Arrival 2 hours before boarding time

I just logged on to the new my cruises section of the Royal Caribbean website. I did the online check in. It was the first time I have ever chosen a time to board. I chose 10:30am. Then I noticed it said arrive no less than 2 hours before your scheduled boarding. So do I need to be there at 8:30?

Normally we just show up around 10:30 or 11 no matter what our boarding time is, but we have never chosen a time before.

Mycruises.thumb.png.8f4afcaf6e19ab75610351296d124b71.png

I just logged on to the new my cruises section of the Royal Caribbean website. I did the online check in. It was the first time I have ever chosen a time to board. I chose 10:30am. Then I noticed it said arrive no less than 2 hours before your scheduled boarding. So do I need to be there at 8:30?

Normally we just show up around 10:30 or 11 no matter what our boarding time is, but we have never chosen a time before.

Ignore it. Means nothing

RC has not been enforcing suggesting boarding times for cruises based out of the US.

I'm pretty sure that that is poor wording for "get to the port no later than two hours before the ship sails away."

I'm pretty sure that that is poor wording for "get to the port no later than two hours before the ship sails away."

Yes, somewhere I've read on RCCL paperwork -- Arrive no later than 2 hours prior to scheduled DEPARTURE (ie, sailaway) time