Coastal kitchen

HELLO,

I have a good friend going on the Oasis in a couple of months, I talked her into getting the JS as we loved it last month. I haven't used the Coastal Kitchen for dinner and she asked me if I could get hold of the new menu's for CK for her, does anybody have them? I tried googling them but cannot find the updated ones. Thank you.

HELLO,

I have a good friend going on the Oasis in a couple of months, I talked her into getting the JS as we loved it last month. I haven't used the Coastal Kitchen for dinner and she asked me if I could get hold of the new menu's for CK for her, does anybody have them? I tried googling them but cannot find the updated ones. Thank you.

I'm doing my first JS, what did you love about it? It doesn't seem like there's that many perks honestly.

Thank you I will send the email.

I loved the JS!! The perks is not why I got the cabin but mainly due to the fact my father in law had to learn to walk again due to having an illness and he was in rehab, the cruise was just 3 weeks after he came out of rehab and after my surgery so we decided the standard balcony cabin would not have enough space for my elderly father in law to use his walker and get around, so we paid extra and got two JS adjoining just in case dad needed us but fortunately, he didn't even use the walker when he stepped foot from the gangplank onto the ship!! Ha!

What I loved about it and now am very spoiled and glad our Oasis cruise in October we did get the JS again, for these reasons we loved it and it got us spoiled:

1- When you check in your go to suite check in at the terminal, alot faster check in for sure and they have you seated with the suites in a separate section and you board priority which is nice. Here they had pastries/cookies/juice/coffee and tea for us which was a nice touch as we left the hotel and don't eat breakfast.

2- The rooms are alot roomier so much room from where the end of the bed is to the wall

3- The standard balconies desk area only has three drawers this one had 3 huge ones plus 3 medium size ones and 3 smaller ones a total of 9 drawers to use.

4- The walk in closet is so pleasant to have, so much room hanging clothes, shelves in this closet just tons of storage room and a great place to put all your luggage. Basically you can put a cot in there and a person can sleep in there lol

You still remain to get the closet with the shelves and the safe. Honestly, we were only two people and didn't even use 60% of the space but it sure was nice not having to squish things in the closets and shelves as we have done having the regular balcony cabins. This is perfect for a family for sure!

5- I liked having the nice chair which was comfy and the little shelf that we had our coffee/tea pot on. Its nice to wake up and have coffee right there in your room when you want it.

6- I am no fan of the standard showers, I am not heavy by all means but I always found myself knocking into them when showering for some reason lol....although I prefer the shower doors over a standard shower curtain but this room had a huge deep nice tub which was a tub/shower combo and the rain showered this cabin had was very nice. I liked the upgraded toiletries a very good brand and I used them as they were quality.

7- The balcony is AMAZING, they are on humps we had the middle center hump so huge, so much room for a few people to be very comfortable, it had a nice high table that you actually can eat on instead of the lower ones on the standard balconies that you have to bend over to eat, the balcony had two nice chaise lounges and two nice chairs, so roomy so nice and I believe the door to go out of the cabin to balcony is a slider and you don't get that I believe (I can't recall actually) with the standard balcony cabins, it was alot easier to open/close.

8- We always found the standard balcony cabins even on the lowest setting at night to get warm, average of 73-74 degrees but this cabin has two AC vents in the ceiling and I tell you at night it was 68-69 at the coolest setting and we slept like babies and didn't feel hot at all for a second.

9- Coastal Kitchen is available for dinner only but we had the Ultimate Dining package and didn't try it but our next cruise we like to give it a try.

Honestly, I am spoiled, don't want to get a larger suite because in reality were only in there to sleep, shower and dress so no need of getting a larger room but this sure was roomy, comfy and real nice.

I do have a few questions to ask people if you can answer:

What time is breakfast in Coastal Kitchen and lunch? If CK closes at 10 there is no way my friend make it for breakfast so that would be a perk she doesn't get use of.

Thank you I will send the email.

I loved the JS!! The perks is not why I got the cabin but mainly due to the fact my father in law had to learn to walk again due to having an illness and he was in rehab, the cruise was just 3 weeks after he came out of rehab and after my surgery so we decided the standard balcony cabin would not have enough space for my elderly father in law to use his walker and get around, so we paid extra and got two JS adjoining just in case dad needed us but fortunately, he didn't even use the walker when he stepped foot from the gangplank onto the ship!! Ha!

What I loved about it and now am very spoiled and glad our Oasis cruise in October we did get the JS again, for these reasons we loved it and it got us spoiled:

1- When you check in your go to suite check in at the terminal, alot faster check in for sure and they have you seated with the suites in a separate section and you board priority which is nice. Here they had pastries/cookies/juice/coffee and tea for us which was a nice touch as we left the hotel and don't eat breakfast.

2- The rooms are alot roomier so much room from where the end of the bed is to the wall

3- The standard balconies desk area only has three drawers this one had 3 huge ones plus 3 medium size ones and 3 smaller ones a total of 9 drawers to use.

4- The walk in closet is so pleasant to have, so much room hanging clothes, shelves in this closet just tons of storage room and a great place to put all your luggage. Basically you can put a cot in there and a person can sleep in there lol

You still remain to get the closet with the shelves and the safe. Honestly, we were only two people and didn't even use 60% of the space but it sure was nice not having to squish things in the closets and shelves as we have done having the regular balcony cabins. This is perfect for a family for sure!

5- I liked having the nice chair which was comfy and the little shelf that we had our coffee/tea pot on. Its nice to wake up and have coffee right there in your room when you want it.

6- I am no fan of the standard showers, I am not heavy by all means but I always found myself knocking into them when showering for some reason lol....although I prefer the shower doors over a standard shower curtain but this room had a huge deep nice tub which was a tub/shower combo and the rain showered this cabin had was very nice. I liked the upgraded toiletries a very good brand and I used them as they were quality.

7- The balcony is AMAZING, they are on humps we had the middle center hump so huge, so much room for a few people to be very comfortable, it had a nice high table that you actually can eat on instead of the lower ones on the standard balconies that you have to bend over to eat, the balcony had two nice chaise lounges and two nice chairs, so roomy so nice and I believe the door to go out of the cabin to balcony is a slider and you don't get that I believe (I can't recall actually) with the standard balcony cabins, it was alot easier to open/close.

8- We always found the standard balcony cabins even on the lowest setting at night to get warm, average of 73-74 degrees but this cabin has two AC vents in the ceiling and I tell you at night it was 68-69 at the coolest setting and we slept like babies and didn't feel hot at all for a second.

9- Coastal Kitchen is available for dinner only but we had the Ultimate Dining package and didn't try it but our next cruise we like to give it a try.

Honestly, I am spoiled, don't want to get a larger suite because in reality were only in there to sleep, shower and dress so no need of getting a larger room but this sure was roomy, comfy and real nice.

I do have a few questions to ask people if you can answer:

What time is breakfast in Coastal Kitchen and lunch? If CK closes at 10 there is no way my friend make it for breakfast so that would be a perk she doesn't get use of.

We are booked in a junior suite and from what I understand, a junior suite only has access to the Coastal Kitchen for dinner, not breakfast or lunch. Higher booked suites have access to the CK all day.

HELLO,

Just got off Oasis this past Sunday. Dinner menus have not changed. They are the same as when I was on board Oct 2017 & Jan 2018.

Thanks, but I also can't find the older menus...and yes, I understand CK is only for dinner for JS but my friend is thinking of changing her cabin and going for a higher suite.

As for myself in the JS, the breakfast wouldn't be good as it closes too early, I generally eat breakfast around 10:30 and I doubt CK be open for breakfast then, on another note, is there a menu breakfast or a buffet? Curious.

Thanks, but I also can't find the older menus...and yes, I understand CK is only for dinner for JS but my friend is thinking of changing her cabin and going for a higher suite.

As for myself in the JS, the breakfast wouldn't be good as it closes too early, I generally eat breakfast around 10:30 and I doubt CK be open for breakfast then, on another note, is there a menu breakfast or a buffet? Curious.

There is a menu for breakfast.

My late husband and I splurged about 10 years ago and got a JS for our 30th anniversary. We really enjoyed the extra room and limited perks that come with those cabins (larger room, tub and shower, larger closet and balcony, etc.). We found out, though, that the JS is not considered a "true" suite as far as perks go, but my husband didn't want to go any higher or expensive than the JS. Last year, my daughter, cousin, and I really splurged when we sailed on the Allure in a GS for the first anniversary of my husband's passing. The difference was amazing and, we felt, worth the extra cost. The room and balcony are MUCH larger. There was so much storage (shelves, drawers, and cabinets) that the three of us didn't use it all. The bathroom is HUGE with double sinks, tub/shower, marble/granite counters, lots of storage and floor space. GS and above are considered "true suites" and come with all day access to CK, free VOOM (internet), suites concierge service, reserved seating at all shows, priority boarding and debarkation, preferential treatment for MTD in the MDR. I am sure there are a number of other perks that I am forgetting, but you get the picture. We loved it so much that my daughter and I (cousin can't make this time) are booked in a GS on the Allure again this August. I understand your love of the JS, but I truly think if you ever tried the GS, you would love it even more. The perks really made the extra money worth it for us.

I agree with you Sushi, As frugal as I am, a GS or above is what we prefer. We usually cruise on Celebrity where Sky Suites are equivalent to JS on RCI but receive full suite benefits that all of the other higher suites receive. Butler and all.

We were looking to splurge for a suite for our anniversary in October. We mostly sail on Celebrity but love the Allure. We found that we could book a Grand Suite on the Allure for $130 p.p. per day less than the Sky Suite on Celebrity. The promotion gave us $200 obc and prepaid gratuities. Since internet is included, the only difference is Celebrity offered an extra $100 obc and the premium drink package. Though we normally don't take a drink package, if we would, with the daily rate being $57, with our Diamond discount, we would still be saving $73 per person, per day, or a grand total of almost $1,000 for the week. Throw in the bigger room, bigger balcony and priority seating for the shows, it was an easy call.

I think the prices of SS on X have sky rocketed since all of the perks are included. But I am patient and can usually snag a good deal. And I saw some amazing prices on GS on Oasis, probably a little less than a SS on X. Yup, gotta shop around and find the bargains!

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. Sounds like we're in for a treat.