Princess transfer from vancouver downtown to pier 91 seattle

coolmik

I booked ruby princess for 9th june 2018. But my arrival is 7th june in vancouver. Please give me some tips how to book a princess trip from vancouver to pier 91 seattle? Maybe this question has been asked a lot..i am sorry n Tx a lot

Sometimes there are transfer buses run by the cruiseline, but these are usually focused on the other direction - for Americans flying into SEA (usually a nice saving compared to YVR), so they would run between Seatac on the Seattle end, and the pier on the Vancouver end.

Always available options are Amtrak train (the morning one gets in early enough for a Seattle cruise, downtown so a cab/Uber to the pier is needed), Greyhound and Bolt buses (also arrive downtown), QuickShuttle (goes from pier and various hotel/downtown pickups in Vancouver to both piers in Seattle - but costs more than the other buses, so for 2 people a different bus and a cab offers a saving), or renting a car one-way (depending on many factors, might be cheapest to drop at Seatac or downtown so again transport to the pier could be required - but you could drop your group and luggage then return the car solo and use a cheap transfer shuttle to the pier from Seatac...)

Long story short - you have many options without even having to spend a night in Seattle;-)

We take the Bolt Bus. It's ~$25 per person. Nice, relaxing, newer buses.

Seattle is outrageously expensive. You can take the Seattle-Bremerton for $8, and then book a hotel in Bremerton (we like the Fairfield - about $120/night). The ferry takes about an hour, is a nice ride, and you only pay the fare coming from Seattle (free the other direction). The hotel is two blocks from the ferry.

The bolt bus seems a good choice n much more cheaper. Any trouble across the border? I mean we have to take all the luggage with us when we go thru the border? Since we have heavy luggage

I think I get what you mean - ALL buses, Quickshuttle/Bolt/Greyhound/Cantrail - have to stop at the border for immigration and customs both ways. That means passengers get off, take their bags from the curb beside the bus, carry them inside to be scanned, answer questions from CBP , collect their bags and take them to the curb beside the bus then reboard. If it's busy CBP sometimes take shortcuts - let you leave bags on bus, let drivers move bags, or even do a walkthrough and visual passport inspection only if it's REALLY busy and the whole bus is US/Canadian citizens only. But the EXPECTED experience is what I describe above - bus drivers in general are not going to move bags for you and there are no luggage trolleys.

Rental car you leave your bags in trunk, speak to border agent through the car window (unless non-US/Canadian in which case you have to go inside the building) and unless chosen for Secondary, your stuff stays in the car.

Train you preclear immigration/customs in Vancouver - which is why it's the least annoying of all possible land border crossing methods. You do then stop at the border briefly southbound, CBP walk through the carriages and look at passport picture pages, 'randomly' ask questions of a brown person or two, then get off and send the train onward (it's normally about 5 minutes).