Shows Tenure Too Long

gmbhardy

Do you have any idea what perks that might include?

We enjoyed our cruise on the MSC Divina and were matched to Black Card, their highest level of loyalty. Here's some info and the website:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Discover our cruises and we'll guarantee the benefits you are used to.

Are you a loyalty program member of hotels, cruise lines or tour operators? Discover MSC's Status Match program!

Join MSC Cruises' loyalty program for free and maintain all the privileges you're used to! You will be assigned an MSC Voyagers Club level, from Classic to Black, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any future cruise booking and a smiliar or higher privilege status than your current loyalty program.

Here are some of the privileges for MSC Voyagers Club members during the cruise:

• • Priority boarding
  • • Bottle of spumante in stateroom
  • • Courtesy towel bathrobe
  • • Access to the thermal area in the MSC Aurea Spa
  • • Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant

Enjoy

I'm departing 5/13 on the Getaway. Will Million Dollar Quartet still be playing? Kinda hoping yes. ;-)

Yes it will still be on the Getaway until at least December unless something drastic happens. My son signed on for another contract (he is in the show). I know he will miss all holidays at home including Christmas. :(:(:(:(

(Could not take all the frownie faces off in edit mode-I meant to do only one. Now there is one for each holiday he will miss I guess-Don't get me wrong, I am happy for him. It is a really good gig.)

I am not one to cruise the same ship and the same itineraries either, but I am looking at cruises on the Getaway this fall!

Edited by Seminole1975

We enjoyed our cruise on the MSC Divina and were matched to Black Card, their highest level of loyalty. Here's some info and the website:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Discover our cruises and we'll guarantee the benefits you are used to.

Are you a loyalty program member of hotels, cruise lines or tour operators? Discover MSC's Status Match program!

Join MSC Cruises' loyalty program for free and maintain all the privileges you're used to! You will be assigned an MSC Voyagers Club level, from Classic to Black, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any future cruise booking and a smiliar or higher privilege status than your current loyalty program.

Here are some of the privileges for MSC Voyagers Club members during the cruise:

• • Priority boarding
  • • Bottle of spumante in stateroom
  • • Courtesy towel bathrobe
  • • Access to the thermal area in the MSC Aurea Spa
  • • Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant

Enjoy

Good information. The Seaside appeals to me. Might try it next year.

What I regret is NCL dropping the Jean Ryan Dance Co. Her productions were Broadway quality. I never tired of her shows even after watching them several times. Letting them go was the start of NCL's downward trend.

Downward trend? I think NCL has some of the best entertainment at sea. Just my opinion, though.

I agree that the shows need to change more often, or change the ships around more often like they are doing with Breakaway, Escape etc later this year. As a paying customer, I don’t really care what it costs to change the shows, if they want me to return on a regular basis they need to make the experience interesting. I’m not interested in seeing any of the production shows more than once. Some I wish I hadn’t seen once lol!

Branching out to other lines isn’t always feasible when you value the freestyle experience. We tried RCCL last year and it just didn’t match NCL for freestyle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We travel on NCL’s mega ships about four times each year and frankly I’m getting tired watching the same shows over and over again, the exception would be Million Dollar Quartet. I realize that staging broadway quality shows is expensive but it would be nice to change it up say every two years or so. Any thoughts?

IMO NCL show quality has decreased substantially in the past five years, and I don't find any of them worth going to, including Million Dollar Quartet.

Yes it will still be on the Getaway until at least December unless something drastic happens. My son signed on for another contract (he is in the show). I know he will miss all holidays at home including Christmas. :(:(:(:(

(Could not take all the frownie faces off in edit mode-I meant to do only one. Now there is one for each holiday he will miss I guess-Don't get me wrong, I am happy for him. It is a really good gig.)

I am not one to cruise the same ship and the same itineraries either, but I am looking at cruises on the Getaway this fall!

Who does he play in MDQ? My favorite cruise show ever--I've gone three times and could go every cruise; but of course we don't cruise on just one ship, usually. Due to a family celebration cruise we did do the Getaway the last two years; only ship that worked out for everyone.

What I regret is NCL dropping the Jean Ryan Dance Co. Her productions were Broadway quality. I never tired of her shows even after watching them several times. Letting them go was the start of NCL's downward trend.

I agree. After hearing so many negatives about NCL, our first cruise on the Jewel was a revelation, as far as the shows go. Bring the dance company back!

We prefer NCL over the other lines. We feel there shows are WAY better than what RCCL offered on my last cruise. Carnival does not even come close to what NCL offers, Princess was ok but the folks are a little older than NCL. To each their own I guess.

Who does he play in MDQ? My favorite cruise show ever--I've gone three times and could go every cruise; but of course we don't cruise on just one ship, usually. Due to a family celebration cruise we did do the Getaway the last two years; only ship that worked out for everyone.

Carl Perkins for six months starting on the Getaway in June.

IMO NCL show quality has decreased substantially in the past five years, and I don't find any of them worth going to, including Million Dollar Quartet.

Tell that to the lucky folks who get to see Jersey Boys on the Bliss in Alaska. NCL was quick to hire some of the guys who have been doing that show around the country.

I disagree with the above statement. Jersey Boys, Priscilla, MDQ and Rock of Ages have all been on Broadway. Some won Tony awards. Some of the actors who worked in the shows for NCL have been on Broadway. NCL pays the principal actors very well.

FYI NCL bought the rights to MDQ for three years; now going into the third year. They get overall good reviews, but who knows if the show will be renewed or not? Most people seem to like it.

From what I know about NCL creative studios in Tampa, they try really hard to hire legitimate talented actors. Some of them are Equity although NCL is not an Equity house. I am only talking about the main stage shows here-don't know a thing about the comedians or other acts.

I have seen the "cheesy", silly, made-up shows on Carnival and Holland America. Some people might like them. Those aren't worth seeing IMHO, but at least NCL buys the rights to legitimate theater. Not everyone is a theater person. I see more live theater than go to the movies. I like it all-plays and musicals. Each to his own. For example, I have never been to any of those game shows and other activities they do in the Getaway Atrium. Those aren't for me and that is fine. There is something for everyone.

So he has been playing him since 2016? He is so good! Awesome actor and singer. Also really like the Jerry Lee Lewis actor.

Thanks! Actually since the end of 2013. He was in Chicago doing MDQ (understudy for Elvis and Carl P) thru 2016 and then began working for NCL. He is in Phoenix now doing the show.