Port of Miami Car Rental Question

revjamesl

Embarking on Vista June 2. Wanting to drop rental car off at port. Is this possible at Port of Miami?

If so, what rental companies? I have preferred statuses with Avis, Hertz, and National if that matters.

Thanks, in advance.

We drove down from Iowa last year, chose to drove our own vehicle as I didn't know how long it would take to drop off a rental car at MIA and then get to the port. But like was already mentioned, there is no place to drop rental cars off at the port.

Budget, Avis, and Hertz have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from either Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, or Thifty you would normally drop off the rental vehicle at the Miami Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. You exit the facility on the top floor and hop on the free shuttle bus for transportation to the Port Of Miami. The short ride takes approximately fifteen minutes.

We just rented from Budget. Picked it up at the airport and returned it about 2 miles from the port. My husband dropped me and the luggage at the port and returned the car. They offered shuttle service back to the port. I waited about 15 minutes for him. Quick and easy.

Embarking on Vista June 2. Wanting to drop rental car off at port. Is this possible at Port of Miami?

If so, what rental companies? I have preferred statuses with Avis, Hertz, and National if that matters.

Thanks, in advance.

I know for sure that Hertz and Budget have free shuttle rides to and from the port. There are other rentals that have shuttles but I have never used them.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise will shuttle you from POM back to their MIA airport location. If you get a better deal from someone else a taxi to MIA will run $27 or you can Uber for under $20.

The downtown locations for Avis, Hertz and others usually offer free shuttles - or grab an Uber for under $10

Budget, Avis, and Hertz have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from either Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, or Thifty you would normally drop off the rental vehicle at the Miami Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. You exit the facility on the top floor and hop on the free shuttle bus for transportation to the Port Of Miami. The short ride takes approximately fifteen minutes.

Thanks, very helpful. Was going to drop off at a downtown location before our cruise but read about understaffing and infrequent shuttles and folks using Uber. We are traveling with our baby and are hoping to rent the carseat for the 2 days precruise and not have to drag ours from home. Uber would not be an option.

So basically all the major companies at the aiport rental center have shuttles to the port? Or is it a rental center shuttle and not company specific?

Alamo, National, and Enterprise share their shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the large Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. The shuttles are easy to recognize and all you have to do is flag them down when they pass the terminal. Dollar and Thifty also share their shuttles. On some instances the driver will ask to see your car rental reservation before they allow you on the shuttle because some passengers are looking for free transportation back to Miami International Airport.

Alamo, National, and Enterprise share their shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the large Miami International Airport Rental Car Center. The shuttles are easy to recognize and all you have to do is flag them down when they pass the terminal.

Before seeing this post I actually called the Alamo office at the Miami Airport and they said this exact thing.