Love Boat Dream Dessert

Steven_&_Daniel

We prefer the casual feel of eating in the buffet over the MDR. But I miss that delicious Love Boat Dream dessert. Is it still available? Is there another way of getting it besides the MDR? Maybe room service? We've sailed Princess 6 times and we've never even considered using room service. It's just something we never think of.

Rather than start a second thread, since I'm kind of on the subject with my above post, is there anything you guys recommend from Room Service? I think I'm overdue for checking it out.

I've seen people leave their used dishes in the hall. I hate that. I assume it's better to just leave the tray on the desk when finished? If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right, haha.

I don't know that it is available outside the MDR. You can show up for just dessert in one of the MDRs anytime in the evening. I have known people who have dinner early, go to a show and then go to the MDR for dessert.

I don't know that it is available outside the MDR. You can show up for just dessert in one of the MDRs anytime in the evening. I have known people who have dinner early, go to a show and then go to the MDR for dessert.

I didn't think of that. That's a good idea. How late are they open?

Out of 14 cruises on Princess, I've only seen the Love Boat Dream in the dining rooms and putting room service trays on the floor of the "narrow" hallways is dumb and dangerous. The room steward always removes these during their next stateroom visit.

Rather than start a second thread, since I'm kind of on the subject with my above post, is there anything you guys recommend from Room Service? I think I'm overdue for checking it out.

I've seen people leave their used dishes in the hall. I hate that. I assume it's better to just leave the tray on the desk when finished? If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right, haha.

The Room Service menu is pretty basic. You can find it on-line if you search for "Princess Cruises Room Service Menu." My wife likes the Tuna Salad and the Roast Beef sandwiches along with fries. There is also a Chocolate Cake dessert that she likes. I'll usually get a Burger and Fries. I ordered a Pizza, last cruise--pretty good, not great. The pizza comes with a $3 charge.

Please do not put your dirty dishes in the hall. You can call Room Service and they will pick them up, or you can leave them in your room and the steward will remove them they next time he services your cabin.

I didn't think of that. That's a good idea. How late are they open?

I think it is 9pm or so that they stop seating people. You might be able to arrange a time later than that by talking to the Head Waiter or Maitre 'd earlier in the day. They will probably have people eating until 10:30 or 11 I would think

I had the Love Boat Dream Dessert three times on our recent 14-day Caribbean Circle Cruise (just finished this past Sunday). The waiters also sang the theme from "The Love Boat" when they put the dessert in front of me. Love the dessert; love the singing.

I only looked at Room Service once and found the offerings for breakfast very sparse so didn't order. Sorry, didn't check out lunch or dinner.

I may have ordered the Love Boat Dessert about every night on our recent 7 night cruise. Second night I figured out I needed a second one. The last night (St. Patrick's Day) he brought three in the shape of a shamrock.

I may have ordered the Love Boat Dessert about every night on our recent 7 night cruise. Second night I figured out I needed a second one. The last night (St. Patrick's Day) he brought three in the shape of a shamrock.

That's cool. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks!