Project Runway?

BlueHerons

i saw that show also. i was very impressed with what he is doing with himself. i always loved christian and the show let me know that he is really putting his win too good use. he is actually doing designing, running his own business now and putting on shows with his winnings. he is also a spokesperson for a item (but i forget what it is). good for him. i think cloe is doing well also in her shop in texas. you have given me a project now too check out the other winners and see what they are up too. you dont hear much about them exept at the beginning of the new season of the runway shows. austin and sabastian ( non winners ) didnt last too long on their show of going too peoples homes and designing things for indiviuals. it was ok for a few shows then i got tired of it and i havnt seen it on for a long time. thanks for the new idea too do some checking on the winners :).

Anyone know the name of the show I would like to try and find somewhere Love Christian!

Any thoughts on the new judges? Mentor? Host? Designer line up?

I am happy to see new judges. But I miss Tim (not that the Marie Claire lady seems bad).

Rami and Mondo both off to a strong start. But how can I act surprised?

Did it start again? My Tivo didn't pick it up! Is it still called Proj Runway?

Any thoughts on the new judges? Mentor? Host? Designer line up?

I am happy to see new judges. But I miss Tim (not that the Marie Claire lady seems bad).

Rami and Mondo both off to a strong start. But how can I act surprised?

I miss Tim also and had to laugh when Marie Claire lady said "I'm very excited about this" in the most dry deadpan voice :)

The host seems a bit flat also but that might just be due to not knowing her yet. I am sure they can both grow on me with time. If not, the designers will have to be the true stars in this series and I am hoping they can carry the show without Tim, Heidi and the usual company. I don't remember there being a new host, mentor and judges with the last all-stars. :confused:

I agree Mondo and Rami were strong, as was Jerrell. It will be interesting seeing who clashes personality-wise, though Mila seems to be spoiling for a fight with her initial "I'm the best one here" attitude.

The judges seem a lot kinder, no biting remarks until they spoke in private... and it is strange not having Heidi's "auf" at the end.

Did it start again? My Tivo didn't pick it up! Is it still called Proj Runway?

It is called "Project Runway All-Stars"... I had to set my DVR to record it as a different series, the regular PR series setting would not have picked it up.

I believe they usually rerun the previous episode at 8pm Thursday, right before the new episode.

I watched it last night on "On Demand". It was listed as Runway All Stars instead of Project Runway, I almost missed it.

I thought for sure Sweet P would be sent packing, her dress was atrocious, she can do so much better than that. But I always liked her, so I'm glad for the save. Elisa is just too far out in her own planet for me. When asked about spitting on her dresses, she said she only used her tongue and "blessed" them??? And that her clients loved that she did that for them? Come on, if someone is going to make me a garment I certainly don't want them spitting or licking it. So...buh-bye Ellisa.

It was an interesting mix. The only contestant I don't really know is Kara, maybe I never watched the season she was on. I thought she was in the first and I remember Austin, why don't I remember her?

I love seeing Rami and Mondo and Anthony again. Some of the others I can see going out quickly, like Michael and April, Sweet P and Gordana. The fun part, to me, is to see who comes to the show with finished, stylish and a modern take on fashion, not just who comes with the same old dress we've seen a bunch of times before.

Jerrell...I don't remember him very well at all, but I didn't find his dress all that inspiring given the challenge. Just like Sweet P, he took a "fabric" and made a dress. It was pretty, but not in the spirit of the challenge, merely sewed together scarves. Then again, Rami took laundry bags, but his execution was fabulous, the structure was amazing. Mondo was just slightly edged out of first place...there's always next week :)

The only contestant I don't really know is Kara, maybe I never watched the season she was on. I thought she was in the first and I remember Austin, why don't I remember her?

Kara was season two and sparred a bit with Santino.....in fact he made a jumpsuit for her to wear in one of the later challenges and it was the first time something went onto the runway unfinished. Yet he still wasn't sent home which created some controversy IIRC; one of my favorite designers Nick Varreos did go home instead.

Kara was season two and sparred a bit with Santino.....in fact he made a jumpsuit for her to wear in one of the later challenges and it was the first time something went onto the runway unfinished. Yet he still wasn't sent home which created some controversy IIRC; one of my favorite designers Nick Varreos did go home instead.

Nick made one of my all time favorite outfits -- inspired by gutter water. His gown was simple yet stunning.

I'm actually pulling for Gordana. She has no personality but I really liked most of the things she made before (except for the two costumes) and I hated the way Heidi treated her. It was a big controversy when she was auf'd right before the finals. I remember Curt Jerome Wild posted a lot of her looks all together and they were quite nice -- an actual mini collection.

Sure miss his comments.

Nick made one of my all time favorite outfits -- inspired by gutter water. His gown was simple yet stunning.

I'm actually pulling for Gordana. She has no personality but I really liked most of the things she made before (except for the two costumes) and I hated the way Heidi treated her. It was a big controversy when she was auf'd right before the finals. I remember Curt Jerome Wild posted a lot of her looks all together and they were quite nice -- an actual mini collection.

Sure miss his comments.

I remember that and I liked her designs also.... in fact, I think the winner of that season may have actually once worked for Gordana in her store. I seem to remember her approaching Gordana and reminding her in the first episode of the season.

Sure miss his comments.

hi seabunny. i have season 2 and 3 on dvd. it was aundray who made the gown that looked like dirty water. i loved it but daniel won when he did a gown from a picture of flowers from micheal khors lobby. i never did like santino. he was arragent, rude too the judges and mean too the other contestants. his outfit for cara was so ugly and the sleeve was falling off but they still sent nick home instead. i almost quit watching the show when the judges kept santino on after that. in the early challenges his fashions were so outrages i thought he should have been sent home withing 3 weeks. i guess he kept people watching the show too see what rediculous thing he would do next. im glad chloe won. but daniel was good too. i cant get the show now and miss it so much. please keep me posted will you :)

OK, I remember Santino gluing a jumpsuit together, I didn't realize that it was Kara. I was irritated he didn't get sent hone, kind of like when Emilio Sosa made that horrid cheesy bikini with washers and didn't get kicked off ( I was do happy he didn't win the season)

Weird how we get so wrapped up in personalities!

OK, I remember Santino gluing a jumpsuit together, I didn't realize that it was Kara. I was irritated he didn't get sent hone, kind of like when Emilio Sosa made that horrid cheesy bikini with washers and didn't get kicked off ( I was do happy he didn't win the season)

Weird how we get so wrapped up in personalities!

your right about the personalities. i think it is the ratings for the week that keeps some of them on too. in season 3 i thought uli was going too be the sure winner after what she put down the final runway in the tent. her pieces where much better than jefferies. but i am just a viewer setting at home and not a judge there so i suppose they see things in the outfits we dont. i dont know how micheal kohrs see's anything since he wears sunglasses for each tent runway show. this season will be a good one though with all the designers who are there. im not sure about the judges. i will miss tim and the rest of the gang.

your right about the personalities. i think it is the ratings for the week that keeps some of them on too. in season 3 i thought uli was going too be the sure winner after what she put down the final runway in the tent. her pieces where much better than jefferies. but i am just a viewer setting at home and not a judge there so i suppose they see things in the outfits we dont. i dont know how micheal kohrs see's anything since he wears sunglasses for each tent runway show. this season will be a good one though with all the designers who are there. im not sure about the judges. i will miss tim and the rest of the gang.

If you read the credits at the end of the show, there is a blurb about the producers helping to determine the outcome of the show. So personality unfortunately has a lot to do with who leaves or stays. If it were based on talent only I think several people would not have lasted so far into previous seasons.

If you read the credits at the end of the show, there is a blurb about the producers helping to determine the outcome of the show. So personality unfortunately has a lot to do with who leaves or stays. If it were based on talent only I think several people would not have lasted so far into previous seasons.

It's like every other TV show out there, they just do whats best for their ratings, hopefully the really talented people that have been on there make it in the real world !!!

i just watched bits and pieces of the new project runway all stars on my laptop and was not very impressed with the judges. it will be awhile before i can get used too hiedi, micheal, nina and tim not being on the show. i thought raumi did make a great dress though. and i wasnt surprised at the loser. on her season she is the one who used too spit on the material too mark it, yuckkk. it will be interesting too see how kendra acts this year. if we are lucky she will not be as nasty as she was before. i dont have satallite now and cant watch the show each week and i am really going too miss it. so lets keep each other posted on it ok. :)

Gowns for the opera!

Do people really ball gown it up for the MET? Down here in Memphis, it's just normal clothes (granted, it's not the MET, but still). I know NYC is supposed to be a little dressier overall (though I've never seen it), but still.

No arguments with the decisions. I am happy to have this new group of judges. But I've had a soft spot for Mizrahi since "Unzipped."

Thanks for that link. I went through it and wish some of the contestants, like Rami, had their finished dress actually look like the sketches.

I liked Mondo's dress, but was not crazy for the train, but I like Mondo and hope he and Rami go to the end. I'm just not a fan of uneven hems, or long and short together. Reminds me of my least favorite haircut, the mullett. I cut hair for 15 years and could not wait for mulletts or bowl cuts on little boys to lose favor...it took a long time. Or the little tails people used to leave at the back of their heads, do they really think that looked good? There is always a weird haircut that tends to draw fans that is just not real clever, like the fauxhawk of today, looks like someone sat nekkid on their head and stood up, leaving behind the hair smooshed together from the bu**crack and sticking up. But enough about my opinions of haircuts :p

I remember the first time I ever saw a dress similar to what Mondo made, it was Demi Moore, I think it was shorts with a train, butt ugly. She got onto the worst dressed list of all time (in my opinion). I found it! Here it is:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Demi+Moore+worst+dressed+list&view=detail&id=A255829B533D1D7AC9E68DAD83C9258344D102A3&first=31&FORM=IDFRIR

Such a shame that Sweet P just wasn't up to the All Stars, I really like her. I can see where some of the others are going to be falling by the wayside soon.

I really didn't think Austin was deserving of the win, I liked Gordana's dress the best. I watched his summer season show with what's-his-name a couple years back and they always looked (to me) rejected Macy's prom dresses. I think I'm too hung up on classic and sophisticated.

Edited by Happy ks

There is always a weird haircut that tends to draw fans that is just not real clever, like the fauxhawk of today, looks like someone sat nekkid on their head and stood up, leaving behind the hair smooshed together from the bu**crack and sticking up. But enough about my opinions of haircuts :p.

Best description of a fauxhawk ever! When we first saw one (on a TV reality/game show), we called it the tsunami as it sorta looked like a wave (this was before those devastating tsunamis hit; our name was inspired by an old routine on the "Hey Vern It's Ernest' kid's show). We thought they were hysterically funny. And were totally shocked when they caught on.

Looking at the outfits again:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-1/rate-the-runway/episode-3#id=1

Why didn't Jerel go? Please.

They should have told Gordana the truth: "You're ugly. You're old. You don't create a scene or act out. You don't even dress weirdly. You're gone."

Her dress wasn't Miss Piggy but it was darn cute. And a number of others weren't Miss Piggy, either.

Three challenges. Three women gone.