Project Runway?

BlueHerons

you really stood there to hear it go down the shoot???? LOL!

Uhmmmm, yeah.

As much as I'm aware of fashion, design, and color...

I'm still a hetero surfer guy.

Born in the realms of Malibu and LA, where every house is a sprawling one story at best, and maybe someone or an apartment building has two to three stories at most.

No trash chutes. You just have to take your trash out to the back, or down the stairs at most.

Then you move me to Manhattan, on the 11th floor, with a trash chute!?!?

I was in "tool time" heaven.

Just to share TMI, me and my roommate actually started separated the trash according to how good or how much sound it could make going down the garbage chute!

Pizza boxes and paper towels "float".

Empty food cans, and even better, empty glass bottles make the best sound ever!

Urr, urr, urr!

Can you hear it crashing down 11 stories of garbage chute right now!?!?

Sorry, the difference between boys and girls I suppose.

This is all cracking me up, because I never even thought about it at the time, but now - I'm already thinking of inventive trash combinations that could make great noise going down the chute!

Shoot? Shute? Chute?

;):D

Sorry, the difference between boys and girls I suppose.

Curt, we still LURV you anyways!! Even though you just shot down my idea of wearing a big purple pincushion to the event of the year!

Wait...

Who is Robert!?!?

Wasn't he the one you liked from last season?:p

oops, my bad.

note to self: don't post on CC board after a Girls Night Out with raucus Dallas pal. :D

Oh no Jane!

Catch up girl! You need to check the other thread for dress ideas, jewelry, shoes, etc.

lost that thread. which one is it???

There is no way no how, that Desperate Heather is wearing a copy of THAT to the event of the year!:eek:;):D

I KNOW silly. I was being totally sarcastic! Guess you didn't see my eyes roll! <wink>

I liked a lot of the clothes from this challenge. I loved Leanne's two piece. She should have won. The problem I had with Kenley's was although adorable, pretty much would look best on a child.

Personally I could so go for Korto's pant suit with some dash of color.

I liked a lot of the clothes from this challenge. I loved Leanne's two piece. She should have won. The problem I had with Kenley's was although adorable, pretty much would look best on a child.

Personally I could so go for Korto's pant suit with some dash of color.

Color? This is NY, we've got three colors here...black, black and then black. LOL!

kidding....just kidding!

Color? This is NY, we've got three colors here...black, black and then black. LOL!

kidding....just kidding!

Jane

Black is something you can not go wrong with. Although some of the designers try hard to make it not work.:D

Will be interesting to see the differences when the show moves to CA, probably will not be able to catch it. Lifetime is set up badly for the west coast dish people. They also do not rerun like BRAVO. The channel is not even in HD.

Ula,

I didn't realize that the show was moving to LA. Why is that? Maybe they want to be closer to Curt, so he can be right on the runway to take those photo's for us personally! :D

Well, I'm a TiVo addict, I never watch anything the exact time it's on, so it doesn't matter to me when it will be aired.

Jane, Curt would have better info, that is just what I have read on the move. Tivo does not work with our system. So sad, we loved it.

Honestly in my years I always thought New York was fashion. Los Angeles not so much. My personal fashion icon is Audrey Hepburn. She always looked good and dressed well.

Jane, Curt would have better info, that is just what I have read on the move. Tivo does not work with our system. So sad, we loved it.

Honestly in my years I always thought New York was fashion. Los Angeles not so much.

It still is. LA is def not a fashion capital.

My personal fashion icon is Audrey Hepburn. She always looked good and dressed well.

Well, when you're one of the most gorgeous women in the universe and have one of the most famous fashion designers personally creating your wardrobe, how can one not become a fashion icon? ;)

OT: I always get a chuckle when I read post here that says "looks don't matter" and then that person will jump into a discussion about how they lurved a particular "icon" - Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn - when they don't know anything about them, other than they looked good! :D :D :D

not referring to you or anyone specifically, just a general observation. :)

did you say you were wearing a copy of it to "the" wedding?

OMG!!

For a second there, you almost gave me a heart attack!!

I totally thought you were serious...then I realized.:D

You scurred me!!

Heather, don't you teach your children to "use your words", apparently, no one ever taught that skill to these two knuckleheads.

I hear ya!!

My kids are all on summer break right now and my middle one is occasionally using words improperly.( Grammatically speaking)

When I correct her immediately, she teases and says "I am on summer vacation , mom"

I remind her ( strongly) that we are NEVER on a vacation from speaking properly...ever!;)

I didn't realize that the show was moving to LA. Why is that? Maybe they want to be closer to Curt, so he can be right on the runway to take those photo's for us personally!

LOL...

Wouldn't he LURV that!?

But in all seriousness, I did not know that either!!

CJW has never even mentioned that!!!

We need more info please!!

Just to share TMI, me and my roommate actually started separated the trash according to how good or how much sound it could make going down the garbage chute!

Pizza boxes and paper towels "float".

Empty food cans, and even better, empty glass bottles make the best sound ever!

Urr, urr, urr!

Can you hear it crashing down 11 stories of garbage chute right now!?!?

I can literally see you standing there..listening to the trash.

As it lands, you give a little "Squeee" and are on your way...

OT: I always get a chuckle when I read post here that says "looks don't matter" and then that person will jump into a discussion about how they lurved a particular "icon" - Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn - when they don't know anything about them, other than they looked good! :D :D :D

not referring to you or anyone specifically, just a general observation. :)

Well Jane, it is like this, some people can love a style but have no sense of fashion. I am one of those.

I do enjoy watching PR. Tim makes that show.

I love the show, don't always like everything the designers make but the show is very entertaining.

Julie

Hi Julie:) I think there are many folks who feel as you do~

including me. Like everything they make? No way:eek: I probably

dislike more of the stuff than like it...and that is fine too.

I watch it for entertainment as well. Personally, I don't

think the creators of the show care whether Joe Q Public

likes the designs themselves....its all about TV RATINGS.

Of course it is a business and the designers want to win

but TV....Reality or Regular is all about the ratings.

Think back over the years...the soaps that stayed on for

years and years...DALLAS, Dynasty, etc......they ran their

course but eventually they lost in the ratings and were

cancelled.

Ooops, didn't mean to go off on a tangent;)

Just agreeing with you though, there are many outfits

I don't like, but I still watch the show:)

OMG!!

For a second there, you almost gave me a heart attack!!

I totally thought you were serious...then I realized.:D

You scurred me!!

MOI????? :D

I hear ya!!

My kids are all on summer break right now and my middle one is occasionally using words improperly.( Grammatically speaking)

When I correct her immediately, she teases and says "I am on summer vacation , mom"

I remind her ( strongly) that we are NEVER on a vacation from speaking properly...ever!;)

Good for you!

I have a girlfriend - a very intelligent lawyer - who thinks she's cute when she speaks using double negatives. ie, "I don't want no wine". It's like chalk on a blackboard. Well, she has a 4 year old and continues to do this. *She* knows she's being sarcastic, but the 4 yo does not and I've noticed the little girl now doing it too.

Nothing like giving your kids a disadvantage in life! Duh!:(

I can literally see you standing there..listening to the trash

As it lands, you give a little "Squeee" and are on your way...

Nah...you don't hear the bottom "thunk" from 11 floors up!

MOI????? :D

Good for you!

I have a girlfriend - a very intelligent lawyer - who thinks she's cute when she speaks using double negatives. ie, "I don't want no wine". It's like chalk on a blackboard. Well, she has a 4 year old and continues to do this. *She* knows she's being sarcastic, but the 4 yo does not and I've noticed the little girl now doing it too.

Nothing like giving your kids a disadvantage in life! Duh!:(

Nah...you don't hear the bottom "thunk" from 11 floors up!

Jane, I recall back to when I was little.....I was not allowed

to even say "yea" when asked a question....(although I did it

sometimes anyway). My Mom would say, "I didn't know yea

was a word"...it is YES or No.

Double negatives? Oh.....that even drives me a bit nuts too:eek:

Jane, I recall back to when I was little.....I was not allowed

to even say "yea" when asked a question....(although I did it

sometimes anyway). My Mom would say, "I didn't know yea

was a word"...it is YES or No.

Double negatives? Oh.....that even drives me a bit nuts too:eek:

Lois, my mother did the same thing. After we started school, if the grammatical errors continued, we got fined!!:eek: We learned extremely quickly not to use double negatives.

Since I'm West Coasting, and won't get to see it even until 11 PM my time tonight - I'll answer a previous question.

Regarding the LA thing...

That is only temporary for the upcoming season. Remember this year, when it switches to Lifetime that it is unexpectedly 6 months earlier (so almost immediately after this one).

Heidi had already contracted and committed to some schedules in LA during that time, before the decision for Lifetime to do another season immediately.

So, in order for her to keep her other contractual obligations and still do PR for the 6th season, part of the season will take place in LA.

If the rumors are true, and it ends up being an All-Star Season, then it would also make sense - just because all of those designers have already competed in NYC.

So, it would at least give a different setting and some new challenges for all of the designers.

Since all of the designers would have been people we have seen before, by adding the totally new city and background - it gives the viewers an additional "newness" that they wouldn't get otherwise.

Season 7 is supposed to go right back to Manhattan, so don't fear about that my friends!:D

Won't say any more for my friends on the West Coast who haven't seen the episode yet. It is becoming really obvious who the whiny ones are, who complain "This isn't MY design aesthetic" etc. etc. Well, guess what? That's why they call it a CHALLENGE! :D

Kellie

Hi, thought it was a good show last night:)

And I agreed with the winner...although, I thought it could

have been a choice of 2 or 3....Both gals and Joe.

Let me ask a question...what is with Daniel?:eek: a cocktail

dress?:rolleyes:

Lois, my mother did the same thing. After we started school, if the grammatical errors continued, we got fined!!:eek: We learned extremely quickly not to use double negatives.

Hi, I never got fined....although my Mom was a yeller when

I was growing up:eek: ...so I either got that or the question

"WHERE IS YEA LISTED IN THE DICTIONARY"?:eek:

I would've been fine with any of the top three winning. I was rooting for Joe from the beginning of this episode, but I also think Terri is due. All three of them have promise.

I am happy that Jennifer is gone...she is just plain boring. However, if she had not been in the bottom two last week, I think Daniel would've been auf'd this week. He just totally did not get this challenge at all.

Stella! Stella! I just sat there and screamed at the TV last night like Brando. What a hoot that chick is....I loved the spikes around the collar of her vest :D

Mr.Tanning guy is quite the character also.:p