2 people with separate arrivals for check in

CatsinShow

I'm a bit annoyed at this (not at Carnival but about this girl I was assigned to room with). I checked in a few days ago to get the 12:30 check in time. I coordinated with the girl who I am sharing the cabin with (this was a part of a group package where they assigned roommates for this particular voyage) and she said she needs to do the 2:30 check in but to just check in earlier than me and that she would check in later.

I went to print my luggage tag and boarding pass (had it printed before but I misplaced it) and low and behold, my 12:30 check in now has somehow became 2:30.

My plan was to at check in at 11:00 to ideally get on the ship by 1:00 to have lunch and relax before it gets crowded.

If I show up at 11, am I going to have to wait longer since the boarding pass now says 2:30 and not 12:30?

I'm so angry at this girl and now I'm sharing a room with her for 3 nights.

Can you just change back to your first choice check-in time? Or has it already filled up?

As far as what will happen if you show up early -- it seems to depend on how strict they are about staggering the check-in times. Some ports don't seem to mind if you are early; others make you wait outside until your time to check-in.

As mentioned above, if you are unable to go into your booking and change your arrival appointment back to 12:30, then you likely will not be allowed in the terminal until 2:30.

I am curious: are you and your roommate on the same booking (I assume so) or are you and she on separate reservations? Or is the entire group on the same booking?

I am unable to change the time. I don't know why my booking time changed to 2:30 after I already checked in since I just checked in for myself and not as a group.

We have the same booking information I believe. Not sure if everyone (40 people total) has the same booking #.

This is out of Long Beach. Am I stuck now having to kill more time because the b changed the time?

I am unable to change the time. I don't know why my booking time changed to 2:30 after I already checked in since I just checked in for myself and not as a group.

We have the same booking information I believe. Not sure if everyone (40 people total) has the same booking #.

This is out of Long Beach. Am I stuck now having to kill more time because the b changed the time?

Do you know for sure your roommate changed the arrival appointment to 2:30? If so, it's odd that she could change it after you had already selected a time. If the entire group is on the same reservation, it could have been anyone of the 40 or it may have been a time that Carnival (or your group coordinator) picked to try and accommodate everyone. Regardless, if you cannot change the arrival time, then you will likely be stuck waiting until 2:30 unless the agents in Long Beach are feeling charitable that day and let you in early. :(

Just one last thought: you didn't say when your cruise departs, so if you keep checking back between now and embarkation day, an earlier time slot may open and you can change your appointment time. That happened with us a few months ago - when I selected our original time, 12:30 was the earliest available but when I checked back several weeks later, the 11:30 slot was opened so I changed to 11:30.

I just called Carnival. I spoke to the first rep who said that because the wench changed the time to 2:30 that I could potentially have to wait to 2:30 instead of 12:30. I found the original boarding pass deep inside my purse when trying to find my ATM card. My paper boarding says 12:30. The rep said to do a print preview to see the time and it said 2:30. She said that she thinks I will be okay sticking to the time that I had checked in but that she wasn't sure. I asked to speak to someone else for a 2nd opinion and got disconnected while waiting so I called back. That rep assured me that when I check in they wouldn't give me a hard time.

2 opinions...2 different answers.

I’m sure she didn’t realize that when she changed her check in time it would also change yours. Please don’t be negative or angry with her that’s no way to start a cruise. Just go have fun don’t be mean and nasty to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m sure she didn’t realize that when she changed her check in time it would also change yours. Please don’t be negative or angry with her that’s no way to start a cruise. Just go have fun don’t be mean and nasty to her.

she knew.

I just called Carnival. I spoke to the first rep who said that because the wench changed the time to 2:30 that I could potentially have to wait to 2:30 instead of 12:30. I found the original boarding pass deep inside my purse when trying to find my ATM card. My paper boarding says 12:30. The rep said to do a print preview to see the time and it said 2:30. She said that she thinks I will be okay sticking to the time that I had checked in but that she wasn't sure. I asked to speak to someone else for a 2nd opinion and got disconnected while waiting so I called back. That rep assured me that when I check in they wouldn't give me a hard time.

The Carnival reps (not PVPs) don't know much about the ports. The port employees don't work for any cruise line, they work for the port authority and just follow the rules and regulations of said cruise lines. (Some better than others.) Do not assume that what the reps told you is what the port employees will do.

As long as you have a boarding pass in hand that says 12:30, you will be aloud to enter the terminal at 12:30 Hope you have a great cruise.

Guard this paper with your life!!

If the port employee inside the building says anything about your actual time being 2:00, say what my husband's dear aunt, of blessed memory, always said: "I don't understand." Keep referring to your Boarding Pass time and say those three words again. Pretend that you have no idea what 2:00 is, you know nothing about your cabin mate's time, and repeat the words.

She knew as we did email about it before hand. She said she couldn't do anything early but that I should check in when I want so I told her I checked in for 12:30. I then go on today and see she did 2:30.

I might just do the drink package now but naturally she doesn't want to buy it.

That doesn’t mean she knew it would change the time you selected. How would she know? You discussed doing different times. Would seem reasonable that one would think you could have different times.

You have boarding pass with time you wanted, that will get you on then. No harm no foul. Try to let it go and give her the benefit of the doubt, for yourself if nothing else. Being angry will sour your experience.

If you have a boarding pass that says 12:30 then just bring that with you and they should let you on the boat

Sorry the other party changed it she may not have realized it would affect your check in time so do try and give her the benefit of the doubt not all people read everything as they are going along

I realize your not liking her but do try to make the best of your trip it is only 3 days and if you play your cards right the only time you should have to see her would be at night when your sleeping

If you have a boarding pass that says 12:30 then just bring that with you and they should let you on the boat

Sorry the other party changed it she may not have realized it would affect your check in time so do try and give her the benefit of the doubt not all people read everything as they are going along

I realize your not liking her but do try to make the best of your trip it is only 3 days and if you play your cards right the only time you should have to see her would be at night when your sleeping

I'm not a drinker but now I want to drink to my heart (and liver's content). I emailed her to double check if she wanted the drink package or not.

My experience at several terminals is that the gatekeepers only glance at the boarding pass to see that the time on the pass is not in the future. They will let you in. You cannot arrive before that time, but you can arrive any time after. She could have arrived at 2:30 with 1230 on the boarding pass without any problems. EM

(this was a part of a group package where they assigned roommates for this particular voyage) > catinsnow... im single and i have a hard time getting people to go with me is this a special group through a travel agent or how can i find out more about these groups? thank you

(this was a part of a group package where they assigned roommates for this particular voyage) > catinsnow... im single and i have a hard time getting people to go with me is this a special group through a travel agent or how can i find out more about these groups? thank you

[emoji15] this post makes you want to try it...

I'm going to PM you.

[emoji15] this post makes you want to try it...

I'm taken back by this as she is the inconsiderate one. I've extended olive branches already to this girl:

- wanting to meet with her ahead of time for a drink or coffee so she knows me ahead of time (she wasn't interested)

- discussed different check in times (she said she will be a later check in, and I said an earlier one...we agreed to an earlier check in since it meant I get to go on as scheduled where she gets to go on whenever she wants since she would be there later than me anyway)

- told her the ball was in her court with drink packages (I said if she wants it, I have no problems buying 1 for myself but if she wants to skip it, that's too)...never heard back.

She also picked the dinner time without asking me which time would be the best for me.

I hope the travel planner realizes that maybe next time before they assign roommates that they should see who wants the drink package and who wants what time to avoid confusion. When I emailed the planner this morning I just got a "Yeah, you are right that is annoying! You need to contact Carnival as I cannot assist".

Edited by CatsinShow

My experience at several terminals is that the gatekeepers only glance at the boarding pass to see that the time on the pass is not in the future. They will let you in. You cannot arrive before that time, but you can arrive any time after. She could have arrived at 2:30 with 1230 on the boarding pass without any problems. EM

That was what we were supposed to do however she changed the check in time from 12:30 to 2:30. I'm the one who wants to get in earlier. I have the pass that says 12:30 however if I were to print it out now since she changed it, it would say 2:30-3:00.

I'm going to just show up at the time I had planned and hope for the best. It doesn't affect her whatsoever only me.

Try to make the best of it!

This is one reason I cruise SOLO.....:D

I typically do as well. This is the first time I've done a group thing in over 10 years. I did a group one on a 7 day years ago on NCL and everyone went on whenever they wanted (4 college students in a room together!).