Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Yep, you are right....their fabric choice wasn't the best.

Even Elenas coat would have looked better although she really didnt sew it very well and thats the only piece she made so she had plenty of time. Ive had enough of her whining and crying. Poor Dimitri!:D

Editing to say I cracked up at "Boris and Natasha" comment from Christopher! Hes too young to know that cartoon LOL

Edited by boopsahoy

Gunnar: "I can't stand Christopher. I can't stand the sound of his voice." Whaaa? Coming from you? hahaha

Despite that, I might have given this to Gunnar simply because those were two pretty cool dresses. I'm guessing it went Sanjia because the two dresses did follow one look and her jacket was amazing.

I was glad Ven didn't do another petal thing, and then he got hit for it. Well, it's obvious he can sew like the wind since he did skirt one, skirt two, and then cut and sewed those unfortunate pants.

As to Elena being a fan favorite, maybe people are more interested in drama a la the various "Housewives of...." and could care less about the clothes?

Who the heck is styling Heidi this season? Her looks have been pretty consistently bad.

Loved Ana Sui.

Venn is definitely the most proficient and expert sewer of them all. I found it interesting that Christopher and Gunnar dont "get along: but Christopher said he should win the challenge!

Its unfortunate for Gunnar that Sanijas jacket was GORGEOUS and over shadowed his fantastic dresses.

I woprked for Anna Sui for 4+ years and she not the most easy person to work for. I got along with her pretty well but a lot of people didnt and were yelled at consistently!

I woprked for Anna Sui for 4+ years and she not the most easy person to work for. I got along with her pretty well but a lot of people didnt and were yelled at consistently!

Interesting info -- Anna came across as being so zen and was so verbal about how your emotions (and not getting along as a team) will show in your creations. Guess it's easier to talk the talk than to walk the walk....;)

I completely agreed with the winning collection -- it just all came together for them. I loved, loved, loved Sonjia's jacket!

I think the Venn/Fabio/Melissa group did pick luxe fabrics, they just didn't show very well on the runway; also the colors were just beyond boring (and not what I think of as Fall). Still, they didn't seem as bad, on the whole, as the other group.

I have to say the Gunnar surprised me with those dresses. Very nice work. Isn't he only 22?

Let me start by saying I am so happy Dimitri finally won... I loved that jacket and while his print wasn't my style I like the way he worked it into his outfit.

That being said, this feels like the most producer-manipulated episode I have ever seen. As much as I hated Ven's first and second attempts, never in the history of Project Runway has Tim Gunn ever been so biting in his critique, or invited other designers to chime in... and never has be been brought out during judging to comment on pre-correction creations by designers. It kind of defeats the purpose of having Tim give out advice if he is made to report on what was done before his critiques.

Then, what happened to Gunner..... I kind of liked his pattern and the jacket. I thought the meaning he gave to the fabric was also important yet it seemed to invite a lot of harsh commentary. I can't help feeling like it was all so, I don't know, contrived? Particularly with him going home instead of Ven, and I got the idea that Tim felt the same way as he told Gunnar how much he would miss him, another PR rarity.

Maybe I am reading to much into all of this, but while entertaining this episode just felt wrong on so many levels. Though I did enjoy seeing Mondo and Anya again... that was a treat.

I'm happy Dimitri won also but I did like Sanijias out fit a lot. Don't know what

happened to Gunnar,his dresses last week were so good but this weeks jacket was just plain ugly cheap and matronly. I do like Venns work but it WAS a print challenge and his was very plain. He should have done something like a pleated skirt in the print and one of his pretty blouses in like a solid pink or black.

I didn't like that they brought in Tim Gunn, felt that was wrong!

I'm happy Dimitri won also but I did like Sanijias out fit a lot. Don't know what

happened to Gunnar,his dresses last week were so good but this weeks jacket was just plain ugly cheap and matronly. I do like Venns work but it WAS a print challenge and his was very plain. He should have done something like a pleated skirt in the print and one of his pretty blouses in like a solid pink or black.

I didn't like that they brought in Tim Gunn, felt that was wrong!

Ironically, I felt that the judges were bullying him a little.

His outfit wasn't high fashion, but being part of the "equestrian" crowd, it is similar to outfits I frequently see and like! :)

Ironically, I felt that the judges were bullying him a little.

His outfit wasn't high fashion, but being part of the "equestrian" crowd, it is similar to outfits I frequently see and like! :)

I thought it should have been more fitted to really look equestrian and it should have had pants jmho

I thought for sure Ven was going when he did that dang flower again. Argh! I suspect it comes down to his sewing/tailoring/etc. abilities that kept him around. However, I am glad he stayed as Gunnar has had far more misses than hits all along.

Finally, Dimtry gets his due. Despite what Mondo was saying about it being a print challenge, I felt the print and the jacket "spoke" to each other in a very cool way.

I feel Dimtry and Sonjia I are safe bets for Fashion Week.

I did think most of the prints were pretty ugh. And it seemed like the fabric they came on was hard to work with.

While Gunnar's story behind the print was nice, I didn't particularly like the print and even more, I didn't like what he made with it. I think, at 22, his range is still a little limited and I think the judges are right to send him home over Venn -- not that I think Venn is going to win, at this point.

I liked the cleverness of Dmitri's outfit, and I thought the print did look very Russian -- sort of like that art they do with the eggs (can't think of the name of it). As Heidi said, it looked very expensive. But honestly, I would've bought Sonjia's outfit in a heartbeat -- loved both the top and the pants.

It did seem like the prints came on a rather stiff cotton fabric that wasn't easy to drape (hence Christopher's problems).

OH -- I looked it up and here's a picture of that traditional egg art, apparently called pysanky -- doesn't it look like Dmitri's print?

http://www.ukrainianegg.com/pics/zpost15.jpg

While Gunnar's story behind the print was nice, I didn't particularly like the print and even more, I didn't like what he made with it. I think, at 22, his range is still a little limited and I think the judges are right to send him home over Venn -- not that I think Venn is going to win, at this point.

I liked the cleverness of Dmitri's outfit, and I thought the print did look very Russian -- sort of like that art they do with the eggs (can't think of the name of it). As Heidi said, it looked very expensive. But honestly, I would've bought Sonjia's outfit in a heartbeat -- loved both the top and the pants.

It did seem like the prints came on a rather stiff cotton fabric that wasn't easy to drape (hence Christopher's problems).

OH -- I looked it up and here's a picture of that traditional egg art, apparently called pysanky -- doesn't it look like Dmitri's print?

Totally looks like it! Great call!

Hi Ginny - Have missed you on our Roll Call for Star Princess next year. Are you still with us? We have a Waiting List for an excursion you are booked on, so please come by and let us know if you are still with us. Hope to see you there - and on the excursion too! :)

Yes, the print does look like that!

I loved Sonja's outfit the best, but, could never wear it..lol...but, I liked it. Dmitrys was also very nice & looked so well made--plus, probably could be worn by more body/age groups. Liked Melissa's and Sonjis prints the best.

Vens garments are very well constructed...they just seem the same & I find them kind of boring---just probably my taste. I did not like Gunnar's print, but, liked his outfit better then Vens.

Hi Ginny - Have missed you on our Roll Call for Star Princess next year. Are you still with us? We have a Waiting List for an excursion you are booked on, so please come by and let us know if you are still with us. Hope to see you there - and on the excursion too! :)

Hi Bucky,

Yes, as I mentioned I have a few short vacations during the remainder of this year, then I will focus more on the Star sailing. Thanks for asking. :)

Hi Bucky,

Yes, as I mentioned I have a few short vacations during the remainder of this year, then I will focus more on the Star sailing. Thanks for asking. :)

I must have missed your post. Sorry about that, but glad to know you'll be with us!

Edited by Bucky3

I agree, it's very strange that Ven doesn't go. He makes the same type of dresses and this past week's was awful. Not sure why they want him there...nothing has really ever stood out to me. I actually like Melissa's dress this week. Dmitry deserved it though, the pattern on the jacket was very interesting!

I agree, it's very strange that Ven doesn't go. He makes the same type of dresses and this past week's was awful. Not sure why they want him there...nothing has really ever stood out to me. I actually like Melissa's dress this week. Dmitry deserved it though, the pattern on the jacket was very interesting!

This week I had 3 winners-Dmitri, Sanijia, and Melissa. I thought both Melissa and Dimitri stepped out of their comfort zones, especially Melissa, and did great things. Sanijias pants and top were perfection as well.

I think Venn needs a martini-he gets so uptight. He should try to let loose one challenge. He is very talented with draping and fit but needs to be more expressive in his outfits.

I think Venn needs a martini-he gets so uptight. He should try to let loose one challenge. He is very talented with draping and fit but needs to be more expressive in his outfits.

Hahaha! I LOVE that!

I find him enigmatic. Is he one of those "spoiled prince" types? Extremely shy? Very Buddhist? A total snob? The producers certainly aren't keeping him around for good TV. In a room full of Ven types you would hear the crickets chirp for sure.

Well I missed the first 1/2hr...darn dvr! I LOVED Dmitri and Christophers outfits. Im not sure who I would pick to win. I think they will both go to the end. Is it my imagination or does Heidi have a soft spot for Christopher?:)

If you are reading this and didnt watch STOP NOW!:D:D:D

I really thiink Sanijias was the worst of them. I think Venns was boring but at least you could dance in his and it would swirl. So Venn is gone and we are down to the nitty gtitty. My vote is either Christopher or Dmitri.:D

When the game gets to this point, it's always surprising in what order they fall. You can tell the ones who are slip sliding away, it surprised me that Venn went before Sanjia (sp) out the door. That little feather skirt got nothing but negatives, there was no way to save it. I though Venn could have salvaged his with a little more detail added.

Kind of funny that the only thing that really saved Natasha (not really her name, but I keep thinking Boris and Natasha ;)), OK, Elena was her over use of sparkly bits. It did look like a costume, a bad ice skating costume.

For the finals I'd not be surprised to see Christopher, Dmitri and ??? That third spot I would have thought Venn a couple weeks back, he fell from grace rather fast.

Ugh, I thought Elena's was atrocious and if it were me, she'd have gone home over Ven. But I know in the past the judges have often kept someone on who is "interesting" with a not-so-good design versus someone they see as "boring" -- and clearly Ven had fallen into that category.

Boopsahoy -- it's funny that you said a week ago that Ven needed a martini to loosen up. Apparently he just needed a few glasses of wine....:D

I thought Dmitri's outfit was probably the better overall outfit for a Rockette to wear (the shine, the movement, the color), but I have to hand it to Christopher, he had a winning idea and he sold the heck out of it.

I think the final 3 will likely be Dmitri, Christopher, and Melissa.