NCL’s policy on Liquor…

Bud McDutton

What is wrong with a few of you. The op was only venting and certainly has a right to. I thought this site was to get information and also for venting now and then. Some of you have been just plain rude.

Afterbooking our tour I got quite a shock when I looked at NCL’s policy on Liquor…pleasetell me that no reasonable company would not allowed at least SOME amount ofwine or beer on board without them wanting an outrages ‘corking fee’.

I can do two weeks without drinking... hell I could go the rest of my life - but the idea of keeping a captive audience and drawing out every dime really frosts me.

obviously you have cruised for awhile, whether on NCL or other mass marketed lines. This has been NCLs policy for years. Yes, you can bring on wine, and pay the corkage fee, but you can not bring on any other type of alcohol. Most lines have the same or a similar policy. The bar is one of the money makers for cruise companies.

Aloha, you certainly are not going to compare Oceania with NCL, same basis company or not: one is a mass marketed, middle priced line, the other is luxury from the start and the prices reflect that luxury.

Edited by newmexicoNita

We go to a really good Italian restaurant up in Prescott Az about a mile or two from our summer home and you can bring your wine or beer to have with dinner no corkage fee! The food is great! And reasonably priced. And they bring you wine glasses and a corkscrew!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that is true in a few restaurants but if I remember right, these restaurants do not have a bar, am I right?

Every NCL Cruise I’ve been on we have had the free liquor package! Every hotel we book has a free happy hour. And not sure what part of civility you don’t understand?

The only hotel I’ve ever stayed at with a free happy hour is embassy suites, and I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels (mostly business class though, where a glass of wine at the lobby bar is $12 a glass). There are a lot of BYO restaurants here, because liquor licenses are limited, but you can’t bring alcohol into restaurants where you can buy it. Even DCL no longer allows liquor, and limits beer and wine.

Every NCL Cruise I’ve been on we have had the free liquor package! Every hotel we book has a free happy hour. And not sure what part of civility you don’t understand?

as much as I love the liquor package, don't kid yourself, it isn't really free and as for the hotels, most of them that offer the happy hour have slightly higher prices as well, along with the happy hour is exactly that 1 hour.

as much as I love the liquor package, don't kid yourself, it isn't really free and as for the hotels, most of them that offer the happy hour have slightly higher prices as well, along with the happy hour is exactly that 1 hour.

Please pardon my wicked sense of humor Nita, but isn't that why it's called Happy HOUR? ;););):D:D:D

The only hotel I’ve ever stayed at with a free happy hour is embassy suites, and I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels (mostly business class though, where a glass of wine at the lobby bar is $12 a glass). There are a lot of BYO restaurants here, because liquor licenses are limited, but you can’t bring alcohol into restaurants where you can buy it. Even DCL no longer allows liquor, and limits beer and wine.

Klimpton Hotels do “free” happy hour. So do many boutique class hotels. If you stay on concierge level floors of larger chains, Fairmont, Hyatt etc. happy hours are offered.