You can not get a liter of rum in you room anymore!

FRANCOIS

Was just on the Princess website, and what was there last week is no longer there. The only liquor listed is that which comes in the packages. Now supposedly you will still be able to order through room service, but the pre boarding order is becoming something off the past. We'll have to wait for Francois to return to get the room service answer for sure.

jeaniebelle-my guess is that if you have ordered it, and your credit card has been charged(like mine has), you will get what you ordered. You may have to go through room service to get it, it may not be waiting for you. I will find out for sure on Feb 22.

Casshew-I believe that all preorders were supposed to be in 14 days before your sail date.

My Husband and I just got back on Sat from The Grand and they wouldn't allow us a bottle of Liquor in the room. We wanted to purchase Rum. So at the port in Grand Cayman he went to the store and bought a bottle and they ( the store checkout clerk) asked him as they always do when you puchase anything, for the ships name and room. He gave it and they replied "after" he bought it " This willl be shipped to your room on the last day of the Cruise" So basically they outsmarted us. So my advise to you is not to tell them your on a ship should you buy from a store OR bring it on ahead of time in your luggage. We tried everything maybe you'll have better luck. So the bar made money off us in the Bar, this time.

Could you still buy it at the bar and take it to your room??? I mostly drink wine, but I do sometimes like a "rye & water" before dinner.

I didn't want to have to pack it all the way from the west coast on our cruise on the Coral in May.:(

I just talked to the rep for princess ordering, and I asked if we were still allowed to order the 1 liter bottle that was listed in our hard-copy brochure. She said we were able to order it, but it would not be delivered to the cabin until the day before disembarkation. I said that was pretty misleading, as the brochure stated these were "cabin packages" and she was very nice but said Princess has a new policy. If you order the liter, (whether by phone or fax), it will not be delivered to your cabin upon arrival.

I think you clearly would have room to complain as the hard copy brochure states otherwise, but either way I Think the best that would happen is that they would credit your credit card. It sounds like they are going strict on not allowing the liters to go to rooms during the cruise.

KreinKrunker user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_5425045", true);

Cool Cruiser - If I were you, I would call and clarify. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, I would smuggle icon7.gif Just my humble opinion..... We were going to try to order, but after talking to the rep, I think we will plan otherwise....

We saw one group that looked like possibly staff with a bottle of something maybe thats how they bought it from the bar? We tried everything, asked and read through everything and no luck. Maybe if you call Princess they could tell you if you can buy it from the bar. I know someone else tried to buy vodka and they had no luck as we had no luck with the Rum. We tried to find a liquor store within walking distance of the Pier in Galveston and had no luck either. Have fun on your cruise.

The highlight is the Movies underneath the Stars with padded Lounge Chairs and Blankets they provide you. It was sooo cozy! That was my favorite part.

I'm looking at page 27 of my Cruise Anwser book and it talks about the Beverage packages and how much they each were. We didn't have this book with us on the trip. If you need a copy of it- let me know and I'll snap a picture and email it to you. You might try and call princess and ask them about it on page 27, wonder why they wouldn't tell us about this when we asked on the cruise? Hummmm

You do not have to hide or smuggle your booze on board. Prior to leaving the first day of your voyage you can bring what ever you like on board. I always check in, then head to our room, unload my bags then take my back-pack, walk off the ship and go to the liquor store. Buy enough for the trip and bring it back on board. They scan the bag, they see whats in side and say nothing. I have done this for 5 cruises on princess. The catch is once you leave that first port you will not be allowed to bring any more booze on board to your room, they will check it at the scanner and give it too you the last day of the cruise.

Or for you die hards you can always just fill a water bottle with a clear beverage of your choice at any of the other ports and they won't ask to you to open it.

At the prices they charge i don't consider it smuggling, especially the cheap bar liquor they serve,

Thats what we normally do, just as you mentioned however , we couldn't find a liquor store near the pier in Galveston. When I inquired about it to the ship- they nicely informed to read page 18 in the Q & A book - "Alcohol purchased at any port of call, including the port of embarkation, may not be consumed on board. " When we tryed to get it at the port in Grand Cayman , the store asked the ship name and said they had to deliver it rather than give it to us. If we do princess again I'll know to do my normal backpack at embarkation method or just buy from the bar as we did this time. No biggie either way, but just so others know how they handled it. This all happened last week.

I'm on the Coral now. I called room service shortly after boarding last Tues. and had a 1 liter bottle of Grey Goose delivered to my cabin for $29.95. Don't know about rum but the Goose is flying on the Coral :D

So....am I getting misinformation? I just called Princess again and the rep I talked to said liter bottles are available for consumption in your sateroom. Maybe some one else could call and see if they get the same answer. I really don't like to smuggle! I don't understand the confusion - maybe you just can't pre-order anymore.

Thanks,

Kaye

Pam,

I agree with you. It is definately one of the reasons I sail Princess three times a year. And also one of the reasons why 27 friends have sailed Princess for the very first time over the past year. Although just one of the reasons why I've chosen to sail with Princess, I would surely miss that benefit!:eek:

The Q & A book seems to say you can order, it gives all the prices , I however didn't have that book on my cruise to refer to and employees that I spoke with didn't offer that as an option. But it looks like you can. I would bring that book or you should see something in the Q & A area on the Princes site.

I'm on the Coral now. I called room service shortly after boarding last Tues. and had a 1 liter bottle of Grey Goose delivered to my cabin for $29.95. Don't know about rum but the Goose is flying on the Coral :D

Thanks katmash. . . Grey Goose is also my drink of choice. Glade to hear you can still get a liter on board.

I just called Princess and had the order numbers for Grey Goose and the rep tried but it wouldn't go through. He told me that Princess had recently changed this and I could only order a package or beer, soda, wine and champagne. Great, so either I can over pay for the package and get cheap liquor to boot or pre-order something that I'm allowed to carry on myself! The rep did say that as of now we could still order the large bottles of liquor once on board so I guess I'll have to wait and see how that goes for people over the next few months.

Archived