Royal Car does not know how to do math-advertised 20% off bev pkg really only 10%

Just curious. If the OP had made their first post about how glorious a company RCI is, how luxurious their ships are and how well they treat their customers and employees would you have said "It's the OPs first post, don't believe anything they say."?

Something tells me the answer is no. Is it hard to type with pompoms in your hand?

It's not that his first post is a complaint, that probably holds true for a lot of members here...I think it says a lot when you go to the extent of creating your user name around your complaint. It screams to me that the OP is one of those people who are never satisfied and will always find a complaint...everyone is out to get them. IMO I don't they should even go on this cruise...because it is not going to live up to whatever expectations they have...they should just stick with NCL as that is the only thing that will make them happy. And that's okay, everybody has their preferences and we live in a time with so many options, there is something for everybody. RCCI won't miss their business.

This is one reason why when I read reviews of anything, I tend take the purely negative reviews with a grain of salt. Typically a one off circumstance, or someone who is never satisfied and will always find something to complain about. And I do the same with the ones that are all popcorn and pom poms. To me, the value is in the "3" and "4" star reviews...they feel the most honest to me.

With that said. RCCI's drink pricing and % of discount shenanigans is a bit annoying. But the bottom line is what the price you are paying is...not the discount you are receiving. Is it worth it to you and only you, for the price you are paying. Because of the fluctuation in price by sailing and ship and what phase the moon is in, they would be better served just advertising on price alone...and not some % off or BOHO sale. Probably save them a great deal of customer service calls.

Just look at the bottom line price of what you're paying. Do you like it? If not, then don't buy it.

Its not just drink prices, but everything. 50% off 2nd passenger? comes out to be the same price as any other time.

Voom is notorious, but sometimes you win out. Last July, I bought Voom pre-cruise at 30% off. It was 12.99/day. In February, I bought Voom pre-cruise at 30% off. It was 8.99/day. Last month, I bought Voom pre-cruise at 30% off. It was 13.99/day. On board previous times, its 19.99/day.

Just look at the bottom line price of what you're paying. Do you like it? If not, then don't buy it.

Its not just drink prices, but everything. 50% off 2nd passenger? comes out to be the same price as any other time.

Voom is notorious, but sometimes you win out. Last July, I bought Voom pre-cruise at 30% off. It was 12.99/day. In February, I bought Voom pre-cruise at 30% off. It was 8.99/day. Last month, I bought Voom pre-cruise at 30% off. It was 13.99/day. On board previous times, its 19.99/day.

Typically, price online is 20% off onboard price. Buy one second 50% off is just 25% off pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every time I see the discount in the cruise planner, it always says that the X% off on the deluxe alcohol beverage is done as X/2% per person.
I have just received an email from RC offering 30% off drinks packages and shore excursions for our Independence cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Lets see if they respond and continue to post on CC.

It would be interesting if they come back and gave more input. They haven't logged in since this post was put up yesterday, at least not as the OP.;)

It's not that his first post is a complaint, that probably holds true for a lot of members here...I think it says a lot when you go to the extent of creating your user name around your complaint. It screams to me that the OP is one of those people who are never satisfied and will always find a complaint...everyone is out to get them. IMO I don't they should even go on this cruise...because it is not going to live up to whatever expectations they have...they should just stick with NCL as that is the only thing that will make them happy. And that's okay, everybody has their preferences and we live in a time with so many options, there is something for everybody. RCCI won't miss their business.

This is one reason why when I read reviews of anything, I tend take the purely negative reviews with a grain of salt. Typically a one off circumstance, or someone who is never satisfied and will always find something to complain about. And I do the same with the ones that are all popcorn and pom poms. To me, the value is in the "3" and "4" star reviews...they feel the most honest to me.

With that said. RCCI's drink pricing and % of discount shenanigans is a bit annoying. But the bottom line is what the price you are paying is...not the discount you are receiving. Is it worth it to you and only you, for the price you are paying. Because of the fluctuation in price by sailing and ship and what phase the moon is in, they would be better served just advertising on price alone...and not some % off or BOHO sale. Probably save them a great deal of customer service calls.

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

FWIW last time I was on an Oasis class ship the onboard price was $62 for the drink package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

same, it was 62$/day plus the 18% when we were on in December and our adventure cruise in march was 59$/day plus the 18%

Perfect on all counts!

Unless reviews are leaning VERY heavily to one or five-star ratings, I’ ve put my faith in the 3’s and 4’s, hopefully with specific detail.

I ignore posts that attack first-time reviewers. Pom-pom syndrome. This is a “community”, and we all had a first post.

Yes, RCCL is pushing the limits on pricing promotions, both for cruises and add-ons. For our upcoming cruise we’ve received numerous add-on offers which, although appearing different, calculated at the exact same bottom line. Insulting. We cancelled our beverage package and will manage our consumption accordingly.