Boarding Confusion

I’m confused which isn’t that difficult. I have completed online checkin with a time of 11:00 for boarding but then on the Website the dashboard page says please arrive at least 2 hours before scheduled boarding. So do I actually need to arrive at the port for 09:00?

Sorry probably should have said, sailing on the Symphony from Barcelona in June.

I’m confused which isn’t that difficult. I have completed online checkin with a time of 11:00 for boarding but then on the Website the dashboard page says please arrive at least 2 hours before scheduled boarding. So do I actually need to arrive at the port for 09:00?

Sorry probably should have said, sailing on the Symphony from Barcelona in June.

No you don't. As long as you are there at least 2 hours before the ship sails, you should be fine.

Just double check when check in/boarding closes, so you are the before that.

They are saying (and not very clearly) that you must be checked in 2 hours prior to the ship setting sail. If you arrive between 11-11:30, you'll be just fine. You do NOT want to arrive before boarding has started or you will have a lengthy wait. Boarding generally begins around 11am.

Are the assigned boarding times new? And are you tied to that time - what if you are given 1 p.m. and want to come earlier?

Royal has not enforced suggested boarding times on cruises out of US ports.