Allure of the seas review 3-11-18

I am fairly new, and not sure I have much to offer, but appreciate all the info I have gotten from this site, so I thought I would post a small review of our recent trip.

My wife and I did our first cruise in 20 years last year on Jewel and lowed it enough to want to take our kids this year, but wanted a ship with more to do. After going on this ship, I cannot see us going much smaller, but may try a freedom class, since it still has some of the amenities, and can sail to better ports.*

The shows were incredible. Mama Mia was my favorite (and surprisingly my teenage sons as well). The dive was incredible and Blue planet was good. Ice games was okay.*

For dining, we planned on doing the WJ many times, but were not impressed the first couple of times, so never went back other than to fill our pop cups a few times in the evening. The MDR was decent (not something to write home about, but we always found something to eat, and never went hungry). The biggest let down overall was the desserts - liked the creme brulee, but otherwise, the others were lackluster at best. Probably good, or we would have gained even more weight.

Service - We had incredible service everywhere we went. The only exception was dinner on lobster night, but we chalked that up to all the extra people in the mdr. I wish they had more people manning the next cruise desk, as we might have done some, but every day was booked solid, which seems short sighted imo. The Cruise Director - jimmy is incredible.*

The biggest complaint we had overall, is there was so much to do in the evenings, there were typically 3-4 things going on that we would have like to take part in, but couldn't do them all. The on-air club is very good, but was often over crowded without enough chairs to go around. During the day, there was much less that appealed to us, as we were just not into the things around the pool for most part.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the review. We are due to sail shortly on Allure. Appreciate all the info.

Have fun, it was an incredible ship (save for the few gripes we had). Spoiled us and makes us probably not want to do a small ship ever again, as there is just not that much to do.