Evening dress code on Encore in Mediterranean

cece50

I think we have pretty much established that denim blue jeans are inappropriate after 6pm! I wear mine only during the day and being from Dallas, where it is ultra steamy and hot in the summertime, we wear them in the summertime too! Rest assured that they are only one of the pairs of pants I am bringing--the others being white and navy. I think we will all be appropriately dressed for our respective cruises. The issue I am having now is what gets packed and what stays home. Hearing that it is going to be in the 80sF in Stockholm is surprising--but I will be prepared for any eventuality.

I spent some time in Dallas during the summer months several years ago. I would have melted if I'd worn blue jeans! :D (Great city and very nice people by the way!).

I believe the temperature in Stockholm will be back to near normal by the end of this week, if not sooner. It's often in thee low to mid 70s in summer but this weather over northern Europe at the moment is quite unusual for the end of spring. During your cruise on Ovation I'd expect daytime highs to be anywhere from low 60s to mid 70s, however preparing for any eventuality is a great plan!

Isklaar, Thank you for complimenting Dallas. It IS a great city. We've lived here for 31 years now and it gets better every year. We are very well acclimated to high heat and humidity--also we live in central air-conditioning most of the time. Actually, I prefer dresses for casual wear in the summertime, but whenever I wear a dress in the daytime on a cruise, people ask me why I am so dressed up! So--I am taking some casual dresses (but maybe not as many as last time). Sometimes I think we should have a women only thread about clothing for the cruise---not about dress codes, but just about what we like to wear on cruises and why.

Isklaar, Thank you for complimenting Dallas. It IS a great city. We've lived here for 31 years now and it gets better every year. We are very well acclimated to high heat and humidity--also we live in central air-conditioning most of the time. Actually, I prefer dresses for casual wear in the summertime, but whenever I wear a dress in the daytime on a cruise, people ask me why I am so dressed up! So--I am taking some casual dresses (but maybe not as many as last time). Sometimes I think we should have a women only thread about clothing for the cruise---not about dress codes, but just about what we like to wear on cruises and why.

I agree. It is about "what to pack" not "THE code"

I'm thinking cotton pants and comfortable walking shoes for day time. It is evening wear that is always the question.

Here is the Pacific NW casual has become the norm for dress...even in the evenings. Have dress pants and tops in variety of colors and level of dressiness out at the present. May sort add a few lightweight dresses. Can't forget scarves Wish there was an easy way around luggage restrictions.

Our weather is similar to northern Europe Today hi 60's - lo 70's which is warm for us. I love Texas but melt and feel like a slug.

Thanks for the conversation

cruiser02, I own no dress pants! I have only dresses and my casual summer pants have been acquired for cruises.[/quote

One answer: Chico's black "traveler" pants: silky feel, pack like a dream---and elastic waistline! You probably already have dressy tops or casual tops dressed up with a scarf or bling of choice. I'm on my second pair and they can be machine laundered to boot.:p