Fort Lauderdale Pre Cruise September Hotel Question

hptraveler2

My receipt says no charges until check in. For cancellation, call the hotel within 24 hours with no charge.

How long does it take for Value Trips to get back to you....I sent my information to Value Trip 2 weeks ago for September, and have yet to hear back from them....you can mail me back at catfin7atgmaildotcom....Thank You

Does Hyatt Place offer shuttle from airport? How about complementary breakfast?

Just beginning to look for April stay.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same! I am also wondering why value trips is almost $200 less. When I see these things I worry it's some kind of scam. Can someone provide insight?

Same! I am also wondering why value trips is almost $200 less. When I see these things I worry it's some kind of scam. Can someone provide insight?

Search ValueTrips on this board and you'll see lots of positive reviews. The only complaint I can remember is that it sometimes takes them weeks to get back to you to confirm the reservation.

We have used V.T. several times now over the last 2 years and it is a great bargain. As of late they have been very slow at responding (3 weeks) for our stay this coming sept. If you have a request already with V.T. simply call the hotel and see if they have a reservation for you through V.T. Is is not a scam, they are just slow at responding. They do NOT charge you until your actual stay, and you can cancel a few days before if you plans change. E.S. would be my last resort on 17th. street if all other hotels were booked.

We have stayed several times at both places. Each has its pluses and minus.

My take:

Hyatt Place is the nicer facility by a bit. It is in a better location for dining, shopping, getting around (water taxi and Sun Trolley) and getting to the pier. Rooms are about the same size. Both have very good/friendly staffs. Both have free (or minor cost) shuttles from the airport. Hyatt has a $8 pp shuttle to the pier, I think Springhill's is still free.

Yikes, prices at these hotels are in the low 200's when I am sailing out of Port Everglades, 1st week of December. (Trivago, valuetrips) what the heck!

I am looking for a 1 night stay on Dec 6, 2018. What do you dislike about Embassy Suites? Thanks

Our stay there about 2 years ago. Hotel is very dated. Bathroom was not very clean. Room was on the west side 5th floor on a Saturday, music playing outside in the pool area until midnight. Kinda rude at check in and did not have our room ready until after 5P.M. Elevators Sunday morning were extremely slow. Their idea of happy hour was budwieser brand of beer, no others. Popcorn,check mix, ect. $ 160 a night for May. Positive, breakfast was real good.

Hyatt Place is newer, cleaner, has breakfast, everyone on staff is delightful, rooms are quiet, $119 night in May. One block south of Embassy Suites.

• 5 weeks later...
We have used V.T. several times now over the last 2 years and it is a great bargain. As of late they have been very slow at responding (3 weeks) for our stay this coming sept. If you have a request already with V.T. simply call the hotel and see if they have a reservation for you through V.T. Is is not a scam, they are just slow at responding. They do NOT charge you until your actual stay, and you can cancel a few days before if you plans change. E.S. would be my last resort on 17th. street if all other hotels were booked.

Have you heard back from them yet? I filled out their reservation request 2 wks ago, heard nothing, emailed again this week, no reply, I left a phone msg this morning, nada. I have used them numerous times but they always confirmed within a day or two.

:rolleyes:

Value Trips reservation took about 2 weeks to confirm. We are staying there pre and post cruise in September. They do have free breakfast. I have no idea why most here would stay in an older dated E.S. when Hyatt Place is one block behind E.S.

I've decided to also try Valuetrips for our early November booking at the Hyatt Place, where we've already stayed twice before. Seems we dodged a huge bullet by arriving a week after the Boat Show, so availability of hotel rooms is decent ;o)

For those who have used Valuetrips before, could I get a clarification/confirmation on two points:

The website states "NOTE: If your plans change, you must call to change or cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival date to avoid a no-show penalty." Would we call the hotel or Valuetrips? Given how bad communications seem to be with Valuetrips, I'm hoping that cancellation would be directly with the Hyatt Place.

Also, the Valuetrips website is silent on whether the low rate includes the usual Hyatt Place Breakfast, but I assume it is included? Many hotel packages exclude a free breakfast for the lower rates, but IIRC, the Hyatt Place includes it for ALL guests by default.

Thanks in advance.

I've decided to also try Valuetrips for our early November booking at the Hyatt Place, where we've already stayed twice before. Seems we dodged a huge bullet by arriving a week after the Boat Show, so availability of hotel rooms is decent ;o)

For those who have used Valuetrips before, could I get a clarification/confirmation on two points:

The website states "NOTE: If your plans change, you must call to change or cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival date to avoid a no-show penalty." Would we call the hotel or Valuetrips? Given how bad communications seem to be with Valuetrips, I'm hoping that cancellation would be directly with the Hyatt Place.

Also, the Valuetrips website is silent on whether the low rate includes the usual Hyatt Place Breakfast, but I assume it is included? Many hotel packages exclude a free breakfast for the lower rates, but IIRC, the Hyatt Place includes it for ALL guests by default.

Thanks in advance.

We have always had the free breakfast included in our VT booking, also the free airport shuttle. I believe they have added a small pp fee $2 for that now.

We have always had the free breakfast included in our VT booking, also the free airport shuttle. I believe they have added a small pp fee $2 for that now.

Excellent, thanks very much. We've tended to use taxis from FLL as it's so close, but I think we'll try the hotel shuttle this trip.

Looks like I am booking Hyatt Place through Valuetrips for my upcoming Jan 2019 cruise thanks to this thread!! Thanks everyone!

We are hoping to do so as well, but they don't seem to have opened up the booking for 2019 yet. I hope they do soon.

Uber/Lyft vs Taxi at FLL port to airport. Just reading all your comments above and had to share my comment since we have sailed out of this port several times. We get off the ship and just walk right out to the taxi line that was right there. It is super quick, easy and only about $15 to the airport.

Meanwhile at the port we see all these people standing around staring at their phones and trying to figure out of the 100s of cars pulling in which was “their” Uber. Save yourself a lot of hassle and just support the taxi drivers and use them!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to this thread, just put in a value trip request for the Hyatt for our November sailing. Let's hope it works, I think things are booking up quickly now.

And just got a “your date is blacked out” response. Womp womp.

And just got a “your date is blacked out” response. Womp womp.

Exactly which date(s) in November were you trying to book? Apparently the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show is the first week in November (10/31 to 11/4) and rooms are probably sold out for a thousand miles radius. I just received confirmation today that our November 8 booking, which I made on VT on July 2, is confirmed as AOK.

Best of luck, hope you find something...

Exactly which date(s) in November were you trying to book? Apparently the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show is the first week in November (10/31 to 11/4) and rooms are probably sold out for a thousand miles radius. I just received confirmation today that our November 8 booking, which I made on VT on July 2, is confirmed as AOK.

Best of luck, hope you find something...

You are correct, IF you know at least a year in advance you will be needing a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale, that's when you book it. Looking after Jan 1st, rooms are limited even then. Then IF you can get a room, its $$. What happens is that brokers and vendors book blocks of rooms for their clients, that's why the lack of available rooms.

You are correct, IF you know at least a year in advance you will be needing a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale, that's when you book it. Looking after Jan 1st, rooms are limited even then. Then IF you can get a room, its $$. What happens is that brokers and vendors book blocks of rooms for their clients, that's why the lack of available rooms.

Of course, there are always alternatives to staying in the immediate area of Port Everglades when rooms there are sold out or overpriced and it is necessary to book less than a year in advance. We've stayed a bit further out in Plantation (which still slows tons of availability during the boar show BTW) and the extra few $$$s in taxi fare was more than offset by the MUCH cheaper rooms when compared to the 17th St. strip.

Of course, there are always alternatives to staying in the immediate area of Port Everglades when rooms there are sold out or overpriced and it is necessary to book less than a year in advance. We've stayed a bit further out in Plantation (which still slows tons of availability during the boar show BTW) and the extra few $$$s in taxi fare was more than offset by the MUCH cheaper rooms when compared to the 17th St. strip.

You got that right, however, most people who want to stay in Ft Lauderdale want to stay at the beach!