Starbucks

mlsetc

I see the Bliss has Starbucks, are other NCL ships being retrofitted? Not a big Starbucks fan, prefer the Lavazza coffee.

Not putting in Starbucks stores specifically. But some ships have replaced their Lavazza brand coffee with Starbucks brand coffee. We are just off the Escape and the Atrium Cafe "proudly serves Starbucks coffee" and many of the menu items mirror what Starbucks sells. But it is still just the NCL Atrium cafe. (BTW: my office cafeteria "proudly serves Starbucks coffee",,, but it is definitely not a Starbucks).

And, NCL is slowly replacing all of the Lavazza coffee machines in suites with Nespresso machines. Bye bye frother.

That will be disappointing to DH who hates Starbucks coffee and loves Lavazza, but I prefer the frappacinos that Starbucks makes although on a recent Oceania cruise they had amazing frozen coffee drinks from Lavazza. My question is, I've seen a lot of posts that say the "regular" (dining rooms, buffets, cafes) coffees are "bad" whatever that means (totally subjective) but enough people said it that DH is worried as he is a coffee-holic. We'll be on the Getaway. Is the non-fancy, regular coffee that bad?

That will be disappointing to DH who hates Starbucks coffee and loves Lavazza, but I prefer the frappacinos that Starbucks makes although on a recent Oceania cruise they had amazing frozen coffee drinks from Lavazza. My question is, I've seen a lot of posts that say the "regular" (dining rooms, buffets, cafes) coffees are "bad" whatever that means (totally subjective) but enough people said it that DH is worried as he is a coffee-holic. We'll be on the Getaway. Is the non-fancy, regular coffee that bad?

The coffee is fine. But that is my opinion. I am not a frothy/flavored/capuccino gal; I like plain old strong coffee. Both the buffet coffee and the french press coffee on NCL serve me well.

We were on the Getaway in a balcony cabin, which featured a small single-cup coffee maker. It comes with a daily supply of Senseo coffee pods. Greatest thing since ... you could search for Lavazza coffee pods.

The coffee is fine. But that is my opinion. I am not a frothy/flavored/capuccino gal; I like plain old strong coffee. Both the buffet coffee and the french press coffee on NCL serve me well.

Where is the french press coffee served?