Conflicting Information on Transferring my Group from HAL to a TA

SLOTheta

Hello,

I read through all the various threads back to 2014 on transferring your booking from HAL to a TA of your choice. The consensus was there isn’t a problem. I’ve been working with a big box membership TA to set up my group. But, they only want to deal with me and forms all sent via fax. I really don’t want to gather up all my groups questions and be the person as the go between. I also don’t have easy access to a fax machine and bring the messenger is a bit of a pain. I would prefer to set up my group with HAL, and if I like the service and pricing I’ll stay. But, I would like the option to take my group to some other agent if I’m not getting the service I need, or if the incentives are that much more substantial with an outside agency. The big box store said individual bookings can easily be transferred, but he warned against a group transfer and HAL may not let me, or that if I do transfer, I may not get the incentives that the big box store gives in OBC. Which seems strange to me.

Besides an individual booking transfer, has anyone transferred a group booking from HAL to an outside travel agency? Did you lose any benefits of the group or OBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

I read through all the various threads back to 2014 on transferring your booking from HAL to a TA of your choice. The consensus was there isn’t a problem. I’ve been working with a big box membership TA to set up my group. But, they only want to deal with me and forms all sent via fax. I really don’t want to gather up all my groups questions and be the person as the go between. I also don’t have easy access to a fax machine and bring the messenger is a bit of a pain. I would prefer to set up my group with HAL, and if I like the service and pricing I’ll stay. But, I would like the option to take my group to some other agent if I’m not getting the service I need, or if the incentives are that much more substantial with an outside agency. The big box store said individual bookings can easily be transferred, but he warned against a group transfer and HAL may not let me, or that if I do transfer, I may not get the incentives that the big box store gives in OBC. Which seems strange to me.

Besides an individual booking transfer, has anyone transferred a group booking from HAL to an outside travel agency? Did you lose any benefits of the group or OBC?

Why not just ask HAL about what is involved with transferring a group booking to a TA? I certainly wouldn't uncritically accept your TA's warning, as their conflict of interest is obvious.

Who does business by fax? I email my TA and call her.

Roz

The biggest club membership big box store will only take booking information by fax. We can communicate via email, but any changes in bookings, the TA wants a faxed form

Why not just ask HAL about what is involved with transferring a group booking to a TA? I certainly wouldn't uncritically accept your TA's warning, as their conflict of interest is obvious.

Isn’t the same conflict of interest lie with the HAL PCC since they would get the booking credit if we stay with them? I understand PCC’s get credit for setting the bookings up, and then another credit (for bonuses) if the travelers actually take the cruise.

I did ask the HAL PCC, she said their typically aren’t problems with transferring groups. But, she usually deals with individual transfers out and not group transfers.