Golden Girls cruise time again!

Cruz4Sun

Coral Princess – Mar 31-Apr 10,2018 Panama Canal

After a 4 hour drive from New Smyrna Beach to Port Everglades my best friend Pat and I sailed through check in and were actually in our cabin by 11:45 a.m. We parked in the Pier 2 garage for security and convenience.

Our favorite ship activities included Zumba, line dancing, deck parties (I won champagne), walking the true promenade deck and relaxing in hot tubs and pools. There was plenty of great entertainment too. Tops on our list were John Bressler, Andrew John Diessner, production show On the Bayou, Dancing with the Princess Stars and The Voice of the Ocean. The cruise director’s staff included some very entertaining young people including Yris,Chris, Kiki and Emily. The skit they performed at the crew talent show was a riot!

We enjoyed one tour and numerous dinners and shows with our new cruise critic friends LaDonna, Darryl, Lisa and Bill. Meeting them made this trip so much more fun!

One highlight of this cruise was being invited to the most traveled passenger lunch for the 1st time. We enjoyed our table mates and thought the food was the best we had on the entire trip.

Our shore excursions were:

Aruba: Princess Catamaran Snorkeling-really enjoyed exploring the Antilla shipwreck, followed by music and rum punch on the return trip.

Cartagena, Columbia:We beat the crowds by arranging a tour for 6 with Dora the Explorer. We went up to the top of the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas fort, visited the old town, shopped for coffee and emeralds and visited La Popa Monastery. I highly recommend this friendly and knowledgeable guide.

Limon, Costa Rica: We booked theTortuguero Canal Tour with Eduardo of Your Lucky Tour. We enjoyed the canal tour, fruit market and our lunch at the Red Snapper of jerk chicken, rice and beans, salad and fried plantains. On the way back to the ship we stopped at a grocery store for the best prices on coffee.

Grand Cayman: We liked the Princess bike excursion to the Turtle Center and Hell. The ride was 7 ½ miles which was long enough in the heat. Afterwards we were ready for a Caybrew at Cayman Cabana. We tried the Oxtail Nachos which were fantastic.

We put down a future cruise deposit and will look forward to our next Girls cruise!

Coral Princess – Mar 31-Apr 10,2018 Panama Canal

Cartagena, Columbia:We beat the crowds by arranging a tour for 6 with Dora the Explorer. We went up to the top of the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas fort, visited the old town, shopped for coffee and emeralds and visited La Popa Monastery. I highly recommend this friendly and knowledgeable guide.

Thanks for the review and I heartily agree with your suggestion regarding Dora. We booked with her when we did the canal and she was great. She has assistants who handle some of her tours but, as we booked early, our group had Dora herself. Cartagena has about 200 Bazillion (okay, a slight exaggeration) street vendors but they knew Dora and, for the most part, left us alone. Her website is HERE

Do you remember what movies were played at movies under the stars? Or what movies were available on screen? We leave on 20th April Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles.

The only movies I noticed were The Shape of Water and Victoria and Abdul.

Thanks for the review and I heartily agree with your suggestion regarding Dora. We booked with her when we did the canal and she was great. She has assistants who handle some of her tours but, as we booked early, our group had Dora herself. Cartagena has about 200 Bazillion (okay, a slight exaggeration) street vendors but they knew Dora and, for the most part, left us alone. Her website is HERE

I'm glad you also enjoyed Dora's tour. Yes, there were many, many street vendors, but if they got too aggressive she said a quick word and they backed off.