Norwegian Escape - hair and makeup salon?

LALCAL

Hi: I will be going on my first ever cruise in a few weeks on the Norwegian Escape to Bermuda for my daughters wedding :D

Do any of you have suggestions or opinions on the hair salon and makeup salon on board this ship? Her on-land wedding planner was not of much help. Would like to have her dressed and completely styled so we can just get to the venue. Thank you for any info you may have.

Thank you all so much! The wedding ceremony is at a beach resort on Bermuda and the wedding dinner will be held there also, so its probably extra expensive. At this point the hair cost is no big deal - LOL

Thank you all so much! The wedding ceremony is at a beach resort on Bermuda and the wedding dinner will be held there also, so its probably extra expensive. At this point the hair cost is no big deal - LOL

I'd check with the resort. They must have a salon!

Hello,

I am getting married in Bermuda as well, but in July (also coming in on the Escape) and my wedding planner suggested someone for hair and make up. I can send you their contact information if you would like. I will be in Bermuda next week for a hair trial and to meet with my wedding coordinator, photographer, etc. I can let you know how it goes (hair dresser) if you would like as well. :)

Hello,

I am getting married in Bermuda as well, but in July (also coming in on the Escape) and my wedding planner suggested someone for hair and make up. I can send you their contact information if you would like. I will be in Bermuda next week for a hair trial and to meet with my wedding coordinator, photographer, etc. I can let you know how it goes (hair dresser) if you would like as well. :)

How nice of you to offer!

The salon people have always done a great job on hair. There was a regular poster on here, Coka, who usually got her hair done and colored on board as she had the best luck rather than at her "at home" salon.

I would definitely book the salon on the first day and speak to the stylists they really do a good job. I can't answer about make-up though.

As someone who has sailed Escape 15 times, I can attest to the great results from the salon. I have had my hair cut, styled and highlighted numerous times and the salon staff on Escape is wonderful.

I believe Roberta will still be salon manager when you sail so my suggestion would be to speak with her as soon as possible about your styling and makeup needs.

Enjoy your cruise and the wedding!

Tracy

That is so good to hear about the salon on the escape. Of all the things to worry about my daughter the bride is worried about her hair and face. Haha. Thank you all so much for your input. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. The wedding was perfect. Ana from the escape salon did brides hair and it was beautiful. It looked like a soft updo but it was somehow wind proof. It was windy on beach. Bride did her own makeup. Thanks again for all replies and best wishes to the next bride. I think her name is Jenn.

I wouldn't feel comfortable having my hair and make up done by someone I dont know, have never seen their portfolio, and has possibly never done wedding make up. You will likely encounter all three of those things if you book with someone on the ship. I am a bit surprised that your daughter's wedding planner didnt highlight any of those concerns. You also would not be able to communicate with the stylist ahead of time to clearly discus what is wanted. I had a destination wedding as well, so was unable to personally meet my stylist. But I found someone online, viewed their portfolio, and discussed via email exactly what I wanted. As others have suggested I would highly recommend finding a salon in Bermuda, and not relying on the ship.