How Would You Rank the Specialty Restaurants on Allure

eshej

We like Giovanni's best.

Do you find it depends on the ship? We find on oasis it is so crowded and so loud it minimizes our enjoyment. Haven’t done it on other class ships. Just curious. My wife does love the food aspect Giovanni’s and I like any food source that isn’t moving so my opinion doesn’t matter much.

Do you find it depends on the ship? We find on oasis it is so crowded and so loud it minimizes our enjoyment. Haven’t done it on other class ships. Just curious. My wife does love the food aspect Giovanni’s and I like any food source that isn’t moving so my opinion doesn’t matter much.

Yes, I find that the quality and service does vary quite a bit, but I've had much better luck with Giovanni's than Chops.

I'd have to rate them as:

Chops

Samba

Giovanni's.

I haven't tried 150 Central Park as I can't get anyone that I travel with to go there. I am not crazy about Giovanni's. I didn't like the pasta Carbonara as it has an egg on top and I am used to having it mixed in the sauce. I also thought the filet was not anywhere near as good as that in Chops.

We usually get a 5 night package and we end up in Chops 3 of 4 nights. Last year our waiter told my son to try the rib eye steak and he loved it, so the next night the rest of us, except for my granddaughter, tried it. We all loved it, but it is huge!

This next cruise we are going to try Hibachi, but it isn't part of any package, so we are getting it separately. I am looking forward to the lobster and scallop combo. None of our local Japanese hibachi restaurants have that combo.

From the ones we’ve tried:

- Giovanni’s

- Chops

- Samba

Samba was a total bust. Service was so bad that the rest manager approached our table without being prompted and told us that he’d noticed that our service had been lacking. The cuts of meat that we were served were so bad that we kept passing, hoping that they were saving the good stuff for last, but it never came. We left still feeling hungry so we headed for the Windjammer Cafe to grab a few bites of something else to tie us over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums