Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I'm so happy to see the "regular" hosts and judges back on.

This could be an interesting season. My husband sorta watched part of the first show, when we met the contestants and heard their big talk. I told him many of the big mouthed would drop like flies.

No faves stand out for me yet, but I did think Ven should have taken the round,

It always takes a few weeks to get to know the contestants. Some of them you get to know and love, like Mondo or Christian Soriano, some of them you can never stand, like the woman who spit on fabric, the too tan guy from Seattle or the one who made it to the end after making one of the most horrid bathing suits know to mankind, can't even remember their names now. How about the guy who cried on every single episode, my daughter and I cheered when he got aufed, how mean is that? I don't normally wish ill will on people, but I think a person leaves themselves wide open for criticism going on reality shows.

I always think the big talkers are usually the ones to fall flat on their faces soon enough.

The show is definitely my guilty pleasure.

Ive worked all my life in the garment center of NY-Ive actually been in Mood quite a few times and I ahve seen the contestants in the streets of NY! I LOVE this show. I like it best when theres not so many people. I too loved the rose blouse and th pants were gorgeous if youre skinny! LOL

I watched every season except the last one.

Candy is dandy. (But liquor is quicker. -- Odgen Nash)

Approved of the win very much. However, I bet if there is a third rose in his outfits the judges will pounce on him for it. I love how rather Zen and confident that dude is.

I would have put Dimitri's "beaded" dress in the top over Gunnar's. He made candy move. How cool is that?

Bottom three -- no problems there and no problem about the "aufed" person.

Even though I don't care for her looks, I am glad Buffi was saved. She's fun to watch. Bet the producers had a hand in that one.

Candy is dandy. (But liquor is quicker. -- Odgen Nash)

Approved of the win very much. However, I bet if there is a third rose in his outfits the judges will pounce on him for it. I love how rather Zen and confident that dude is.

I would have put Dimitri's "beaded" dress in the top over Gunnar's. He made candy move. How cool is that?

Bottom three -- no problems there and no problem about the "aufed" person.

Even though I don't care for her looks, I am glad Buffi was saved. She's fun to watch. Bet the producers had a hand in that one.

Couldn't agree more with you about the bottom three!

I like Ven's cool demeanor, but enjoy the drama of some of the others. Gunnar is totally obnoxious, but its kinda fun to watch all the eye rolling.

I gave the blue and white dress (can't remember designer's name) a slight edge... just because there was so much more texture with all the different sizes and shapes of candy and those sharks were just TOO CUTE! :)

SHARKS! Darn it I knew that LOL There were a few other really nice dresses surprisingly but those 2 were definitely the best! I hated the apron thing, but it was original looking and i like the woman. I was glad they sent that gal home thats always second guessing herself. I dnot think she can hack the stress! And that girl with the macaroni looking dress better get some new ideas, everything looks the same that she does. (she should have at least used a colored licorice instead of that boring macaroni color!)

But what was Heidi wearing? Snakeskin pajamas? Granted, she is a gorgeous woman, and society as a whole seems to be getting REALLY casual, however...

I, too, couldn't understand what she was wearing!! It's not like they did a bed sheet challenge!

I also loved the dress that had the swinging candy balls. Thought it should'e been in the top too. I did love the winner though, and the runner up. The gummy sharks were too cool!

Fun challenge and I'm glad Ven won, he should have won last week as well.

It's so early in the season to remember the names, but I think the dress with the gum balls swinging off the bottom should have been in the top three, with Gunnar merely safe.

There were so many hideous outfits it was hard for me to choose the worst. Too bad they only get rid of just one at a time.

Edited by Happy ks

Fun challenge and I'm glad Ven won, he should have won last week as well.

It's so early in the season to remember the names, but I think the dress with the gum balls swinging off the bottom should have been in the top three, with Gunnar merely safe.

There were so many hideous outfits it was hard for me to choose the worst. Too bad they only get rid of just one at a time.

Dimitri did the dress with motion -- former ballroom dancer (a double treat to me).

My wonderful son has hair like the obnoxious Gunner. I emailed him a pic and begged him to change it. hahaha

Totally agree about not getting rid of more than one.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a winner... and a runner!

Finally saw last week's Lexus/Emmy challenge. Thought the dress April wore should have been in the top two. Are they hiding Dimitri on purpose? But the dress Kenley wore was perfect for her and looked very nice. I suspect it looked even better in person due to the rich fabric. I think the question Heidi asked ultimately won it for those two over the other design: Would you be proud if you saw that dress at the Emmys? The other top dress would not have reflected as positively on the show.

Andrea disappears! And someone else has/will, too. The show hasn't kept any secrets about two contestants sneaking out in the middle of the night. Who do you think the other one is?

About Andrea. The clothes she wore were so much cooler than the things she designed on this show. I am usually pulling for the one more mature designer because I feel the judges are somewhat ageists, but not this time.

We have a winner... and a runner!

Finally saw last week's Lexus/Emmy challenge. Thought the dress April wore should have been in the top two. Are they hiding Dimitri on purpose? But the dress Kenley wore was perfect for her and looked very nice. I suspect it looked even better in person due to the rich fabric. I think the question Heidi asked ultimately won it for those two over the other design: Would you be proud if you saw that dress at the Emmys? The other top dress would not have reflected as positively on the show.

Andrea disappears! And someone else has/will, too. The show hasn't kept any secrets about two contestants sneaking out in the middle of the night. Who do you think the other one is?

About Andrea. The clothes she wore were so much cooler than the things she designed on this show. I am usually pulling for the one more mature designer because I feel the judges are somewhat ageists, but not this time.

I agree, the one April wore was great and totally seemed to fit her style to at T.

I agree, the one April wore was great and totally seemed to fit her style to at T.

Love PRoject Runway! I also agree Aprils dress should of been in top 2. Although I don't think I really liked any of the dresses in this challenge

It was that long silvery number out of silk charmeuse. Dimitri (man with accent) and a blonde woman whose name I can't recall.

I did love that one-it was my 2nd fave, I especially loved the short one...it fit her personality perfectly

Good-bye,Koonan. The producers were cruel to even cast you in this. Same for Buffi. When your esthetic is that far outside the box, this contest is no place for you.

I loved that designer guest judge! Felt like her remarks were much more helpful to the designers. Let's dump one of the other two regulars and have her all the time!!!

Ven disappointed me with his too-sexy dress. If it only had sleeves.

I might have given top honors to Dimitri but Sonjia's outfit was awesome, too.

On a personal level, I liked Melissa's multi-layered outfit. I would love to have seen each piece.

Really liked all of the top three.

I feared for a moment that Heidi might be channeling Wilma Flintstone. But at least she really liked the best dresses.

Buffi was a bit too "out there" for my tste - but she did make things interesting.

Was a bit disappointed with Ven this week.

Actually agreed with top & bottom three. Also, agreed with the winner...but, thought Raul should of gone home--thought the whole outfit was horrible.

I'm sure he'll go this week...

Really like Sonjiya's dress with just that peek of skin at the top near the shoulder. Sexy yet classy!

I also would have liked to have seen more of that layered jersey outfit. I really thought it was great. OH BUFFI! That was horrible. Her sewing isn't very good at all and neither is that guy that got brought back. I liked the dress with the leatherjacket as well. Can't believe they lost two contestants!:eek: