Celebrity's own transfers into Rome

HeddaGarbled

I've been following an excellent live blog from UKPete on his Constellation cruise and I noticed in one of the dailies that Celebrity are offering a transfer to "selected hotels" or the airport in Rome at the end of the cruise.

This isn't mentioned in the tour excursions info I've seen so far, so I'd assumed this was something that I would have to arrange myself. I've already decided that I'm not going to do the port shuttle followed by bus to train station followed by train - too stressful with luggage IMO.

Most options get cheaper per person, the bigger the party travelling, but we are a couple so would be paying top prices for private transfers. I've identified that there is a coach transfer at 9.30am on some days and was leaning towards this option. However, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for an easy to manage, guarranteed seat, Celebrity transfer. So, has anyone used it? Is it outrageously expensive? Will it drop us at or near Termini rail station?

I've already decided that I'm not going to do the port shuttle followed by bus to train station followed by train - too stressful with luggage IMO.

Most options get cheaper per person, the bigger the party travelling,

If I were in your shoes, ( I have been quite a few times,) I would go to your cruise's roll call. There you can probably team up with others on your cruise to share a private transfer.

A few good companies are:

Rome Cabs

Rome in Limo

Limo in Rome

You can find quite a few other companies by visiting the "Ports of Call" board. :)

Which cruise will you be on? If, by any chance, it’s June 16-23 on Constellation, check out our roll call. My sister and I are looking for someone to share a private car service with when our cruise ends in Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no reason to use Celebrity's (or any cruise lines) over priced transfers. Texed listed some great companies but I have used RomeCabs several times. They are very reliable, highly recommended and much less expensive than the ships large bus which requires you to leave at a specific time.

I think its around 120 Euro for a mercedes sedan to central Rome or Fiumicino Airport from Civitavecchia.

Thanks all, but do Celebrity really charge more than 60 Euro per person for their transfers? I've found a shuttle for 20 Euro, but if Celebrity's were 25-30, I'd probably use them for convenience and peace of mind. It's interesting that they don't advertise their transfers in the excursions info which makes me suspect that they really do charge an outrageous price. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me the exact amount.

OK so I got my answer from another thread: 75 dollars per person :eek:

If you go to “shore excursions” on the main page and then click shore excursion brochure it has all the transfer options and prices.

The transfer from the ship in Rome to the airport is 119 Euro PP, 2X as much as booking your own. Yes, they are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums