Shore Excursioneer or no?

PoyenCruiser

I've read reviews of Shore Excursioneer and some have been great and some not so great, however, most of the not so great ones are from a couple of years ago. Has anyone used them recently (maybe in the last 3-6 months) and if so, how were they?

This outfit is just reselling tours by other companies, like Viator. And their overall rating on yelp is pretty bad. Why not look at operators on TripAdvisor or recommended in the Ports of Call forum , and then book directly with the operator? I seriously dislike having a 3rd party middleman - especially if anything goes wrong.

Edited by mom says

You can usually figure out who is actually doing the tour that is offered on the Viator site. What I usually do is to do my research on Viator, figure out who is actually doing the tour and then booking directly on the tour operator's,WEB site. Then the tour operator gets to keep all of the money instead of having to split it w Viator..

DON

I used them for three excursions this past February. I was happy with what they provided. They offer a money-back guarantee but fortunatley I never had to go through trying to get my money back.

Yes, you're better off going to the vendors directly but I would recommend the company and plan on using them again for one excursion this coming November.

Have used them a few times and have no complaints. Prices were very good, deposits very small. Tours were exactly as described. One of the things I like best is how much detail they provide in terms of what you should expect, what is and is not included, where to go once you are off the ship to meet the tour operator, and what to do if there is a problem.

• 4 months later...

I think I've used them before (can't quite remember) but all the excursions I've booked outside of the cruise lines have always been very good so far - - and much much cheaper! I'm looking again for my upcoming cruise right now - looking on The Shore Excursions Group, Shore Excursioneers, Viator, Shorefox....don't know if there is much difference between those

As mentioned, they're just a broker. Your excursion isn't actually with them. I would do my research on the port on TripAdvisor and look for someone who offers what you want to do and book directly with them. Skip the middle man. That way you can read reviews on who you will be with rather than not knowing until you get there.