Discount drinks, not on plan

OctoberSky

Not all cheap cabins are guarantee. I have an inside cabin, midship, I picked my room. I got one perk (3rd an 4th free) and I think I got a great deal! I can spend some of my saving on drinks! I was just hoping for a happy hour like Holland America had. [emoji4]

For the posters claiming that you only need to drink $17.80 per day to break even, that's simply not true. You aren't taking into account that the sailaway rate is often hundreds of dollars less than the rates that include perk(s). If you can save let's say $175 per person on a 7-night cruise with sailaway and save the $17.80 per day gratuity, that's $300. So $300 per person worth of drinks and tips over 7 days in order to breakeven with the beverage package.

So it really does depend. In the Caribbean with a few sea days thrown in, you would easily get your moneys worth from the UBP. On a port intensive European itinerary, not so much.

Also, our recent cruise on the Spirit had a wine promotion. Your choice of 4, 6, or 8 bottles from a list of about 15 different regional choices. I think it was either $175 or $179 for 8 bottles. Good option if you like wine with dinner and don't have a UBP.

Back on topic... does anyone have a copy of this list? Someone used to have a spread sheet, but I just saw an updated wine by the glass list, so I’m wondering if this list was updated also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But you also need to put a value on choosing your cabin location and account for that as well.

Many of the least expensive UBP qualifying rates are GTY also, no?

Hey BirdTravels. thanks for posting those drink menu/prices. One question, how recent/current are they?

Just off Spirit 3 weeks ago. Here is the list which appears in most cases around 5% higher than BirdTravel's menus.

jcVsSI.jpg

jhT4cZ.jpg

Rghf4B.jpg

nLmoiq.jpg

bPD7yS.jpg

9E5aZJ.jpg

Edited by rsachek

Hey BirdTravels. thanks for posting those drink menu/prices. One question, how recent/current are they?

I think they must be quite new as the last ones I looked at I could get Glenfiddich on the ubp , now it’s over 15$

When I sailed on the getaway in May 2015 there was almost nothing that wasn’t included in the ubp , unfortunately that list of over 15$ is a lot longer now

$300 a person a week in drinks....EASY....way too EASY.

The math on this is simple..yet it comes up every week...there is no RIGHT answer for everyone...I know the right answer for my Wife and I.....

Getting more off track I know, but I still say they need more BOURBON choices...

"

For the posters claiming that you only need to drink $17.80 per day to break even, that's simply not true. You aren't taking into account that the sailaway rate is often hundreds of dollars less than the rates that include perk(s). If you can save let's say $175 per person on a 7-night cruise with sailaway and save the $17.80 per day gratuity, that's $300. So $300 per person worth of drinks and tips over 7 days in order to breakeven with the beverage package.

So it really does depend. In the Caribbean with a few sea days thrown in, you would easily get your moneys worth from the UBP. On a port intensive European itinerary, not so much. "

I also think that many people put a premium on being able to actually choose their cabin location. I know I do. I'm not sure the Sailaway Cabins afford that.

But you also need to put a value on choosing your cabin location and account for that as well.

I was able to choose my cabin when I upgraded to MX 8736 from a BD on the Bliss and got back 376.00 and if you compare the cabin I was able to choose which is the same as a M6 mini-suite with large balcony I saved another 600.00pp. I did loose the free at sea perks but im fine with that.