Jewel itinerary change and OBC

FYI, last minute change.

In order to conduct maintenance, which requires additional port time, the ships’ itinerary has been adjusted. Please note that this maintenance work does not impact the safe operation of the ship. The safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority. The ship will now overnight in Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan on May 6, 2018 and will no longer call on Shimizu, Japan on May 7, 2018.

As a goodwill gesture and demonstration of our concern, we are extending a $100 per person non-refundable onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure onboard, excluding service charges.

For me the OBC and overnight works okay-ish.

But I guess that will be a bad start for some guests with special plans in Shimizu and extra stress again for the staff. We will see how that works out and what the reviews for the cruise will say.

FYI, last minute change.

But I guess that will be a bad start for some guests with special plans in Shimizu and extra stress again for the staff. We will see how that works out and what the reviews for the cruise will say.

Based on our experience and on Jewel's record per most of the reviews here in CC, NOT sure if their staff can handle this additional stress. Maintenance issues were about the only thing that was NOT our concern when we were aboard the Jewel. The ship was always clean and never had any delays or mechanical issues. That was about the only thing we liked about it. Full Stop.

That was about the only thing we liked about it.

In the last year we have done 68 days on the Jewel and have loved every one and looking forward to the next 20 starting on Sunday even with the change. The crew are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble; treat them well and they treat you likewise.

That was about the only thing we liked about it.

In the last year we have done 68 days on the Jewel and have loved every one and looking forward to the next 20 starting on Sunday even with the change. The crew are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble; treat them well and they treat you likewise.

We did and that was why we felt their morale was so low. Never in a cruise did I ever meet staff members wanting/requesting to be transferred elsewhere. It was sad really since most of them were in the supervisory level but were stressed out and lost without much supervision.

I am happy you enjoyed your cruise. I wish we could say the same. Our experience in the Jewel was so different as compared to our cruises aboard the Star and the Pearl with NCL and miles away from our experiences aboard Princess and Celebrity. The Jewel experience was the closest to home, the shortest and unfortunately for us, the worst. I do hope they improve and the management of the ship wakes up for everyone's sake.

I doubt that a simple itinerary change is going to ruin anybody’s cruise or send the crew over the edge. I’ve read a few reviews/posts about Jewel’s season to Australia and back as if it was some king of tragedy at sea. We were on a 2 week cruise in November out of Sydney to NZ. The cruise was great, the staff attentive and friendly, the ship was in good shape, and our fellow guests fun. We heard no grumbling from fellow passengers, nor any gripes or complaints from the crew. I simply don’t get it. Granted we’ve only sailed NCL 20 times, so it’s possible we’re not as experienced as some other cruise critics.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve done 50 days on the Jewel since the Tahiti to Sydney cruise back in November and just completed my 4th cruise last week, April 28th. I have loved every one of the Jewel cruises. I loved the ship, the atmosphere onboard, the itineraries and I found the crew to be friendly, helpful and fun. I had a wonderful time on all 4 cruises. I would go back on the next cruise, May 6th, but going to Seattle is not in my travel plans. I’m looking forward to cruising on the Jade during the Northern Hemisphere Summer season and when the Jewel returns next season I definitely plan on doing more cruises onboard the Jade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt that a simple itinerary change is going to ruin anybody’s cruise or send the crew over the edge.

I would disagree with that. When reading a lot of negative reviews, not specific to the Jewel or NCL cruises, you can often find that one negative incident, regardless if it was even NCLs fault, at the beginning of the trip gets the whole experience a negative touch.

But as you have the experience with so many cruises what do I know.

....when the Jewel returns next season I definitely plan on doing more cruises onboard the Jade.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS but we know what you mean!!

Mike

Ha! Ha! Perhaps I should have stated for the Summer Season Down Under! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums