Miami Florida

dengirl69

Where do most people stay when driving into Miami for their cruise. Would love to be as close as possible but also maybe be able to get some sights in without getting into city traffic if possible. This will be our first visit to Miami so pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would love to be as close as possible but also maybe be able to get some sights in without getting into city traffic if possible.

On your own...not really possible. Traffic is intense.

You might consider a city tour where you don't have to do the driving.

Otherwise, hotels are more reasonable in Ft Lauderdale.

As others have said, there is a lot of info on the Florida departures thread. I found all my information there. I ended up booking a hotel in downtown Miami about 3 miles from the pier. It all depends on what you want to do. If nightlife is your thing, South Beach is the spot.

Downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels charge guests $25-30+ per day to park - some hotels out near the MIA airport offer free parking deals. You could use the Airport Flyer bus from the MIA airport to South Beach for about $3 each; lots to see/do in South Beach or catch one of the hop on/off bus tours.

I would park at POM while cruising - covered, convenient and secure. ;)

We had this same dilemma. We are driving down and need to park the car for our pre-cruise overnight. We will park at the port so we can get started and won't need to wait for a shuttle back to the hotel.

So, we looked at several areas in Miami and also up in Ft. Lauderdale. We chose the Blue Lagoon area. No parking fee, free breakfast at Homewood Suites. Brickell and Bayside both have lovely hotels but many charge for parking.

We booked several months ago and rates for the hotel have already increased.

Good luck with your search and enjoy your cruise.

Or don't stay in Miami - lots of cheaper hotels up I95 near West Palm (about 90 min to 2 hours from POM) or even Orlando is only 3.5-4 hours away - grab an early breakfast, hit the road, and you can park at POM and be on the ship before noon. :cool: