Epic LIVE March 24-31, 2018

Gimmiethebeach

I got to the pool deck at 8:35 and after a quick glance at the sea of empty chairs - empty of actual people, full of towels, bags and books - decided to just head back up to deck 18. It’s windy up here today but at least there is room! This is the first year Aidan has really wanted to be on a lounger with us so I’m having to get three chairs instead of two. He’s found that he likes reading in the sun (almost) just as much as his mom. He has a book to read this week for AP Lang and luckily he’s enjoying it so he will be up here as soon as he wakes up. The texting through iMessage is still working by the way. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chair hogging at it's best. Not cool :mad:

Muster is over, we are unpacked and we just waved goodbye to the Disney Fantasy.

ec216e1c5b415cc90363984b96052303.jpg

We are in an aft balcony, deck 8. It’s our first time in an aft balcony so I’m really excited to be able to enjoy the lounger and the scenery.

[ATTACH]417545[/ATTACH]0282c5a9ff773f2619741c91bfdeb5ef.jpg

I must say, I’m already missing my fish. Not two hours on the ship and we ended up forward instead of aft!3e15e1c52645ed09cc1e04d9f19bea4e.jpg

One carpet is red and the other blue

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a meet up scheduled for Bloody Marys and Mimosas at 10 this morning at Spice H2O. Maybe ten people showed up but it was fun to get to put a face to a name for those people you’ve been taking to on social media. It was fun and we met some other people, too. The bar at Spice was a fun place to be today! 53146b4b7066f550fdd9c261d049cffc.jpg

Tip of the day: set your phone so it does not automatically adjust to a new time zone. That way when “ship time” changes, there is NO confusion about what time it really is. [emoji37]

We had reservations for Pricilla at 7:00 and I thought my phone had adjusted to ship time, but apparently it had not. So we just came hauling booty to the theater at 6:44 (really 5:44) to find it locked up tight, thinking we missed it...but we are an hour early! [emoji23]

what is iMessage?

That’s just for iPhones. It’s a way to text message over WiFi. Patrick has a Samsung so texting with him isn’t working, but as long as Kevin or Aidan had logged in to the internet package we bought and texted me, it continues to work even when none of us are logged into the internet package.

Sorry I’ve been radio silent - time to get caught up!

So after bowling last night we boogied back to the cabins to shower, thinking we had 20 minutes until we had to get in our seats for Priscilla. Apparently we were all messed up on the actual time because we were an hour early. But the show was fantastic, we all really liked it. But definitely not for young kids.

Today we docked in Falmouth, Jamaica. Wanting to avoid any kind of long bus ride to an excursion, we decided to go to the Hilton Rosehall thru Resort for a day. The bus picked us up at 8:45 and it took about 25 min to get there. It was nice, pretty beach, good food and the lazy river was fun to float around in.

On the way to the Hilton (nice big air conditioned bus), we kept seeing goats hanging out on the side of the road. The driver told us since the farmers don’t have a lot of land, they teach the goats to stay off the roads by tying them up beside the highway for a few months and then they learn to just stay on the sides and eat. So the goats we saw that were loose were the professional goats [emoji23]. I’m a bit enthralled with that whole thing, don’t ask me why. fbfa5a454ae59b9a9368aa97cef05276.jpg

Here are a few more pics of our drive back to the ship.

3893b566baef22fad4b39a8ebcfd103a.jpg334249b60043fc79424f97abde13594c.jpg3853c3c15f4a2aa14a8ad4ea0c380962.jpg

Full size lanes and such? I remember when the Gem had those. They removed them eventually. The cheesy bowling on Breakaway was fun for kids it seemed.

Yes, three full size lanes behind O’Sheehan’s. You get shoes and everything. It’s $7 per person, per game.

Tonight is Le Bistro for dinner. Yum! Right now we are just chilling in our cabins. Unfortunately our balcony is in the direct sunlight and there is no breeze so it’s a bit too hot to hang out there, which I really like to do when we get back to the ship early. All aboard is at 4:30, sail away at 5:00.