First timer, Must-Dos on the Escape?

AshleyJax

Book the Mandara Spa for the week (cannot be booked by the day). Cost is usually around $199 (pre-booked) or $219 (after you board). If you're not sure about it, once you board, go to the spa and request a tour. Then you can decide. You tube also has a video of the Escape Mandara Spa so you can see what it's all about. Very quiet and relaxing. It's my favorite part of our cruise.

I have been on several cruises, but this is my first time on NCL. Any tips for a NCL newbie? What are some must-do's on the Escape?

We are just off the Escape. Check out the daily programs to see what's normally happening on the ship. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

After Midnight and For The Record: The Brat Pack are the two main theater shows (book 120 days prior to cruise)

On board, book a comedy show at Headliners. You can book one show, standby for others. Early shows are family oriented, late show is 18+

Complimentary escape room Escape the Big Top is fun. Must book on embarkation day.

Do the two story Ropes Course and walk the plank over the edge of the ship

The water slides are always fun.

Have a great cruise!

Dine on the waterfront. Book shortly before sunset and it's amazing. Lunch at Pincho is also awesome. The waterslides are incredible, especially the tube slide. The shows were really sub-par but if you are bored, you may want to check them out. Wine Lovers the Musical was pretty fun, though. Ropes course is really cool.

I would add another vote for the spa. It's the best at sea and a killer feature of the ship. Have realistic expectations. The pool/sun lounging areas are grossly undersized and overcrowded, which is another reason you may want the spa. The waterfront is a great place to hang out with less crowding as well.

The Spa area, from what I have seen online, seems similiar to the Korean spas we have in NYC (or am I missing something). I do enjoy them on occasion, but I don't know if I realistically see myself spending enough time in there on vacation for it to be worth the price.

The Spa area, from what I have seen online, seems similiar to the Korean spas we have in NYC (or am I missing something). I do enjoy them on occasion, but I don't know if I realistically see myself spending enough time in there on vacation for it to be worth the price.

Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. Just the nice padded loungers and quiet place to sit and read with a view is enough to justify the spa. Escape is an overcrowded mess in the public pool/sun deck areas so the spa is a nice place to chill.

The spa is amazing and so worth the $199. I never wanted to leave the heated stone chairs. The ice room is also fantastic when you just walk out of the sauna. So many people were scoffing at it until they tried it. The pool is large and divided into two sections, one with rolling water that you really have to hang on to the rail, and the rest with gentler motion.

Don't miss O'Sheehans. they have an all you can eat prime rib and an ayce spare ribs on different nights. It is a great place to grab some late night wings.

Try a Rebellious Fish at least once.

Have a great cruise. I loved the Escape

Before I went I read that Food Republic and the District Brewhouse

aren't crowded early in the cruise.

The District has good live music at night.

Be sure to catch Dueling Pianos.

I really enjoyed Deck 8/the waterfront as well.

Try the Pastrami with sauerkraut dumplings at Food Republic early in the cruise

enhance

Discover the Brewhouse before everyone else

enhance

Get a mojito and enjoy a sunset on the waterfront

enhance

I am a super spa lover, always booking it by the week with my husband when we cruise NCL. We have yet to cruise on the Escape but are taking the NYC to Bermuda trip on Sept. 2. We would have booked the spa at $200 each for the week anyway, and had our eyes on an ocean view cabin for about $1100. Then I read about the Escape’s Spa Cabins and found a balcony spa cabin for $1350! The spa cabins give you the same access to the spa as the passes, plus it’s a balcony room for less than an OV + spa passes! I am not even going to bother to put in an upgrade bid! Welcome to my dream vacay! I love kids and I work with them, but when I am on vacation I don’t want to be surrounded by other people’s kids screaming and jumping around me in the pool or hot tub. The spa gives me many peaceful hours of enjoyment in the company of my husband, so that alone to me is worth the added expense. The soothing thermal loungers, snow room, salt room, and other amenities have me wishing I didn’t have to wait more than 5 months ‘til sail-away. I am so happy, I am sending myself a gift of chocolate covered strawberries to enjoy on board. 🍓

Try a Mr.Worldwide and a Bahama Mama at the bar. Go to Skyline Bar at night for the best parties. Stuff your face at Teppanyaki. The food is amazing and so are the chefs who put on a show for you. Get a mimosa at the bar in the back of the buffet and the back (aft) of the buffet is the easiest place to find seats. Get to the Atrium early to snag good seats for shows.