Beverage package price lower

my husband and I will be on Empress of the Seas April 5-9. We booked the Deluxe Beverage Package when we booked our cruise. For fun I looked today and the price is about $57 lower, total. I called to see if I could get the lower price and we could if we cancelled our current package and rebooked. The problem with that is it would tie up about $1000 until the old package was refunded onto our card. I asked if we could have an onboard credit instead and the person with whom I spoke said they (the beverage/package department?) don't issue the onboard credits. Does anyone know who does and if I might have better luck speaking with someone else?

my husband and I will be on Empress of the Seas April 5-9. We booked the Deluxe Beverage Package when we booked our cruise. For fun I looked today and the price is about $57 lower, total. I called to see if I could get the lower price and we could if we cancelled our current package and rebooked. The problem with that is it would tie up about $1000 until the old package was refunded onto our card. I asked if we could have an onboard credit instead and the person with whom I spoke said they (the beverage/package department?) don't issue the onboard credits. Does anyone know who does and if I might have better luck speaking with someone else?

The only option is to cancel and rebook.

Cancel and rebook is the only option... For what it's worth it takes maybe a week tops to refund the money to your credit card.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cancel and repurchase is what I do when the price is lower on drink packages or excursions. It usually takes about a week for the refund. There is not really anything else you could do unless you cancel the package now and wait for the refund to purchase it again. But you risk the chance of the price going up and not down.

We have researched deluxe beverage package and on website states “A service charge of 15% has already been included in the purchase price.”. So we went to purchase and noticed an 18% service added. Called RCL explained issue and told that is right, gratuity is included in cart when you purchase, not in package price. Said bit misleading and told not really. Well, beg to differ. Will go ala carte, bring 2 wines with us and enjoy a dink or two on shore excursions instead of on board. Really dislike such tactics, but . . . .

Cruising has changed - we last cruised on Celebrity 4 years ago without such issues and many years ago on RCL which didn’t have packages. FWIW