Muste Stations

New version of my SetSail Pass from TA has muster drill station assignment. A note was attached that I should go to guest relations on boarding and have it changed to the same one as others in my group. I might need to take grandchildren to muster station in an emergency. I wondered about this. Is there a special Muster station for scooters? I will be using one, so wondered if assigned a different one due to that. Muster Station is EO1 on the Allure.

New version of my SetSail Pass from TA has muster drill station assignment. A note was attached that I should go to guest relations on boarding and have it changed to the same one as others in my group. I might need to take grandchildren to muster station in an emergency. I wondered about this. Is there a special Muster station for scooters? I will be using one, so wondered if assigned a different one due to that. Muster Station is EO1 on the Allure.

Not sure that you can change muster stations. They are very definite based on lifeboat capacity. In an emergency your grandchildren would go to their assigned muster station - are they in your cabin? If so you would have the same muster station.

Not sure how scooters are handled in an actual emergency. For the drill handicapped are usually offered a separate or interior location as a group to review muster procedures.

My R disappeared when I posted! TA just gave me these instructions. I will not separate a 3 and 4 year old from the only adult with them. If I am the one with them and there will be times they will be with me w/o their parents, even times their parents will be off the ship. Older kids 7-11 not such an issue. Our cabins are located near each other and all other cabins in our party are assigned the same muster station. I assume might be because I am in an accessible cabin and using a scooter. TA called Royal and these are instructions given. Since I can walk and stand some I question weather to ignore the TAs instructions and skip the issue, but what if I am with the little ones and something comes up. They either go with me or I go with them. In a real emergency if all 7 are with me till I reunite them with a parent or another adult in our party, we will all stay together. The parents will also know my muster station if we do not change it.

My R disappeared when I posted! TA just gave me these instructions. I will not separate a 3 and 4 year old from the only adult with them. If I am the one with them and there will be times they will be with me w/o their parents, even times their parents will be off the ship. Older kids 7-11 not such an issue. Our cabins are located near each other and all other cabins in our party are assigned the same muster station. I assume might be because I am in an accessible cabin and using a scooter. TA called Royal and these are instructions given. Since I can walk and stand some I question weather to ignore the TAs instructions and skip the issue, but what if I am with the little ones and something comes up. They either go with me or I go with them. In a real emergency if all 7 are with me till I reunite them with a parent or another adult in our party, we will all stay together. The parents will also know my muster station if we do not change it.

I know your intentions are good but in an emergency, if the children are assigned to different muster stations, they will not be allowed to stay with you. You will all be required to go to your assigned muster stations.

In an emergency if children are not with their parents, in Adventure Ocean, for example, the staff are responsible for getting them to their muster station. Muster station I think is identified on their bracelet that they wear.

When you board perhaps you need to ask when the kids' bracelets are issued as to what the rules are.

No clue about scooters, but question... You say it is on your SetSail Pass - is it the letter in the little grey box?

Light grey box says muster station and E01 is under the words. Was not on the earlier setsail pass I printed up so if she had not given me another would not know.

Light grey box says muster station and E01 is under the words. Was not on the earlier setsail pass I printed up so if she had not given me another would not know.

Interesting. I just printed mine earlier in the week, but it just has a little P in a grey box.

Hope y’all don’t mind me asking a similar question.

Last month, we cruised the FOS out of Port Everglades. It was the cruise that was delayed several hours due to a bomb scare. So I’m sure they wanted everything to go quickly.

Our extended family’s cabins were scattered all over the ship. Only my husband and mine and my mother-in-law’s and 9-year old granddaughter’s were close. We had connecting cabins and the same muster station.

My youngest daughter and her husband’s cabin (granddaughter’s parents) were on another deck and my eldest daughter and her husband’s cabin was still on another deck. Yes, I realized that my granddaughter would be separated from her parents during an emergency. But we take care of her enough

Anyway, my granddaughter was with my eldest daughter (her aunt, not her mother) when the muster signal sounded. My daughter and son-in-law took my granddaughter to her assigned station. By that time, my mother-in-law was already at the station (we followed close behind), so it wasn’t like there was no one there for her. Yet RCCL allowed my daughter and son-in-law to stay with us?

I didn’t think that was allowed. But, I know they wanted muster done quickly.

I know your intentions are good but in an emergency, if the children are assigned to different muster stations, they will not be allowed to stay with you. You will all be required to go to your assigned muster stations.

If I am alone with them I will take them to their station first and unless are off the ship other adults in our party will be there for them. Then I will go to mine. Highly unlikely of happening. Just wanted to know if anyone is aware of how they do things. Royal did say to go to guest services and be changed to same one as my party. I just wanted to see if that seemed unreasonable to do that. TA did not think would be an issue. She just hated she could not do it herself at this point, possibly as sailing so soon. I was going to ignore her instructions then realized that at least in 2 ports I will be onboard with the children by myself. Yes, I know if in kids club will be taken to their station but I will be checking them out for lunch and anything else they want on those days. I likely will have some kids with me in my cabin from time to time also so I need to think it through before I ignore instructions given. OF course, if there ia a good reason I am in a different muster station, I would not presume to press the issue. I might have a hard time finding their muster station to deliver kids to, wrist band or not.

Hope y’all don’t mind me asking a similar question.

Last month, we cruised the FOS out of Port Everglades. It was the cruise that was delayed several hours due to a bomb scare. So I’m sure they wanted everything to go quickly.

Anyway, my granddaughter was with my eldest daughter (her aunt, not her mother) when the muster signal sounded. My daughter and son-in-law took my granddaughter to her assigned station. By that time, my mother-in-law was already at the station (we followed close behind), so it wasn’t like there was no one there for her. Yet RCCL allowed my daughter and son-in-law to stay with us?

I didn’t think that was allowed. But, I know they wanted muster done quickly.

I could be wrong, as this is just a guess, but I would assume they have the ability to count/scan when they check you in at your muster station. You were not deploying to lifeboats where seats are counted, so although an emergency it did not require lifeboat space and therefore they allowed them to stay. Just a guess. They probably notified their muster station that they had two of their passengers.