New Photo Package ---which one and tips for best use

kimma11

Good morning

Me and my co vacationers are super excited about the photo packages. On our last cruise I spent around $180 on pictures, and will definitely be buying the photo package. I am leaning towards the $199 package, but might go to the $249 one.

Tell me what package you would get and why. Then if you have any tips of utilizing the package I would love to hear them. I don't want to do anything unethical, but would love to hear what others will do with the extra pictures.

I purchased the $250 package for all of my upcoming cruises. We always spend a lot on pictures on the ship. That's really the only time I can get my kids in pictures, so we buy a lot of pictures. So I went with the higher package because I wanted all of the pictures. I added the extra $50 to get the digital files as well so I can make more/larger prints if I want.

I bought the $250 all prints and digital package. My mom and I cruise together and dress up every night. We also like stopping to have pictures taken before dinner. To max use, we'll have pictures taken together and seperately. That alone would be worth it for us over 8 nights. With embarkation, ports, dining room, candids, etc...it will be even better. Upgrading to the digital means less time I have to spend scanning pictures post-cruise.

I bought the $250 all prints and digital package. My mom and I cruise together and dress up every night. We also like stopping to have pictures taken before dinner. To max use, we'll have pictures taken together and seperately. That alone would be worth it for us over 8 nights. With embarkation, ports, dining room, candids, etc...it will be even better. Upgrading to the digital means less time I have to spend scanning pictures post-cruise.

You'll also have the higher quality digital images. When you scan an 8x10 you lose a ton of quality and when you blow it up you pixelate.

You know how people with Cheers binge for the heck of it? I plan on doing that, but with pictures. I’m posing with everything I can find and if I don’t like it, <shrug>. I cruise with my dad and he buys EVERY photo that they take of us, so I’ve been circumspect in the past about posing. Also, our next cruise is on the Paradise and it looks like they only print 8x10s, which are $22 a pop. It won’t be hard to get to $250 worth.

You'll also have the higher quality digital images. When you scan an 8x10 you lose a ton of quality and when you blow it up you pixelate.

I asked in another thread and was told the the digital images are only 2400 x 3000 pixels. That is only 300 dpi at 8x10. Even a mediocre scanner will do at least 600 dpi.

I asked in another thread and was told the the digital images are only 2400 x 3000 pixels. That is only 300 dpi at 8x10. Even a mediocre scanner will do at least 600 dpi.

I'm certainly positive whoever told you that is misinformed. It clearly states as the first item this:

• Prints and digital files will be in the original size orientation that they were taken

This is the first I’ve heard about a photo package. I sure hope that this is the case. When will this be available and on what ships? We are sailing on the Breeze this fall and would love to do this.

Carnival just added the option to their FunShop portion of the website on Thursday. The FAQs indicate the packages have to be purchased before the cruise, and will not be an option once you board the ship.

PIXELS PHOTO PRE-CRUISE PACKAGES

How will you tell your stories? Purchase your photo packages before you set sail and capture your most memorable moments.

Packages may be ordered online 24/7 at carnival.com/Funshops or by calling The Fun Shops department at 1-800-522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET.

Pixels Packages

Pixels - $99.99 USD

• Your best ever 5 photos plus aCanvas Portrait (16" x 20")

Pixels Plus - $199.99 USD

• All photos you can get

Pixels Plus Digital - $249.99 USD

• All photos you can get plus a souvenir USB stick with all of your photos in high resolution digital format

The packages are only available for presale and cannot be purchased on the ship.

Thanks thanks for the information! We are cruising with 3 granddaughters and they would love doing this. The next problem we might have is the two oldest girls have an inside cabin across the hall. They might want us to pay separate for each room. That would make it hard for us to afford

We are doing an 8 day and taking our daughter and niece. When i saw these new packages, I immediately knew we would get the 250 pkg. So, we will definitely get our money's worth! This will be great!

Edited by drgonzogoo
Your mom

• At least 1 person in the stateroom must be in each photo in the Pixels photo package or children under 21 staying in a different cabin to receive the images as part of the pixels photo package.

What I am seeing here is that it includes children under 21 staying in a different cabin

On formal/elegant night they'll have those backdrops set up all over the place, you could take advantage of every one of them.

You in front of the ship

You in front of the field

You in front of the city

You in front of the farmhouse

You in front of the sinking Titanic

You in front of....

Good morning

Me and my co vacationers are super excited about the photo packages. On our last cruise I spent around $180 on pictures, and will definitely be buying the photo package. I am leaning towards the $199 package, but might go to the $249 one.

Tell me what package you would get and why. Then if you have any tips of utilizing the package I would love to hear them. I don't want to do anything unethical, but would love to hear what others will do with the extra pictures.

To me, these packages are geared to the low end or high end....the middle price point if $199 is just filler.

We'll do the $250 just so we can pick all we want, get prints and the thumb drive. A few years ago, we spent over $400 for pictures just to get the thumb drive.

Thanks thanks for the information! We are cruising with 3 granddaughters and they would love doing this. The next problem we might have is the two oldest girls have an inside cabin across the hall. They might want us to pay separate for each room. That would make it hard for us to afford

On the carnival website it says

"At least 1 person in the stateroom must be in each photo in the Pixels photo package or children under 21 staying in a different cabin to receive the images as part of the pixels photo package."

So you do not have to pay extra for the older babies as long as they are under 21

This is great. I have purchased the package with Princess, and I'm so happy to find it with Carnival. :)

We have 2 cabins, DS, DIL, and 5 year old granddaughter in one, and us in the other. I'm assuming I only buy 1 package ???

But I have to be in all the photos??

Patti

This is great. I have purchased the package with Princess, and I'm so happy to find it with Carnival. :)

We have 2 cabins, DS, DIL, and 5 year old granddaughter in one, and us in the other. I'm assuming I only buy 1 package ???

But I have to be in all the photos??

Patti

You don’t have to be in all of them, only someone from your cabin (or your child under 21 staying in another cabin.)

I just purchased a package last night for our cruise next week. When I bought it, I was prompted to select the names of everyone the package applied to, from a list of people in my cabin. (I selected all 3 of us, of course!) I’m sure if my booking was tied to another cabin with a child under 21, I’d be able to select that child as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don’t have to be in all of them, only someone from your cabin (or your child under 21 staying in another cabin.)

I just purchased a package last night for our cruise next week. When I bought it, I was prompted to select the names of everyone the package applied to, from a list of people in my cabin. (I selected all 3 of us, of course!) I’m sure if my booking was tied to another cabin with a child under 21, I’d be able to select that child as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. I ordered it but I didn't select all of us. :o