Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I'm just catching up on the show and I had to look twice when Alyssa came on. What the heck? The hair? The Princess Leia weirdo outfit? And is she pregnant again? I've noticed the last few weeks her outfits have been very.... tent like. Yikes. Can't even comment on who won, cuz I'm not that far into the show.. Sheesh. Emily's models hair is bad too.:eek:

I thought the same thing too! Who ever chose what Alyssa should walk in wearing should have been shot! She is not tall and her hair and clothing swallowed her up with only her face recognizable!!! WTH?!?!:eek:

Ken's dress was cool, but it seems the designers are getting away with a lot this season. He had no hem and other finishing touches were undone.

It's telling that the scores put Sam in the bottom two. Alyssa and Georgina were negatives and I'm thinking Boy George scored the dress lowish before the story telling. (I guess that's when the scores are given? Prior to story time?)

Sam could sent his model out wrapped in a beach towel and it would be Isaac's favorite look. ("So chic!")

Thought Dom's look was fantastic. But probably more haute couture than avant garde.

Would wear a slightly toned down version of Emily's outfit.

Ken's dress was cool, but it seems the designers are getting away with a lot this season. He had no hem and other finishing touches were undone.

It's telling that the scores put Sam in the bottom two. Alyssa and Georgina were negatives and I'm thinking Boy George scored the dress lowish before the story telling. (I guess that's when the scores are given? Prior to story time?)

Sam could sent his model out wrapped in a beach towel and it would be Isaac's favorite look. ("So chic!")

Thought Dom's look was fantastic. But probably more haute couture than avant garde.

Would wear a slightly toned down version of Emily's outfit.

They can't inspect them because it'll show Sam's shoddy construction!

Yes, Dom's dress was beautiful. I would absolutely wear that! The cape was magical, ethereal and the construction superb; yet it was not avant garde. Neither is a KITE, Isaac!!!

When I saw the show was longer than usual, I knew there would be some added on competition.

Ken was on his best behavior this episode. Positively charming.

My favorite outfit was what Zanna wore for her workroom visit. Loved everything about it and I never like prints or plaids. Somehow that one worked.

Which explains why I wasn't personally a fan of anything on the runway but agreed with the judge's takes.

BTW, I heard the prize was "an opportunity to design a print for a case" not "we'll use this design for a case." The former was stated twice but the judges acted like it as the latter.

Hooray for Dom!

But I thought all three collections were really great -- for different reasons (just like the make-up lady said).

Obviously, Ken's was the most wearable. Lots of nice cruise wear options there. Dom's was most on point for the challenge and innovative. Kini's was exuberant. Lots to love in all three.

My favorite thing -- no last minute panics. These three had their acts together. How often does that happen?

Plus, incredible work in four days.

And, I always smile when I see Chris March.

Loved the final runway and I'm very happy with Dom's win. She just has an exuberance that I love and her designs reflect it so well. I'd wear just about all her pieces.

Ken's line was lovely, but I agree with his placing third. Love the white pantsuit and would wear it in a heartbeat!

Kini's stayed true to himself and really let go! The shiny plaids just weren't my cup of tea though.

And...very happy to admit my prediction of special snowflake (whose name I have conveniently blocked out) winning was wrong, wrong, wrong!

SeaBunny--I checked out your book review blog- and so agree with you about latest John Irving! Can't wait to read some more and get a few suggestions.

Edited by sunpsyche
Inserted word

I snoozed through the last several shows. icon_redface.gif

I'm pretty sure that Miriam and Dorothy (from "Avenue of Mysteries") post here on Cruise Critic!

The best thing John Irving ever wrote, which is recurrent in several of his novels, is that you should read Graham Greene.

Appreciate the compliment from sunpsyche.

And, too funny about Miriam and Dorothy!

Ashamed to say I have only seen Graham Greene-based films. Am saving up episodes of "The Night Manager" right now. Maybe I should take him on our next cruise? I was planning a John Updike "Rabbit" marathon. But...

The first thing I do after picking a cruise is pick out the books to take -- read 'em and leave 'em is my policy when traveling, so usually used paperbacks.

I snoozed through the last several shows. icon_redface.gif

I'm pretty sure that Miriam and Dorothy (from "Avenue of Mysteries") post here on Cruise Critic.

Hilarious :p

Now if Garp posted here, I would be excited!

Appreciate the compliment from sunpsyche.

Ashamed to say I have only seen Graham Greene-based films. Am saving up episodes of "The Night Manager" right now. Maybe I should take him on our next cruise? I was planning a John Updike "Rabbit" marathon. But...

Embarrassed. It's John Le Carre. duh

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the episodes I missed while cruising. I was flabbergasted to see Sam get by (or even praised) for one jumpsuit after another. I couldn't find one thing I liked about the "make-over" outfit with the bodice in the back.

I was pleased with Dom's win although both Kini and Ken had some outfits I really liked.

Guess we have a couple of months before the new season of PR starts.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with the judges on who was sent home. As to the winner, not so much. My favorite outfit was not even in the top three (actually, it was in the bottom three).

Interesting group of designers. Did not get much of a feel for a number of the ladies. There outfits were ok and and they didn't say a whole lot.

I have to say I have missed PR (I don't care for the All Stars as much).

In the preshow I didn't even recognize Sean Kelly until he spoke. Seth Aaron looked the same and Mondo had different facial hair.

I was pretty impressed with the seeming quality of the work in general on this first runway show. Seemed better -- less amateurish -- than I remember from some past seasons. Liked the yellow dress, but definitely not a fan of the yeti costume which came in second. Guess that's why they're in fashion and I'm not!! :)

Just slightly off topic...

If you haven't seen Nina Garcia's Emmy dress, check it out.

http://www.eonline.com/news/795746/emmys-2016-trend-alert-the-new-way-to-wear-florals-according-to-celebs

JMHO but the dress is awful and she looks like she got out of bed and threw it on. You'd think Nina could do better!