Zair and travel dates

rhsjr

There have been a lot of posts about ZAir, but I can't find an answer to my question. We are doing the Australia/New Zealand cruise next February (ZAir will be available soon). The cruise leaves Monday, February 18, 2019, but we want to leave the U.S. Sunday, February 10 to allow for pre cruise sightseeing and on the return, the cruise ends Saturday, March 2nd. We want to do post-cruise sightseeing for a few days. Can we still book ZAir (if cheaper)?

Yes we have booked, but the return air will not be available for another 12 days (330 out).

Is ZAir usually cheaper than "regular" air?

It may be less expensive. You have to check it out. Also with EZAir you can make changes up to payment time. While this is a plus for you, once booked keep watching the booking because EZ Air sometimes makes changes.

EZ Air (not ZAir) will allow you to manipulate the dates of travel to your specifications. Sometimes the price is better, sometimes it isn't. If you book Flexible Air, you can watch the prices and if you see a lower price, you can get it very easily by cancelling the air and rebooking it under the new price. It can save you quite a bit of money when you're booking far in advance as the rates fluctuate a lot.

You can choose your dates with EZ Air, whether before or after the cruise. We've stayed more than a week after a cruise with no problem.

When you book far out, do check your flight info periodically. Both the airlines and Princess can change the flights before they are paid, the airline can change them after payment. The only thing you guarantee is the price!

Yes we have booked, but the return air will not be available for another 12 days (330 out).

Is ZAir usually cheaper than "regular" air?

I have Business Class air for this summer. Cheapest I could do on my own was $5000. I am spending $2500. My flight direct through United is over $8000.

Yes you can. We have booked flights using ezair as much as 2 weeks before or after our voyage and have always found lower rates than we could buy on our own. Check multiple date combinations and alternate airport choices when possible as sometimes the rate difference can be significant by doing so.

Also, one last thing to know is Princess Vacation Protection ensures your flight costs when buying through them. This can be a huge benefit IF you must cancel after the full payment date.

As others have said it is very easy to do what you are requesting. One thing to be careful of when booking on EZAir is that it asks on the outbound for the date you want to arrive, so if you want to leave the US on February 10, you would put February 12 there.

On my flights for the Australia/New Zealand cruise I just got back from you could also select different arrival airports through the website. If I remember correctly the options were Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and a couple others I can't remember.