No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

Just wait until the Beards get another brilliant idea. A lot of people think FTTF is worth it and will pay for it. Maybe they will keep it for diamond status but platinum status is about to be getting huge cutbacks. Too many of us.

And many of us pay for the cruise, not the perks, and couldn't care less about any perks.

Many cruisers have made the point that under FTTF benefits early cabin access is a listed benefit and it is the only one that does not have the disclaimer of "this benefit is also available to Diamonds and Platinums" This is true and many priority passengers would like to see that changed. However the following is also a quote from Carnival's FTTF FAQs:

VIFP Platinum and Diamond members receive all the benefits of FTTF for free. So, not only is the program complimentary for those individuals but we've also enhanced the VIFP Club benefits overall on these ships where we are offering FTTF. At the start of boarding, VIFP Platinum and Diamond members will board first prior to those guests who have purchased the FTTF program.

I don't think most of us would consider all the money we have spent on cruises as gaining us these benefits for free but at least it says that Ds & Ps will receive all of the FTTF benefits.

I don't understand why folks keep beating this dead horse. We have been told that the signs on the doors to the cabins say exactly what Carnival wants the passengers who don't have priority access, either by Platinum or Diamond status or by buying priority per cruise, to see and stay out until the announcement is made that the cabins are ready for everyone to access. For most cruises that's 1:30 pm. The other roadblock to getting into cabins is that unless you have priority rights, your sign & sale card won't be in your cabin mailbox so you can't enter your cabin and staff has been instructed to not let anyone in a cabin without the sign and sail card being in the mailbox. With passengers staying out of the halls the cabins are being readied quicker and with the halls not full of folks wanting to "just store my bags" in their cabin before it's ready, luggage handlers have more room to work & get luggage delivered. On our last several cruises as platinum, members, we have boarded right after wedding parties & Diamond and before FTTF and on board around 11:30 or sooner, check in was very quick, sign & sail cards were in mailbox and luggage arrived by noon. On the recent Horizon TA, half of the passengers were platinum or diamond and their was no FTTF sold due to the number of priority passengers. Amazingly there were few if any complaints that cabins weren't ready or luggage wasn't received shortly after lunch. I'm very happy with assigned boarding times being enforced, having an expedited check in, cabin being ready when we board and luggage received in early afternoon. I have sincere doubts that Carnival has any reason to take any of the current benefits away. They recently raised the prices for FTTF and will probably continue to see what the market will bear. I'm also a very happy stockholder who is glad Carnival has found a way to make more money without having to raise prices across the board. I enjoy the free OBC ,especially for 14+ day cruises, bank dividends each quarter that were just increased and have no intention of selling my stock just because of a little drop. All announcements were positive other than the increasing cost of fuel and that's an issue with all cruise lines and airlines.

I don't understand why folks keep beating this dead horse. We have been told that the signs on the doors to the cabins say exactly what Carnival wants the passengers who don't have priority access, either by Platinum or Diamond status or by buying priority per cruise, to see and stay out until the announcement is made that the cabins are ready for everyone to access. For most cruises that's 1:30 pm. The other roadblock to getting into cabins is that unless you have priority rights, your sign & sale card won't be in your cabin mailbox so you can't enter your cabin and staff has been instructed to not let anyone in a cabin without the sign and sail card being in the mailbox. With passengers staying out of the halls the cabins are being readied quicker and with the halls not full of folks wanting to "just store my bags" in their cabin before it's ready, luggage handlers have more room to work & get luggage delivered. On our last several cruises as platinum, members, we have boarded right after wedding parties & Diamond and before FTTF and on board around 11:30 or sooner, check in was very quick, sign & sail cards were in mailbox and luggage arrived by noon. On the recent Horizon TA, half of the passengers were platinum or diamond and their was no FTTF sold due to the number of priority passengers. Amazingly there were few if any complaints that cabins weren't ready or luggage wasn't received shortly after lunch. I'm very happy with assigned boarding times being enforced, having an expedited check in, cabin being ready when we board and luggage received in early afternoon. I have sincere doubts that Carnival has any reason to take any of the current benefits away. They recently raised the prices for FTTF and will probably continue to see what the market will bear. I'm also a very happy stockholder who is glad Carnival has found a way to make more money without having to raise prices across the board. I enjoy the free OBC ,especially for 14+ day cruises, bank dividends each quarter that were just increased and have no intention of selling my stock just because of a little drop. All announcements were positive other than the increasing cost of fuel and that's an issue with all cruise lines and airlines.

Well said!

I Googled VIFP Perks, and guaranteed early cabin availability was on the FTTF list, but not included in the Platinum/Diamond perks, but I hope that since platinum boarding passes say priority, that will still give us access to the cabin

All points correct, but anyone can just go circumvent the entire system for $5.

Have to admit, I missed to point as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pretty sure they’re referring to a certain poster that insists $5 (and maybe more depending on the special treatment they seek) will get you want you want. It’s a LONG shot but that’s where I’m putting my bet [emoji41].

Pretty sure they’re referring to a certain poster that insists $5 (and maybe more depending on the special treatment they seek) will get you want you want. It’s a LONG shot but that’s where I’m putting my bet [emoji41].

Ahhh, I run especially slow on Sundays....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our only cruise as a Gold VFIP where they enforced the early entry cabin rules (probably 2014 or 2015?) we actually gave the person who tried to stop us a $10 bill and he let us go. He was the assistant cabin attendant in the row of cabins next to ours and a really nice guy so not sure if the $10 was even necessary.

Here's the story: My brother explained that my oldest son really needed to use the bathroom (because he's a germaphobe like 90% of my family) and it was either get in the room or he poops his pants and held out the $10. The guy literally almost crumpled on the floor laughing at my brother and let us go in. Those two joked around the rest of the cruise :)

On our only cruise as a Gold VFIP where they enforced the early entry cabin rules (probably 2014 or 2015?) we actually gave the person who tried to stop us a $10 bill and he let us go. He was the assistant cabin attendant in the row of cabins next to ours and a really nice guy so not sure if the $10 was even necessary.

Here's the story: My brother explained that my oldest son really needed to use the bathroom (because he's a germaphobe like 90% of my family) and it was either get in the room or he poops his pants and held out the $10. The guy literally almost crumpled on the floor laughing at my brother and let us go in. Those two joked around the rest of the cruise :)

Bribing an employee to break the rules. Just when you think you've seen it all. :rolleyes:

Bribing an employee to break the rules. Just when you think you've seen it all. :rolleyes:

It is commonplace and happens daily on ships. Want to get to the front of the queue? Slip someone $10. Want a heavy pour? Slip them cash. Right or wrong, it is the way the world works.

Maybe it was $10 they bragged about, don't really remember.

Yeah I've heard your judgement about giving our cabin attendants money so we can smoke in our room and on the balcony. Don't need to re-litigate the fact that we both disagree and don't seem to be changing stances.

Last cruise I took on Carnival, my luggage tags had Priority and FTTF printed on them. Now it only has Priority printed on them. I haven't read all of the posts, just wondering have anyone cruised lately and had early access to the cabins? I don't cruise again until Sept.

Last cruise I took on Carnival, my luggage tags had Priority and FTTF printed on them. Now it only has Priority printed on them. I haven't read all of the posts, just wondering have anyone cruised lately and had early access to the cabins? I don't cruise again until Sept.

Everything is as it was when you last cruised, no loss of benefit...BAU

Sent from my iPad using Forums