Sodas and water bottles

You can purchase the "classic soda package" for something like $8.50 per day (don't remember the cost). But that's only for one person and you have to purchase it for the entire cruise. You can also purchase cases of water. Works out to around $3.40 per bottle (including tip) depending on how many cases you order.

Found this information:

Royal Caribbean drink prices,

DrinkPriceBeer$7.25 (American); $6.95 (Import)Glass of wine$10.00 - $16.00Bottled water$2.25Cocktail$10.00 - 13.00Hard Cider$6.50 - $6.95Can of Soda$3.25Drink of the Day$8.00Latte$4.25Bottle of water (500 ml)$3.25 updated: January 27, 2017

This information is valid for Adventure of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas, Vision of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas.

* priceshigher on Oasis and Quantum class ships

If only one of you purchases a soda card, you can't both get a soda using the card in the MDR at lunch or dinner. The one without the soda card would be charged a per drink soda on the SeaPass card. The waiter will ask for your SeaPass card and see that you don't have the soda package. Not allowed.

How much are individual sodas on board? What about bottled water?

A long time ago, DH and I only purchased 1 soda card and we were both served at dinner. Do they still do that?

Cans of soda are almost $4 and bottles of water $3.50 including the automatic 18% tip.

You can each purchase a soda package for $8.50 each per day. You cannot share the package. Soda package is for fountain soda.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting the classic soda package for my teenage son for our cruise on anthem of the seas. How does the soda machine work? It would require him to carry the special cup every time he would like a soda? Would he also be able to get a soda at the MDR? Would we need to bring the cup? At the soda machine, will it also require him to scan his sea pass card? Sorry I have never purchased this package and not sir how it works. Also if he loses the cup, can we get a replacement ?<br><br>

Thinking of getting the classic soda package for my teenage son for our cruise on anthem of the seas. How does the soda machine work? It would require him to carry the special cup every time he would like a soda? Would he also be able to get a soda at the MDR? Would we need to bring the cup? At the soda machine, will it also require him to scan his sea pass card? Sorry I have never purchased this package and not sir how it works. Also if he loses the cup, can we get a replacement ?<br><br>

The cup must be used to get soda from the Freestyle machine, Seapass card is not used on the machine.

Soda can be obtained at any bar or restaurant with the SeaPass card, however the choices will be limited.

The cups have a chip in them so they will work in the free style machine. I always get this package. They do not seem to change the chips, I took B2B cruises and the first cup worked on the second cruise.

If not using self service machines you can just go to any bar or food outlet and request a soda. Never did anyone ever tell me they could not provide or do not have soda.

If you lose the cup it will not be replaced so do not lose your cup. But if you do it only means no Freestyle machine you can still use the card anywhere.

The Freestyle machines add HUGE value to the soda package! Not only do you not have to wait for a bartender to get a soda, but your choices are almost unlimited. In addition to every flavor of soda, there is Minute Maid, Power Aid, regular and sparkling waters - in all flavors and more

[quote=Expat Cruise;55786534

If you lose the cup it will not be replaced so do not lose your cup. But if you do it only means no Freestyle machine you can still use the card anywhere.

If you lose the cup, you can purchase another one. Just go to guest services.

If we want to try a few water bottles, what is the best way? Luggage that gets taken on board for us, or our carryons? We like to take them for port days. So we are talking like 6-8 bottles.

With that small amount, I'd use carry-ons.

Three sodas a day and you're even.

No way I would allow my kid three sodas a day. That is a horrific amount of crap for a developing body to consume. If they want to develop that habit as an adult that is their choice but I’m not gonna pay to contribute to such a habit. Plus there is so much free stuff for kids to drink onboard.

Maybe just pay as you go and they might just chose other included options.