Soft Drinks and Milk

ran619ger

We are planing to take our children and grandchildren on an Alaskan cruise this summer. This is the first time for all of us, and we have many questions. The main one now is regarding beverages. Are milk and hot chocolate available as part of the meal or is that and extra? I understand that soft drinks are extra, but does anyone know the cost of a soda on the ship? I know that there is a beverage package for soft drinks for tean and younger, but I am trying to see if it is worth the money or if a pay as you go is better.

If there are any other tips you have for sailing with children, please let me know, Thanks,

Milk and chocolate milk available at all meals. In fact you can grab extra cartons at buffet for your refrigerator. Can not remember cost of soda. But also lemonade and a flavored water available in buffet. Hot chocolate are the packets you add to water. If the kids aren’t real soda drinkers it would be cheaper to just buy an occasional one. Actually,we roughy our radaughter and don’t remember getting any sodas for her.

I really encourage the splash academy for the younger ones. My granddaughter loved it ! In fact, she’d rather cruise than go back to Disney! Just make sure you register them the 1st night. Seems when they make friends for the cruise duration.

On the Jewel class ships there are beverage stations in the buffet and milk is available there as well as cartons of white and chocolate milk (at breakfast, not sure about other times). I recall that my adult siblings requested milk to drink with dinner in the main dining rooms and the waiter brought it, no charge. If you request hot chocolate in the dining room or O'Sheehans they bring you a cute little teapot that contains at least two servings!

Edited by Love Blue
Omission in error.

Milk, chocolate milk, various percentages of skim milk and hot chocolate are available at meals and at the buffet. There is also the coffee area outside of the buffet that is open at all times which has hot chocolate and milk (not in cartons though). Also available at breakfast are juices (not fresh squeezed) and at all other times iced tea, (not sweetened) lemonade and various flavored sugar free ("fake" sweetened) waters. Sorry I don't know the prices for soda.

You can get milk and juice through the complimentary continental breakfast room service menu.

Hot chocolate, tea and coffee are available at the buffet all day. There is also flavored water. At any sit down restaurant you can order iced tea or lemonade at no additional charge. Some have said they've also ordered milk with no extra charge, I've never tried that.

We cruise NCL as a 3 generation family. We all love our cruising experiences. We have never used the specialty restaurants and have had many lovely meals in the main dining rooms. Use them if you want a particular experience, but don't feel they are required for a nice dining experience.

Thank you so much for all of the reply's. They were very helpful.

Sodas are $2.95. So for kids 12 and uder, the break even is 2 sodas per day (i.e., if your kids drink more than 1 soda a day, it is cheaper to get the soda package).

Sodas are $2.95. So for kids 12 and uder, the break even is 2 sodas per day (i.e., if your kids drink more than 1 soda a day, it is cheaper to get the soda package).

So basically, since my six year old doesn’t drink soda, she can get other beverages at meals without an extra charge if I don’t purchase a soda package for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So basically, since my six year old doesn’t drink soda, she can get other beverages at meals without an extra charge if I don’t purchase a soda package for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, milk, chocolate milk in the dining rooms (as per above ice tea as well) and flavored waters after lunch in the self serve area of the buffet.