Haven access for other family members

ssremodel

Normally when you go to a free restaurant, they swipe one card. When I had suits perks on the Pearl, they would swipe everyone’s card to make sure we were the people who’d paid for the suite and not others borrowing the key cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of finagling going on. Kids are involved. I hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Haven’t booked anything yet. Might have to try a different cruise line, but that particular date and itinerary worked. I could either forget the suite or get it and only use the perks now and then for the two adults. They’re teenagers and they’ll want to do things on their own anyway. I thought I would ask in this forum because there’s a lot of smart cruisers here who know how everything works and have given me more reliable advice than the reps on the phone. I’ve only been on NCL once so have no experience with the Haven and it’s quirks.

The H6 balcony doesn't connect to the balcony of the connecting stateroom. Only certain H6s have a connecting stateroom.

Oops, did not know this. I know they are not connecting rooms, meaning no door inside, but I assumed you could connect the balconies. Thanks for that info!

...but I assumed you could connect the balconies. Thanks for that info!

Even if the balconies are side by side, NCL policy is that the balcony dividers are to remain in place.

There are some stewards who will open them with the expectation of a tip but the dividers serve a fire safety purpose and are supposed to remain as dividers. They can open but they aren't meant to be opened for passenger enjoyment.

Yes, thank you! They said they would do a key swap once onboard. I offered to book everyone in the Haven aft penthouse plus also pay for the balcony next to it but they won’t let me do a ghost booking. I’m definitely not asking for anything special. I’m willing to pay, but the way it’s set up isn’t an option unless we all stay forward. And well, you should see my face turn green when in the front theaters :')

You could always use other family names to book the cabin next door and have them no show??? Although if they were no shows, NCL would probably open up the cabin and someone else could move in (upgrade on board).

Oops, did not know this. I know they are not connecting rooms, meaning no door inside, but I assumed you could connect the balconies. Thanks for that info!

Actually the suites on decks 9, 10,12 and 13 do have connecting doors to the balcony cabin. Sounds like you might be looking at decks 11 or 14, where the balcony is next to the bedroom. Also on 11 and 14, the bedrooms also have a door out onto the balcony, so you can go out even with people sleeping in the living area.

Wow. I have a headache.

Lets make this short sweet to the point. If you trust the reps on the phone then roll the dice however, I would not they don't have a great track record. Understand your situation will either be a give (more money to NCL) or a take ( save more money). Give more money get the 2 bedroom sacrifice a little balcony space everything works out great. The take save some money get 2 mini suites and ajoin them. Either way I think the ball is in your court at this point and what you are pretty much asking is for NCL to promise you everything will be OK with the room you have now and the children will have access I personally doubt NCL will give you that kind of assurance.

Either way let us know what route you go I'm already invested to this thread that's 5 pages long. But most of all just enjoy the cruise.

Thanks! Haven’t booked anything yet. Might have to try a different cruise line, but that particular date and itinerary worked. I could either forget the suite or get it and only use the perks now and then for the two adults. They’re teenagers and they’ll want to do things on their own anyway. I thought I would ask in this forum because there’s a lot of smart cruisers here who know how everything works and have given me more reliable advice than the reps on the phone. I’ve only been on NCL once so have no experience with the Haven and it’s quirks.

I know you have your heart set on the big aft. Maybe you could look at the forward corner staterooms on the away class of ships directly in Haven, the OS, where the adjoining is also a Haven category on the port or the starboard side.

Why did I lose you and why are you rolling your eyes?? I honestly don’t like bullies or people who are condescending, so don’t go there because I’ll be happy to go back and forth with you all day. :mad: The reason I feel that all four of us should have access is because if I only got the penthouse suite and put all 4 of us on there, then we would all have the perks. I’m actually choosing to spend more money and get a the balcony next to it. It’s not my choice that the cabin next to it isn’t Haven eligible. If it was I’d pay for it.

I would contact the concierge desk at NCL and explain what you said above. They may be able to work it out for you since you could put all 4 in your Haven room and all have the perks.