Future Cruise Deposit/Credits

Australia08

We usually buy 2 or 3 each when we cruise. We have 3 cruises booked and only 1 FCD apiece left so we will be purchasing at least 2 more each when we sail in November. Love the low deposit and the OBC.

I suggest that you keep at least one more than the maximum cruises you “think” you would ever take in a year.

I wholeheartedly agree. We once ran out and were fortunate that we could do a BVE to buy more. Another time we though that we had enough but booked more cruises than we had FCD. One simply can't have too many.

Can someone give me the basic info on the FCD please. I've tried to find the info on the Princess site and can't find it. How do you buy them, how much are they and can they be moved to another cruise if you change your plans? Thanks

Tai

$100 ea. You buy them onboard at the future cruise desk. There are forms to fill out and put in a box during your cruise. At some point you will get confirmation for the expense. You have to use a credit card, they will not be added to your onboard account.

They are good for 2 years...if not used Princess will refund them. They are part of the Captain's Circle program.

Once you have one or more in your account, they will show up in your Cruise Personalizer when you login to your account on Princess.com.

If you cancel a cruise they are reentered into your account and you can use them on another sailing....UNLESS....you have used them for a sailing with non-refundable deposit. If you cancel such a cruise the FCD goes bye-bye.

Thank you for the info.

We will go on a cruise in 2019. When I buy one is there OBC with it? If so, can the OBC be applied toward a later cruise we may book soon when the 2020 schedules come out? Thanks

Tai

You buy them when you are onboard.

Among all the junk mail you get in your letter slot outside the door keep an eye out for the FCD form.

Fill it in and drop it off in the box outside the future cruise sales office.

Or if you can't wait for the form I'm sure you can just see the cruise sales person onboard to organise one.

They are $100 each in a few different currencies.

You have two years to book a cruise. If you don't book a cruise during this time you will receive a refund cheque.

The bill is added to your your board account. You can select the amount of FCD on the form you want for each person in your cabin.

If you do book a cruise the $100 is your deposit for the cruise and no futher amount is needed until the final payment is due.

You get onboard credit for your cruise if you book it with a FCD. It depends on the length of a cruise and what type of cabin.

For example11-16 days inside/window $75 and a balcony/suite $100. 17 plus days in a window $125 in a balcony $150.

The amount is per person not per cabin.

Therefore on a b2b cruise if you book using 2 FCD (each) you can easily get $400 credit between you.

I have cancelled a cruise that had a FFD on it and because it was still in date I used it to book another cruise.

Make sure that you cancel any cruise 6 months before they sail if you want your FCD back otherwise you will lose your $100.

I hope this is all correct but if not please feel free to correct me if I have given incorrect information.:)

I can already see a mistake in my posting .

Yes Thinfool is right they are charged to your credit card.

My memory is not what it used to be.

I think I need a cruise to give it time to rest.

You may call Princess and extend the expiration of the FCC for an additional two years, if you aren’t going to be able to book a cruise prior to the original two year expiration.

Good information as we like to have a few FCD up our sleeve just in case we want to book a B2B.

Thanks.

They no longer extend the FCC past the original first two years any more. Bummer

This is true, if you call Princess and ask for the extra two years.

The answer may be very different if you send a nicely worded email to the Captains Circle folks...it was for me a few months ago.

So- Princess finds ways to get you to spend more money onboard and then put limits on when you have to use it or loose it. We travel once a year but not always a cruise so this is not our thing.

Tai

???? There is no 'losing' it. If you don't use it you get it back.

???? There is no 'losing' it. If you don't use it you get it back.

I apologize, I forgot that part. Thank you for reminding me of that.

I'll give it some thought when we're on our next cruise.

Thanks-

Tai

I have purchased them on board for the past few years, I thought if you just fill out the form and drop it in the box, the amount would be added to your on board account. Anyway, I don't want to add that amount to my on board account, so I look for an " open window" where the FCC is not that busy, and I go down and give my other credit card to be used for payment for the FCD. Only last time my DH got the email confirmation and I didn't, even though I use my email not his for communication. SO, I had to check my credit card and Princess account to make sure I was credited correctly.

To try to tie the above info into a neat bundle:

FCD are $100 each. That $100 FCD can be used as the total deposit on a future cruise. If it asks for 10% or 20% or whatever as deposit it doesn't matter. Your $100 FCD covers the full deposit (but not the cash amount - it covers the deposit but only gets you $100 off the cruise fare). Each person should apply a FCD to cover their deposit. Using more than one each reduces the cost of the cruise but gets no other benefit.

Purchasing FCD requires use of a credit card. There is a box on the form that will allow you to have it charged automagically to the same credit card you have on file for your cruise expenses if you like.

By using the FCD as your deposit you will get OBC (On Board Credit) to be used on the cruise. The amount varies by the type of cabin and length of cruise as shown below:

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

If not used within 2 years of purchase the $100 will be returned to you. Be careful. Many people have reported that it's returned in an envelope that doesn't appear to have anything at all to do with Princess and looks a bit like junk mail even though it contains your reimbursement check. There is really no downside to purchasing the FCD - unless you don't pay off your credit card and end up paying interest on the purchase.