How can DH buy drink package for one? I don't drink.

LUVINMYHUBS

Indeed, but it generally means its not as free as first thought with NCL's (and others) all inclusive deals.

I have read some people on here cancelling it as the cost of the 18% would be more than they would drink.

Which is rather silly, actually. If they purchase drinks one at a time, they will still have that extra 18% service charge added to their bill. I would guess that when looking over the drink menu to purchase a single drink at a time, they only see the price published next to the line item and not mentally add the gratuity. Human nature is so odd! :D

Which is rather silly, actually. If they purchase drinks one at a time, they will still have that extra 18% service charge added to their bill. I would guess that when looking over the drink menu to purchase a single drink at a time, they only see the price published next to the line item and not mentally add the gratuity. Human nature is so odd! :D

Think of it as a sales tax.

I would hope that most of those people on a cruise can compute the 18% of any given price or if they can't to round it off to 20%.

and not even suffer it. Don't be shocked when they see it. They are on a cruise for gosh sakes.

Indeed, but it generally means its not as free as first thought with NCL's (and others) all inclusive deals.

I have read some people on here cancelling it as the cost of the 18% would be more than they would drink.

Really. The 18% for two packages would total $16.00 to $18.00 a day. One martini each and they have already saved 10 bucks.

Really. The 18% for two packages would total $16.00 to $18.00 a day. One martini each and they have already saved 10 bucks.

Your math is off. 18% of the package price is $16, but that is pp. So cost is $32 per day total. Max benefit of the package is up to $15 per drink. With 1 $15 or more martini per person, you are just under the cost of the gratuities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums