Celebrity and Azumara loyalty schemes

eileenover

Hi

We'll be Elite Plus after our next X cruise, 2019. We'd like to do an Azumara cruise to Cuba in 2020.

a) Do we accrue points on the Azumara cruise that will be added to our X balance?

b) How will Azumara reward our Elite Plus X status? What are the benefits?

Thanks.

All RCI brands - RCCL, Celebrity, and Azamara - have reciprocity regarding various tier levels, which means that you will receive the tier benefits aligned with the level you are on with one when sailing on another.

However, the points earned on each sailing remain accrued with the line you are cruising on. In other words you will receive similar tier benefits cruising on each but the points remain with the actual line you are on at the time. The points do not accumulate as a total amount of all three in one account - they remain separate with each line.

Here is the breakdown of tier level benefits reciprocity with each program. This is from the Celebrity Captains Club, so the level identified in each group in bold type is the Celebrity tier level. The other comparative tiers are listed with each by cruise line:

The following Celebrity program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

• Preview
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Preview

[*]Classic

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Adventurer

[*]Select

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Explorer
    • Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society: Platinum

[*]Elite

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer
    • Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society: Diamond

[*]Elite Plus

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Plus

[*]Zenith

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Platinum

It should be noted that RCI Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle are all Elite on Celebrity, and Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith are all Diamond on RCI.

You would have to go to each cruise line's loyalty website to see what benefits are associated with each tier.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Though it has often been suggested [for years now] that the practice may stop, Cruise Points continue to cross-accumulate between Celebrity and Azamara... As an Elite + member of Celebrity's Captain's Club, you will be a Discoverer + member of Azamara's Le Club Voyage...

You will find a summary of the benefits associated with Le Club Voyage membership--by tier--here...

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits...

Depending upon what's important to you, Azamara's membership benefits on a comparative basis--particularly with respect to lesser internet [if not sailing in a Suite] and laundry allowances [in all cabin categories]--are quite different than those offered by Celebrity... Azamara has no reason to offer things like the nightly cocktail hour [all Azamara cruise fares include a basic alcohol package] or specialty coffees [the offerings (other than Nespresso) at Mosaic--Azamara's venue comparable to Celebrity's Café Al Bacio--are also included in your cruise fare]...

You may want to do a comparison between the two programs... You'll find a summary of Captain's Club benefits by membership level here...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Ummmm. Check that again. I think Azamara points DO combine with Captain’s Club. Royal C&A points do not.

Though it has often been suggested [for years now] that the practice may stop, Cruise Points continue to cross-accumulate between Celebrity and Azamara... As an Elite + member of Celebrity's Captain's Club, you will be a Discoverer + member of Azamara's Le Club Voyage...

You will find a summary of the benefits associated with Le Club Voyage membership--by tier--here...

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits...

Depending upon what's important to you, Azamara's membership benefits on a comparative basis--particularly with respect to lesser internet [if not sailing in a Suite] and laundry allowances [in all cabin categories]--are quite different than those offered by Celebrity... Azamara has no reason to offer things like the nightly cocktail hour [all Azamara cruise fares include a basic alcohol package] or specialty coffees [the offerings (other than Nespresso) at Mosaic--Azamara's venue comparable to Celebrity's Café Al Bacio--are also included in your cruise fare]...

You may want to do a comparison between the two programs... You'll find a summary of Captain's Club benefits by membership level here...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Thanks for the correction. I was not aware that was still the case regarding Azamara.

All RCI brands - RCCL, Celebrity, and Azamara - have reciprocity regarding various tier levels, which means that you will receive the tier benefits aligned with the level you are on with one when sailing on another.

However, the points earned on each sailing remain accrued with the line you are cruising on. In other words you will receive similar tier benefits cruising on each but the points remain with the actual line you are on at the time. The points do not accumulate as a total amount of all three in one account - they remain separate with each line.

Here is the breakdown of tier level benefits reciprocity with each program. This is from the Celebrity Captains Club, so the level identified in each group in bold type is the Celebrity tier level. The other comparative tiers are listed with each by cruise line:

The following Celebrity program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

• Preview
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Preview

[*]Classic

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Adventurer

[*]Select

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Explorer
    • Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society: Platinum

[*]Elite

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer

[*]Elite Plus

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Plus

[*]Zenith

• Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Platinum

It should be noted that RCI Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle are all Elite on Celebrity, and Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith are all Diamond on RCI.

You would have to go to each cruise line's loyalty website to see what benefits are associated with each tier.

Please see my post above... And cruisestitch is correct; Cruise Points do cross-accumulate between Celebrity and Azamara... Loyalty integration between Celebrity's Captain's Club and Azamara's Le Club Voyage is very different than the limited reciprocity/tier recognition--with no cross-accumulation of Cruise Points--that exists between either Captain's Club/Le Club Voyage and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society... A Crown & Anchor member with Diamond, Diamond +, or Pinnacle tier status is recognized as Elite by Celebrity or Discoverer by Azamara...

When Celebrity cruisers sail Azamara [or vice versa]...

• Elite membership on Celebrity equates to Discoverer membership on Azamara...
  • Elite + membership on Celebrity equates to Discoverer + membership on Azamara...
  • Zenith membership on Celebrity equates to Discoverer Platinum membership on Azamara...

The benefits associated with those membership tiers vary significantly between Celebrity and Azamara...

Wow! You guys were straight on it! Great! Thanks for your help!

I too am glad to have helped... As it turned out, my last post was probably redundant as others clarified while I was still writing!

I too am glad to have helped... As it turned out, my last post was probably redundant as others clarified while I was still writing!

Interesting and surprised that they have maintained the status quo of accumulation of points between brands. This goes back to when the Azamara ships were acquired initially as Celebrity ships. They even had the one ship replace either Horizon or Zenith in Bermuda one summer after people had already booked H or Z. They were just transferred over to the Journey and as a bit of an aside that was the only time that one of the soon to be Azamara Ships actually had children's programs. I think many thought that they would continue the points accumulation until after everyone who had sailed booking under Celebrity had completed their sailing which would take a couple of years. They never did it and who knows why. Shortly after that summer they made Azamara a separate line.

Interesting and surprised that they have maintained the status quo of accumulation of points between brands. This goes back to when the Azamara ships were acquired initially as Celebrity ships. They even had the one ship replace either Horizon or Zenith in Bermuda one summer after people had already booked H or Z. They were just transferred over to the Journey and as a bit of an aside that was the only time that one of the soon to be Azamara Ships actually had children's programs. I think many thought that they would continue the points accumulation until after everyone who had sailed booking under Celebrity had completed their sailing which would take a couple of years. They never did it and who knows why. Shortly after that summer they made Azamara a separate line.

I'd been told that, during the period in which Dan Hanrahan served as leader of both lines [dating back to when the two R-Class ships were originally acquired/Azamara was quickly formed as a separate line rather than as an adjunct to Celebrity], he wanted to facilitate guest movement between the two...

Leadership has changed but Azamara still uses Celebrity's loyalty accounting system, Don... When Celebrity added the Elite + and Zenith membership tiers in November 2013, Azamara immediately followed suit [but did not redefine benefits until January 1, 2015; during 2014, Discoverer + and Discoverer Platinum members continued to receive Celebrity Elite benefits] with the same Cruise Credit to Cruise Point conversion for prior cruises, the same approach to determining future Cruise Point accruals, and the same tier point thresholds for each of the membership levels... The two lines have always shared--and still share--Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage membership numbers...

Given the IS issues that both lines face [if one can believe it, the Azamara website has--to my mind--far more challenges than the Celebrity website does], I suspect that Azamara's development of a dedicated loyalty accounting system has not received any sort of funding/resource priority... To this day, an Azamara cruiser needs to log into My Celebrity--even if he/she has never sailed Celebrity--to get one's cruise history and LCV status!

I'd been told that, during the period in which Dan Hanrahan served as leader of both lines [dating back to when the two R-Class ships were originally acquired/Azamara was quickly formed as a separate line rather than as an adjunct to Celebrity], he wanted to facilitate guest movement between the two...

Leadership has changed but Azamara still uses Celebrity's loyalty accounting system, Don... When Celebrity added the Elite + and Zenith membership tiers in November 2013, Azamara immediately followed suit [but did not redefine benefits until January 1, 2015; during 2014, Discoverer + and Discoverer Platinum members continued to receive Celebrity Elite benefits] with the same Cruise Credit to Cruise Point conversion for prior cruises, the same approach to determining future Cruise Point accruals, and the same tier point thresholds for each of the membership levels... The two lines have always shared--and still share--Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage membership numbers...

Given the IS issues that both lines face [if one can believe it, the Azamara website has--to my mind--far more challenges than the Celebrity website does], I suspect that Azamara's development of a dedicated loyalty accounting system has not received any sort of funding/resource priority... To this day, an Azamara cruiser needs to log into My Celebrity--even if he/she has never sailed Celebrity--to get one's cruise history and LCV status!

It was only about 6 months or so after they acquired the ships that they established Azamara. Very quick. Interesting about the IT, didn’t know that but have never really followed Azamara.

I do remember the Journey taking the ships place in the summer though, it was shortly after that they announced Azamara. Lots of discussion on this board at the time as you can imagine.