Regent Explorer"best" Concierge Suites

bitob

We had booked a SS Suite on Explorer for a TA we have had to cancel and we are going to transfer the deposit to another cruise. I have been debating between a SS suite and a Concierge Suite (having eliminated the PHs based on the comments on these boards) for a longer TA on Explorer - 25 nights.

We really love having a butler but perhaps with great service (this will be our first Regent cruise) we can opt for the Concierge Suite for around 18K less. Are there certain Concierge Suites that are preferred? - eg. bigger balconies, better location? I have done a search but I am unable to find this precise information.

We really love having a butler but perhaps with great service (this will be our first Regent cruise) we can opt for the Concierge Suite for around 18K less. Are there certain Concierge Suites that are preferred? - eg. bigger balconies, better location? I have done a search but I am unable to find this precise information.

Our first thought would not be about the butler, but about the difference in suite size - and the extra half bath if you can get a mid-ship SS suite.

The forward ss suites do not have the 1/2 bath. In addition, the slope of the ship forward is quite difficult for tall passengers to maneuver around. I also would check the deck, to determine what is above you...especially be wary of deck 10. One of the SS suites is directly below the culinary kitchen and past passengers have complained about the constant noise from it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like room service. Is there anyplace to eat in a concierge suite

If you do enjoy room service, a Concierge Suite is going to be a bit cozy for that - especially if you will be doing a full meal of several courses. This is where the extra space obviously comes in handy. We see 922 was mentioned, which is mid-ship and not under the Culinary Kitchen - two good points. We were in an Explorer Suite, which is quite similar, and we both enjoyed it very much. The extra half bath allowed each of us to have our own bathroom - something we believe every couple would enjoy.

You mention a difference of about 18K between Concierge and SS, we believe, but in the brief checking we did the difference seems closer to 12K for two. Perhaps we are missing something.

I just watched video tours of the suites. The ph is out of the question.

We like room service. Is there anyplace to eat in a concierge suite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious but why is the PH out of the question for you? Have one booked and always like to hear another’s impressions.

I have read the many posts about the layout which is narrow and somewhat claustrophobic and the closet is very small. No tub. Then I watched the video tour. Yuck imo. Poor design. Concierge suites are much nicer

We also will to book a PH suite as we do not care for the layout -- there is no bathtub and, most importantly, the closet is tiny.

We love the F1/F2 and Concierge suites on Explorer and did not find them small at all (and we are used to Seven Seas and above suites). We are currently in a Seven Seas Suite on Mariner and the balcony is extremely small. This is not the case with F1/F2 suites and above.

We also will to book a PH suite as we do not care for the layout -- there is no bathtub and, most importantly, the closet is tiny.

We love the F1/F2 and Concierge suites on Explorer and did not find them small at all (and we are used to Seven Seas and above suites). We are currently in a Seven Seas Suite on Mariner and the balcony is extremely small. This is not the case with F1/F2 suites and above.

The table in the PH looks unusable for dining in the suite. Perhaps good for breakfast. You did not find the narrowness of the sitting area an issue? It looks very confined whereas the Concierge suite looks open and airy.

We usually book a penthouse suite, but last year we looked at the pictures for Explorer Penthouse suites and felt it looked too narrow.

We booked a concierge D . Really liked the walk in wardrobe and the bathroom. However we felt the living area bit cramped. The sofa is quite uncomfortable and we always have breakfast in the cabin and that to me felt a challenge, buts that’s just my opinion.

We were lucky enough to be shown round a Penthouse suite and really felt the photographs didn’t do it justice. For us it was perfect, as I said we only ever eat breakfast in cabin. The bathroom is also lovely, as a bath is not a deal breaker for us, and yes the walk in wardrobe was smaller but I would feel it manageable with good arrangements of contents. Jean.

I must say I am torn. I have searched and read nearly every post addressing f, concierge, ph and ss suite. Now I’m leaning toward the ss suite for the space and the butler. Third world choices I know but cabin choice is important to us on a cruise with many sea days

I have read the many posts about the layout which is narrow and somewhat claustrophobic and the closet is very small. No tub. Then I watched the video tour. Yuck imo. Poor design. Concierge suites are much nicer

I prefer not to have a tub taking up space so for me no tub is a bonus. I like the separation between bedroom and sofa area. I find virtual tours don't always do a space justice given the camera angles. Will see how it all works out.

A tub is important to us but not a dealbreaker

Another factor that influenced me re the ph was a report from a friend who had sailed on explorer and toured the ph.

Everyone is different. I’m sure you will enjoy your cruise and the ph

I must say I am torn. I have searched and read nearly every post addressing f, concierge, ph and ss suite. Now I’m leaning toward the ss suite for the space and the butler. Third world choices I know but cabin choice is important to us on a cruise with many sea days

Take the SS suite. You still get a butler with a PH. But, as other cruisers stated, the PH closets are small and the dining and lounge space is tight with oversized furniture. Not very comfortable for dining in. We were on deck 7 in a PH about 1 1/2 years ago for 17 days and would not recommend. Booked another cruise on Explorer over the December 2019 holidays and chose an Explorer suite instead.

Take the SS suite. You still get a butler with a PH. But, as other cruisers stated, the PH closets are small and the dining and lounge space is tight with oversized furniture. Not very comfortable for dining in. We were on deck 7 in a PH about 1 1/2 years ago for 17 days and would not recommend. Booked another cruise on Explorer over the December 2019 holidays and chose an Explorer suite instead.

Going to take your advice. Thx

Quick question TC. I have booked the SS AFT suite on deck 9 for our Asia/Japan cruise March 2019. The balcony looks quite sizable and am wondering if you are in the Forward SS suite? Just making sure we made the correct decision when going with the SS Aft. The two bathrooms are also in these suites. Can you confirm, please. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Everyone is different. I’m sure you will enjoy your cruise and the ph

I hope so. I couldn’t justify the additional amount for a larger suite, especially on this cruise which is port intensive.

Have to suffer in the PH😉

We have been in the Superior Suite. Loved it. But it is not conducive to dining. Bathroom is great. No butler.

We have also been in the Explorer suite -918. 1 1/2 baths and great balcony. Plenty of space with living room/ dining room. Butler service. Loved it.

We visited the PH. Booked it for next cruise. We do not use the bathtub. Loved the large shower. Like the separation between bedroom and living room. Best of all it has butler service and a good size balcony.

Hey -- you can't go wrong!

Sheila

We have been on the Mariner in a SS Aft 989 twice: Suite dimensions: 561 ft2 (52 m2)

Balcony: 286 ft2 (27 m2). The balcony was very large and included a double lounger with canopy, a round table seating 5, 2 chairs and a small cocktail table. It also has 1 and 1/2 baths. Our last two cruises were on Mariner and will cruise again on her May 6, 2018. Can't wait!

We have been on the Mariner in a SS Aft 989 twice: Suite dimensions: 561 ft2 (52 m2)

Balcony: 286 ft2 (27 m2). The balcony was very large and included a double lounger with canopy, a round table seating 5, 2 chairs and a small cocktail table. It also has 1 and 1/2 baths. Our last two cruises were on Mariner and will cruise again on her May 6, 2018. Can't wait!

Thank you for this info. We will be in 988 and I can now tell we made the correct decision. Those were the stats I had seen for our suite, also. Looking forward to our 1st Regent cruise after cruising many times with Oceania.

Quick question TC. I have booked the SS AFT suite on deck 9 for our Asia/Japan cruise March 2019. The balcony looks quite sizable and am wondering if you are in the Forward SS suite? Just making sure we made the correct decision when going with the SS Aft. The two bathrooms are also in these suites. Can you confirm, please. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

We were talking about the Explorer and now it sounds like the Mariner. This may be confusing some readers.

We were talking about the Explorer and now it sounds like the Mariner. This may be confusing some readers.

Yes, I agree but TC said she was currently on the Mariner in an SS suite and that is why I quoted her when I asked the question. Yes, it could be confusing but I now have my answer from another helpful person who had the SS Aft on Mariner.