First Time Med Cruiser - power outlets in cabin question

I have cruised a lot but never to the Mediterranean. Will be cruising out of Barcelona, to Nice, to several ports in Italy on Adventure of the Seas. Will my flat iron, phone/camera chargers, etc. plug in just as they always do or do I need some sort of converter? I would think they will be fine as is, but wanted to check with those who are a lot smarter about these thinks than I am. Thanks in advance.

While most chargers these days can handle either voltage, make sure you check your hardware before you cruise. We take a small adapter for the 220v outlet to make use of the extra outlet. Your hair iron may or may not handle both voltages, so use the 110v US-style outlets if you are not sure. Not likely you will need a power convertor. They are heavy and typically can't handle large loads. If you think you need more than two outlets bring a Y extension cord. Not a bad idea anyway since the outlets can be so close together you can't plug two chargers into them.

I have cruised a lot but never to the Mediterranean. Will be cruising out of Barcelona, to Nice, to several ports in Italy on Adventure of the Seas. Will my flat iron, phone/camera chargers, etc. plug in just as they always do or do I need some sort of converter? I would think they will be fine as is, but wanted to check with those who are a lot smarter about these thinks than I am. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

An iron is on the banned list so if detected will be confiscated until the end of the cruise.

The sockets are very tight to the surface of the desk area so may pose a problem if you have a chunky moulded plug & lead. I always take a Euro to UK converter and x3UK adapter as I can then plug something into the top or side sockets of the x3 adapter regardless of the thickness of the lead.

Whether insufficient voltage or current I cannot remember but my mobile phone would NOT charge when plugged into the 110v US socket.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

An iron is on the banned list so if detected will be confiscated until the end of the cruise.

The sockets are very tight to the surface of the desk area so may pose a problem if you have a chunky moulded plug & lead. I always take a Euro to UK converter and x3UK adapter as I can then plug something into the top or side sockets of the x3 adapter regardless of the thickness of the lead.

Whether insufficient voltage or current I cannot remember but my mobile phone would NOT charge when plugged into the 110v US socket.

Regards,

Cublet

GHD's or Hair Straighteners to us in the UK, which I believe are allowed.

A flat iron is not like an "iron" and is not banned. It's like a curling iron with a different function. We took ours on two Med cruises. We used the U.S. voltage because someone said the EU outlets are weaker and theirs didn't work when plugged into them. We had a small converter we carried with us because we stayed 2 nights pre-cruise and one night post cruise in Rome and the flat iron worked fine. We carried the cube that gave us extra outlets plus USB outlet. MUCH more efficient than an extension cord, because it allowed us to charge two phones at the same time, while having other things plugged in simultaneously. We got ours on Amazon a few years ago but they sell these everywhere (even in the grocery stores). The only outlet in the bathroom is really pretty useless unless it's for an electric razor. We were able to keep our phones charged, and use all of our electronic "gadgets" charged and ready to go.