Price increase on Haven cabins on the Escape

suometar

I have been researching the Haven cabins for our cruise next March. I had finally settled on the aft penthouse suite and was ready to book it. Logged on to NCL and almost had a heart attack when I saw that the price had increased by $400!!! Think I'll pass ... It's a good thing that I did not tell my husband about this cabin. I only told him that I will book an aft cabin, and the penthouse and the Haven would be a surprise. (Well, at least he'll never know what we are missing ...:loudcry:

Did you go all the way through with the booking? With the tax/port fees special, the total may have been lower or the same from the price that you originally saw.

No, I was too shocked. But what I did do is go to another site to check their fares. This site had the original, lower price. So I decided to refresh the NCL page -- and what do you know, the original prices are back! Of course I am very happy about that but I was wondering about the great discrepancy in prices that I saw originally. I thought that perhaps I had clicked on the week before/after by mistake, but those fares were also pretty much the same as my week. All I can think of is that this was yet another example of NCL's glichy website.

Suometar - I know what you mean. We are booked in the Haven for February. When the recent promotion on taxes and port fees came out I had hoped to take advantage of that however the price of my category cabin had gone up by more than $600 plus we would lose some if not all of our $400 onboard credit. We are sitting tight right now.

Jump on the lower price while you can.

If you need any info on the Escape H6 (balcony sizes, stateroom configurations, etc.), feel free to ask.

Thanks, I have a couple of questions: I understand that the balconies on decks 9 and 12 are the deepest. Balconies are very important to us, so I am focusing on those two decks. I'm just wondering if we will hear music from Spice H2O if we are on deck 12? And also -- this is probably a stupid question, but do you get noise from the waterfront on deck 8 if you are on deck 9?

I realize that it is a trek to the Haven from either of these decks, but which would be better or more convenient in that respect?

Right now I am leaning towards deck 9 because it is convenient to the bars on deck 8 (it's not that we are such barflies, but we do like to bring an adult beverage to enjoy on our balcony).

Any and all advice and hints will be greatly appreciated!

Anne

I'm just wondering if we will hear music from Spice H2O if we are on deck 12? And also -- this is probably a stupid question, but do you get noise from the waterfront on deck 8 if you are on deck 9?

If you are on deck 12 and close/seal the balcony door, you will not hear (music) nor feel (bass) from SpiceH2O. If you are on the balcony, you'll hear the music.

You won't hear anything from the Waterfront while staying on deck 9 other than possibly the sound of the pressure washer that they use to clean the Waterfront (hours seem to vary depending on if someone complains).

I realize that it is a trek to the Haven from either of these decks, but which would be better or more convenient in that respect?

The same. Walk to the forward elevators on the deck that you are staying then shoot up to the Haven. DO NOT take the aft elevator up then go forward.

Right now I am leaning towards deck 9 because it is convenient to the bars on deck 8 (it's not that we are such barflies, but we do like to bring an adult beverage to enjoy on our balcony).

Both are great but I prefer 12.

Two Wheels: you say you prefer deck 12 over 9. May I ask why? Does it have a better view, different configuration, or is it just personal preference? Looking at the deck plans it seems that the suites on deck 12 are bigger, whereas the rooms on deck 9 have white spaces on the sides.

Stateroom size and configuration are the same. The H6 room sizes are the same but some (decks 11 and 14) are a different configuration. The balcony size differs. 9 is largest and 12 is 2nd largest. I like the higher view from 12. Don't use the deckplan to determine size...it is usually inaccurate.

Stateroom size and configuration are the same. The H6 room sizes are the same but some (decks 11 and 14) are a different configuration. The balcony size differs. 9 is largest and 12 is 2nd largest. I like the higher view from 12. Don't use the deckplan to determine size...it is usually inaccurate.

Thanks again! I figured that the higher view would be better. I also like the configuration of the rooms. Don't really care for windows in the bathroom overlooking the balcony.

The Escape and the Getaway are both similar...I sailed on the Getaway twice in the aft Penthouses (once in the port side and once in the starboard side). I really like the deck 9 location as it was easy to get to the Waterfront without waiting for an elevator.

I didn’t mind the walk to the Haven for breakfast or relaxation...because that balcony just made the walk worth it!

I have sailed on the Escape as well but in a 2BR right within the Haven. While I really enjoyed the suite, that aft balcony was so much better!

Enjoy your cruise...and that balcony!!!

I also prefer deck 9, but I'm sure 12 is just as amazing. Best balcony I have ever sailed with! Perfection. I like 9 because its so close to 8 and the waterfront. If we were going to the Haven, we would walk down to 8 and cross the ship there. So much more pleasant than going through interior hallways.

I loved the aft suite so much I think Ill next cruise will be on the Escape, just to get to be in that suite again!

I was on the aft deck 12 (breakaway though not Escape) and did not hear anything from Spice. I agree with Bird travels and prefer the view from being higher up. Also, if this is out of NY, it is still very cold in March, so dont expect to use the balcony for the first day or two or and the last sea day either. I still went out on mine, but not for long periods of time. My cruise was late March. But, you could get lucky and have better luck with weather. This winter has been very long!

It is best to book it early, if the price goes up you are locked in at your rate, however if the price drops before final payment date all you have to do is call NCL and they will honor the new rate. There are apps out there that allow you to enter your cruise and they automatically notify you of any rate changes. Good luck, I hope my information was helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not the Haven. But...I just checked our next booked 7 day cruise, a mini suite on the Pearl. For the two of us, the price for that cabin has increased $740. I checked for an SF suite. We've sailed in those several times. That is listed now at $3860 more than we are paying for the mini. In the past, the difference has been around maybe $1200. I think my suite days are in the past.