Customer service first?

momof4girls

i always book the cruises for us. Normally I use my own credit card but I used my husbands one time. Well we ended up canceling the cruise I used with his card, and I stupidly booked “early Saver” (which I never do) so we got hit with the $50 service fee per person. I got the email with the link to transfer the future cruise credit to a new booking. I thought I would go ahead and transfer it to the Liberty cruise I have coming up first.

Well, the canceled cruise was on the Panorama and I guess that ship is too new to be on the reimbursement form (has all ships except that one). Because of that, I called customer service to have it done over the phone and they wouldn’t do it. Instead they emailed me a form for my husband to fill out, and they want to charge another $20 fee for it. All because the card is in his name. That really makes no sense since we’re both on the booking.

From Carnival's Early Saver info:

• Future cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation.

We originally booked our upcoming cruise with another family, but they cancelled on us several months later. When we contacted our PVP to straighten it out, we found out that the customer service rep. who booked our cruise (we didn't have the PVP at the time of booking) put everything in my wife's sister in law's name, even though the deposits for both families were paid with my wife's credit card. When they cancelled on us, we considered cancelling too. If we had cancelled, and hadn't caught the error, all of the future cruise credits would've gone in the sister in law's name. I don't know how the rep. did what she did, but it took our PVP a while to fix it.

Do you have a PVP you can go through to make it easier and perhaps have the fee waived?

I don’t. :(

From Carnival's Early Saver info:

• Future cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation.

We originally booked our upcoming cruise with another family, but they cancelled on us several months later. When we contacted our PVP to straighten it out, we found out that the customer service rep. who booked our cruise (we didn't have the PVP at the time of booking) put everything in my wife's sister in law's name, even though the deposits for both families were paid with my wife's credit card. When they cancelled on us, we considered cancelling too. If we had cancelled, and hadn't caught the error, all of the future cruise credits would've gone in the sister in law's name. I don't know how the rep. did what she did, but it took our PVP a while to fix it.

Wow. Thank you for the info! I wonder if my husband was the one to call to transfer the credit if that would be ok, and they wouldn’t need to do the whole $20 fee?

Wow. Thank you for the info! I wonder if my husband was the one to call to transfer the credit if that would be ok, and they wouldn’t need to do the whole $20 fee?

You can call them and ask to be assigned a PVP :)

If you have a cruising friend who uses a pvp ask for recommendation. Good ones out there and some not so good

Unfortunately I do not. :( Nobody that I know, personally, takes cruises regularly. And the only people I know that have even taken one cruise, look down on Carnival and it’s cruisers. :rolleyes:

I’m thinking maybe I should just wait until they add the Panorama to the email link and go through that?

I would try this. It sounds to me like the fee is related to the transfer to you which you wouldn't need if he called. Once he has it transferred, then you could continue taking care of things like you normally do. In case you haven't heard lately, and you do decide to book, Carnival doesn't allow you to do online check-in and choose a check-in time until 3 months out.

Good luck with getting it worked out. Nobody likes to be fee'd to death. Carnival is starting to act like an airline with all the add-on fees they're charging, whether they're declared or not. I wonder if they'll start charging baggage fees next! :(