Observatons on Celebrity and Princess From A Newbie (kinda long)

mnocket

I feel you should try larger ships of Princess.

Buffets on Royal and Regal are to die for, although previous class (Caribbean, Ruby, Emerald, Crown) are better designed.

I agree - larger Princess ship buffets are better.

My cruise line of choice is Celebrity (I've only sailed on their S class). I had been on the Grand Princess and Ruby Princess and both ships didn't compare to Celebrity IMHO.

I found their buffets were not as good, and the physical layout was not at all impressive (I really love the open concept of Celebrity's Oceanview).

I recently tried the Regal Princess and was much more impressed with the buffet layout and selection. The variety of food options at any given time could actually be greater than Celebrity Oceanview.

Although I still prefer Celebrity buffet overall (for layout design and food quality), I definitely enjoyed the Regal and because of that improvement over my previous Princess experiences, I would sail Princess Royal class again if the right itinerary and pricing comes along.

Okay! I booked it! May 28th Ireland and Iceland on the Eclipse. I have a lot to learn about Celebrity!

:)

I say go for it! I'm not impressed by the perks offered by the cruise line loyalty programs. I guess you could call me a promiscuous cruiser:p

• 3 months later...

Great review- thank you! We are booked on the Coral next spring for the Panama Canal, and just booked on Equinox for this October. It will be our first time on both lines so your post was especially helpful. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review- thank you! We are booked on the Coral next spring for the Panama Canal, and just booked on Equinox for this October. It will be our first time on both lines so your post was especially helpful. Thanks again!

Thanks, glad it was helpful. One suggestion.... when we did the canal transit on the Coral we booked the Sanctuary for the day. I highly recommend it. You will need to book as soon as you board the ship as the Sanctuary is popular on Canal day.

We sailed on Coral Princess twice within a short time [June 2013 to Alaska, Jan. 2014 partial Panama Canal]. The MDR food was completely different on these two cruises: in Alaska is was okay; on the PC cruise it was several notches better. The only change was a different Executive Chef – that's what makes it hard to draw conclusions from only one cruise. Unfortunately on our third Princess cruise, Fall Foliage last year on Crown Princess, the food was much worse all around.

Thanks, glad it was helpful. One suggestion.... when we did the canal transit on the Coral we booked the Sanctuary for the day. I highly recommend it. You will need to book as soon as you board the ship as the Sanctuary is popular on Canal day.

Thank you so much for this tip! I will definitely look into that!