Free at Sea - Suites

tel2

Hi! I apologize if there are already threads on this, but I cannot find them. I just tried to book a 10 day on Gem from New York next March (2019), selected a forward Penthouse, and much to my surprise, site told me my TWO included free perks were wi-fi and excursion credit, and gave me the option to purchase the dining and alcohol package. I've always gotten all perks in a suite, even when not a haven suite (although I know Id have to pay gratuities. Is this a recent change? or a glitch? I tried different dates and it gave me the option to select all 4 perks, so I am thinking it is a glitch. Anyone know? I emailed them because I dont have time to call right now, but I thought I'd ask here.

Terry

You have the option of all the free at sea perks when in a suite - but you have to add the ones that have a “service fee” - and that’’s all that will be added to your fare when you check it. Not the full cost of the SDP or UBP.

yep, it threw me off at first as well, I also thought I only had two available, but once I saw you had to specially select and they were very clear about extra costs for the mandatory gratuities I think it makes sense - when I had first booked, these charges weren't as up front and I drove myself nuts trying to figure out what $200+ worth of "special services" was all about. Of course, "special services" could have been replaced by "20% surcharge on UBP and SDP" which would have also simplified things....

I am glad that they are more forthcoming about the fact that "FREE" doesn't mean $0 out of your pocket however. But $18/day is much less than $90/day!

Hi! I apologize if there are already threads on this, but I cannot find them. I just tried to book a 10 day on Gem from New York next March (2019), selected a forward Penthouse, and much to my surprise, site told me my TWO included free perks were wi-fi and excursion credit, and gave me the option to purchase the dining and alcohol package. I've always gotten all perks in a suite, even when not a haven suite (although I know Id have to pay gratuities. Is this a recent change? or a glitch? I tried different dates and it gave me the option to select all 4 perks, so I am thinking it is a glitch. Anyone know? I emailed them because I dont have time to call right now, but I thought I'd ask here. Terry

You get all 4 perks for free. BUT, you need to pay the gratuity on the Beverage and Dining package (20% of retail cost for the 10 days). That change went in to effect about a year ago.