Sodas and water bottles

No way I would allow my kid three sodas a day. That is a horrific amount of crap for a developing body to consume. If they want to develop that habit as an adult that is their choice but I’m not gonna pay to contribute to such a habit. Plus there is so much free stuff for kids to drink onboard.

Maybe just pay as you go and they might just chose other included options.

With the Freestyle machines, there are a LOT of non-soda options including Power Aid, Juices, Sparkling and Flavored waters.

With the Freestyle machines, there are a LOT of non-soda options including Power Aid, Juices, Sparkling and Flavored waters.

Flavored water is pretty much soda from those machines. None of those juices are real juices and the sports drinks, well, those aren’t very healthy either. All that stuff is high fructose corn syrup or even worse diet sweetners.

I’m not against any of this in general but I’m not sure I understand the thinking of buying a package for a kid when they would need 3 sodas worth a day to break even. Water, juices, flavored waters are all available free all over the ship. I wonder if some people realize that. You can pack a 12 pack of power aid if that is their thing.

Spending that much each day for a kid to drink sodas just seems off to me both monetarily and for health reasons. Just buy a few here and there and keep it to a reasonable amount.

Full disclosure, I drink soda and I’m not that big of a health nut. But I’m an adult and I make my own bad choices. My folks never would’ve paid for us to more than a few sodas on a weeks vacations. They knew it was bad for you even back then.

If you can get water and sparkling water from the freestyle machines, will they sub small bottles of water or cans of soda on Serenade since they don’t have freestyle or just limited to soda at bars?

Not a chance.

If you can get water and sparkling water from the freestyle machines, will they sub small bottles of water or cans of soda on Serenade since they don’t have freestyle or just limited to soda at bars?
I was unaware that there were RCI ships that did not have freestyle machines. DH is going to be so sad as we are going on Serenade in November and he loves being able to use those machines rather than having to wait for a bartender. Can someone tell me what other ships do not have the freestyle machines?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I was unaware that there were RCI ships that did not have freestyle machines. DH is going to be so sad as we are going on Serenade in November and he loves being able to use those machines rather than having to wait for a bartender. Can someone tell me what other ships do not have the freestyle machines?

There's a thread for that. ;)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2584370

Thanks for the link! Hope all is well with you; Bill and I cruised with you on the Anthem back in Jan 2016 if my memory serves, which sometimes is iffy [emoji23]

Thanks for the link! Hope all is well with you; Bill and I cruised with you on the Anthem back in Jan 2016 if my memory serves, which sometimes is iffy [emoji23]

It has to be better than MY memory! :D

But I believe you. I was on the Anthem then. Did we do any activities together? Or should I just give up on trying to remember? ;)

It has to be better than MY memory! :D

But I believe you. I was on the Anthem then. Did we do any activities together? Or should I just give up on trying to remember? ;)

I was the (crazy) one who set up the slot pull and the Thenford Grey Grand Tour of St Kitty that eventually grew into two vans. Bill and Leslie from New York were on this same cruise too!