April Fool's day

A bunch of people are boarding cruise ships on April Fool's day Boy what a lot of potential for fun if the crew was so inclined. "Can I have your attention please, "Due to a delay in filing the paperwork, Royal Caribbean's liquor license has expired and we can't service alcohol until the permit is renewed next week."

A bunch of people are boarding cruise ships on April Fool's day Boy what a lot of potential for fun if the crew was so inclined. "Can I have your attention please, "Due to a delay in filing the paperwork, Royal Caribbean's liquor license has expired and we can't service alcohol until the permit is renewed next week."

Or worse. “For those on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas, we inadvertently allowed our liquor license to lapse. Since this happened before you boarded yesterday, we can continue serving liquor. Unfortunately, we cannot serve those on our next cruise embarking next Sunday, since it will take a week to renew our license.”

Speaking of loyalty status, they could screw with the upper tiers before handing the their seapass cards. "I see this is your first cruise, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean!"

Speaking of loyalty status, they could screw with the upper tiers before handing the their seapass cards. "I see this is your first cruise, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean!"

Now that would really send some into a tizzy.

Good reason to keep your seapass card from your previous cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Good reason to keep your seapass card from your previous cruise.

On our first cruise as Diamond, they did pull this stunt on us, probably unintentionally, and it was late April . When we boarded Oasis , I know I had been talking non-stop to my wife about our first Diamond cruise and how I was looking forward to seeing DIAMOND on my Seapass card and sitting in the Diamond area. It wasn't until we got to our rooms and saw the list of benefits on our Seapass cards that she asked, why is mine less? I looked and sure enough hers said EMERALD. Our cruising history is identical. They corrected it, but I hate going to guest services on the first or last day of a cruise. April Fool's on me.

inlineguestsvc2.jpg